Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer time

Georges Darwiche (6-1, 188, 2?) will be transferring.

2/24/2021 - Mary 2018 SG Trever Kaiser (6-2, 200, 2?) will be transferring.

2/23/2021 - Winona State 2017 SF Kevion TaylorJohn SutherlandGeorge Blaj-Voinescu (6-8, 210, 2?) will be transferring. - Per LinkJaylen James (6-1, 175, 2?) will be transferring.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/conferences/nsic

Comment

Must be frustrating to be Crookston. Seems they get the big exit every year.

Comment

I suppose Parker Fox is waiting to announce that he's transferring until their season is over. :)

Comment

Interesting. I get it. I assume he is a grad transfer. Taylor likely could have played D1 ball. Summit League teams will certainly have some interest. Could he go higher (Mo Valley-ish) and have some kind of role? Quite possibly. Heck, I'm not certain that the Huskers couldn't use him....but that squad might be sub-Mo Valley level these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

Interesting. I get it. I assume he is a grad transfer. Taylor likely could have played D1 ball. Summit League teams will certainly have some interest. Could he go higher (Mo Valley-ish) and have some kind of role? Quite possibly. Heck, I'm not certain that the Huskers couldn't use him....but that squad might be sub-Mo Valley level these days.
            Not a Husker fan by any means, but definitely feel for Hoiberg. Wish he never left Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Not a Husker fan by any means, but definitely feel for Hoiberg. Wish he never left Iowa State.
              More like Nebraska should have never fired Miles for a guy that had a few good years at Iowa State.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

More like Nebraska should have never fired Miles for a guy that had a few good years at Iowa State.
                Fred Hoiberg took the Cyclones to the tourney every year including a sweet 16 appearance and never won fewer then 23 games. I may be wrong, but I believe the Huskers have never been to the big dance. Nebraska is a place where BB coaches careers die. Tim Miles is an excellent coach, at least he made a boat load of money at NU.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Fred Hoiberg took the Cyclones to the tourney every year including a sweet 16 appearance and never won fewer then 23 games. I may be wrong, but I believe the Huskers have never been to the big dance. Nebraska is a place where BB coaches careers die. Tim Miles is an excellent coach, at least he made a boat load of money at NU.
                  I'm pretty sure they've been... They were pretty good when they had the Polish Rifle and again when they had Tyronn Lue and Cookie Belcher. I did read recently though, if I'm remembering correctly, that they're the only division 1 team from a major conference to never win a tournament game. Definitely not a program with any kind of basketball tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I'm pretty sure they've been... They were pretty good when they had the Polish Rifle and again when they had Tyronn Lue and Cookie Belcher. I did read recently though, if I'm remembering correctly, that they're the only division 1 team from a major conference to never win a tournament game. Definitely not a program with any kind of basketball tradition.
                    You are correct, they made 2 or 3 appearances under HC Danny Nee back in the 80s without a victory.

Comment

You are correct, they made 2 or 3 appearances under HC Danny Nee back in the 80s without a victory.

Comment

Comment

I believe Northwestern was the 2nd last. They hadn't even had an appearance until a few years ago, but did win a game once they finally got in.

It's been a tough year, but Hoinberg is a good coach. It's probably the worst Power5 job in the country. No history of success, tough conference, and the limited in-state talent all goes to Creighton. They won't find a better option, so they may as well give him some time. And hey, at least they beat the rodents yesterday! Pitino is probably on a hotter seat at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

I believe Northwestern was the 2nd last. They hadn't even had an appearance until a few years ago, but did win a game once they finally got in.

It's been a tough year, but Hoinberg is a good coach. It's probably the worst Power5 job in the country. No history of success, tough conference, and the limited in-state talent all goes to Creighton. They won't find a better option, so they may as well give him some time. And hey, at least they beat the rodents yesterday! Pitino is probably on a hotter seat at the moment.
                            I'm pretty sure he has some dirt on the Minnesota AD at this point. I don't understand how they keep giving him chances. There can't still be Gopher fans out there who have any faith in him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I'm pretty sure he has some dirt on the Minnesota AD at this point. I don't understand how they keep giving him chances. There can't still be Gopher fans out there who have any faith in him at all.
                              Oh yes there can. They are a special breed of delusional.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X