Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    According to verbalcommits.com, Roko Dominovic of Northern State has entered the portal. Do any of the Northern folks on this board have more information on this?

Don't know what the common practice is, but will he still be playing at the regional? Or are you off the team as soon as you announce your intentions to transfer?

Out of curiosity, I scanned the DI transfer list. One school, Tennessee-Martin of the Ohio Valley Conference, has 12 -- that's right, 12 -- players on the transfer list. Madness.
    Saul talked about that during the conference tourney. It was due to some bylaw that in order for him to talk to some professional teams in Croatia about playing after college he had to enter the transfer portal.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that one-time Augie commit Jaeden King, who ended up going to Western Illinois for one year before transferring to Tiffin University (D2 in Ohio) for last season has now entered the transfer portal yet again. My money is finally on him ending up at Mankato for...however many years he has left at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        Saw on Twitter that one-time Augie commit Jaeden King, who ended up going to Western Illinois for one year before transferring to Tiffin University (D2 in Ohio) for last season has now entered the transfer portal yet again. My money is finally on him ending up at Mankato for...however many years he has left at this point...
        I thought I had posted this but it must have been on another thread.

Chad Courrier@ChadCourrierMar 12
        It looks like MSU basketball will have an open spot on roster. Sophomore guard Landon Wolfe has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

So far Crookston leads the way with 8 leaving, followed by CSP with 4. With Northern's season now over we'll see if this pick up. ; )

Comment

SMSU's Kaden Evans is in the transfer portal. I'd look for a MIAA or GLVC team to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              SMSU's Kaden Evans is in the transfer portal. I'd look for a MIAA or GLVC team to sign him.
              Eesh... second leading scorer. This whole transfer situation is getting crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Eesh... second leading scorer. This whole transfer situation is getting crazy.
                He had some major health stuff happen a year ago, I wonder if he wants to move closer to home near KC as a result, that's why I mentioned those two conferences.

Comment

Constant transfers is going to now be the norm in both D1 and D2, Kids leaving D2 for smaller D1 schools. D1 kids transferring down into D2.

I predict that in the NSIC every team will have 2 or more transfers every year now. Gonna get grad transfers too. Kids are nuch more likely to transfer if they see a chance to play sooner or more.

For a long time I always thought kids shouldn't transfer. I have changed my mind. College is INCREDIBLY expensive and a kid should go where he can get the most scholarship $$$$$ and where he will play. Life is too short to get a one-third scholarship when a two-thirds scholarship is available at a similar school.

It is gonna be the Wild West in D2 hoops going forward. lots fo movement from kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

He had some major health stuff happen a year ago, I wonder if he wants to move closer to home near KC as a result, that's why I mentioned those two conferences.
                    I think Omaha or UMKC. Will be a 4th year freshman so he is an attractive kid for a D1 program to take. And he has the talent.

Tremendous loss for the Mustangs. I saw all - american potential there. Feel terrible for Bigler who investred a ton of time in the kid and his family and stuck by him the whole time. Not crritical of kaden, seems like a great kid, but what a gut punch to Bigler.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      For a long time I always thought kids shouldn't transfer. I have changed my mind. College is INCREDIBLY expensive and a kid should go where he can get the most scholarship $$$$$ and where he will play. Life is too short to get a one-third scholarship when a two-thirds scholarship is available at a similar school.
                      I agree. If all kids were getting full rides, I would have a different opinion. In the partial scholarship model under which we operate, a 2/3 scholarship is a lot better than a 1/3 scholarship. We wouldn't criticize someone for taking a job that doubles their salary.

Comment

Anybody see the transfer portal yet? At 1:05 everyones favorite little 4 legged creature with the bushy tail joined his teammate Andrew Kallman on it.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                          Anybody see the transfer portal yet? At 1:05 everyones favorite little 4 legged creature with the bushy tail joined his teammate Andrew Kallman on it.

Comment

A nice transfer pickup for UNK from CSU-Pueblo.
                            https://lopers.com/news/2021/3/19/me...es-aboard.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
                              A nice transfer pickup for UNK from CSU-Pueblo.
                              https://lopers.com/news/2021/3/19/me...es-aboard.aspx
                              Looks like a nice pickup... anyone who can get 48 in a college game is a player! Should be some fun games with guard matchups in this league.

Comment

I see that Mason Stark is also in the transfer portal. I wonder if he is going to try and play closer to home?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X