Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concordia St. Paul gets Ryan Grigsby, 6'9" PF from Superior Colorado. He will be a redshirt sophomore from Northern Colorado. I guess the lure to stay a Bear was just too much. But he goes from regular Bear to now a Golden Bear. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Hopefully, it doesn't open the floodgates. That changes the dynamic of this team quite a little bit... that's a lot of rebounds and interior defense to replace, not to mention his ability to score. At the same time, if it wasn't a "covid" year, we would've been trying to figure that out next year anyway. I'm sure Duke is breathing a little easier. ;)

He's been nothing short of great during his time in Maryville... wish him the best and excited to see where he lands and what kind of success he has.
      Wouldn't it be something if he went to Duke and then played against his former teammates?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
        Remember, the only reason he came to NW was because of a coaching change at Wayne St. He originally committed there and then committed to NW after the coaching change at Wayne. It turned out pretty well for NW and for Hawkins.
        Despite missing out on Hawkins, I think the coaching change worked out pretty well for Wayne too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Despite missing out on Hawkins, I think the coaching change worked out pretty well for Wayne too.
          That may be but my comment wasn't a shot at Wayne St. It was more of a reflection on the good luck for NW.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That may be but my comment wasn't a shot at Wayne St. It was more of a reflection on the good luck for NW.
            Yes. I wasn't responding combatively or argumentatively. I also agree that it's interesting how things like that can shake out.

Comment

• I hope Hawkins signs with Minnesota

Comment

• Former Augustana guard Matt Todd is taking his underwhelming game to Central Missouri.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Former Augustana guard Matt Todd is taking his underwhelming game to Central Missouri.
                  I would describe his game as whelming. I feel like underwhelming is a little strong (although I'm sure Augieholic would disagree). Obviously he had a handful of weaknesses, but I think the bigger issue is that we were looking for a replacement for someone who was a very well-rounded, high-level player, and Matt wasn't able to fill that gap like many of us had hoped, which creates some pretty tough comparisons. That being said, I'm sure Augieholic could put together a laundry list of reasons he takes issue with Todd's game, but it's not like the kid should have been riding the bench at Crookston or Concordia last year either.

This isn't directed solely at you, vikingfaithful. I just feel bad that Todd has been getting bashed on here when it's not as if he was the worst player in the conference or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I would describe his game as whelming. I feel like underwhelming is a little strong (although I'm sure Augieholic would disagree). Obviously he had a handful of weaknesses, but I think the bigger issue is that we were looking for a replacement for someone who was a very well-rounded, high-level player, and Matt wasn't able to fill that gap like many of us had hoped, which creates some pretty tough comparisons. That being said, I'm sure Augieholic could put together a laundry list of reasons he takes issue with Todd's game, but it's not like the kid should have been riding the bench at Crookston or Concordia last year either.

This isn't directed solely at you, vikingfaithful. I just feel bad that Todd has been getting bashed on here when it's not as if he was the worst player in the conference or anything.
                    Maybe he just wanted to go to a place where the fans have an unconditional love for their coach?

Comment

• Hawkins to Creighton

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by A-TownBearcat View Post
                          Hawkins to Creighton

Comment

• Msum assistant coach Spencer Bland transferring to Sioux Falls. :) By all accounts very well liked by all associated with dragon program. Best of luck to him at USF.

Comment

• Kaylee Damitz, Pitt State Women's leading scorer and playmaker, has transferred to Drury. Damitz was All MIAA the three years she was at Pittsburgh State. She will have two years of eligibility according to covid rules.

Comment

• Michael Schaefer and this terrible photo shop are headed to Barry University

https://twitter.com/michaels1228/sta...044202496?s=19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X