Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely. Not a good game from him tonight but outside of Hudgins and Hawkins, he's our next best outside shooter. Others have better percentages but he takes more shots and can help spread the court. He also plays the same role Hawkins did as an underclassmen- guard the post to take pressure off leading scorers. Hawkins is the better defender but putting Dreamer on the tougher defensive assignment saves Hawkins legs.

All around, he's just a glue guy who does the small things. That and we only play 7 so losing any of those is going to be tough going forward.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

The second half was officiated how basketball should be officiated. You want flow? Stop fouling. You want football? Come back in the fall. I said early on and numerous times if the refs don't swallow their whistles that is advantage NW because NSU wants to bully NW. NSU had the game in hand but then NW turned up the full court pressure and Trevor Hudgins took over. NW typically defends well without fouling but NSU was difficult to stay in front of and NW had no one who could check Fox.
        You honestly feel like there were 54 or whatever reasons to blow a whistle that game? You are alone my foe...alone

Comment

• I'd probably feel the same if roles were reversed. Funny enough, a few of us said Fox should have had a couple early foul calls and I said there was no way they were calling those against him on his home court. Then the inconsistency kicked in and who knew what was or wasn't going to be called.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Well then you prove my point.
            Just so we're clear here are you saying the 5th foul on Fox was a flop?

Comment

• NWFanatic

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I'd probably feel the same if roles were reversed. Funny enough, a few of us said Fox should have had a couple early foul calls and I said there was no way they were calling those against him on his home court. Then the inconsistency kicked in and who knew what was or wasn't going to be called.
                Agreed. Two early I was like...ok...letting them play, that should hopefully work out for us and then the 2nd half.

I dont honestly even know who is senior for NW and outside of Bernard and (I can't think of the others name) the rest of NW was either controlled or felt non-existent. By that I mean Iverson read all the names, ans stats may say differently but I felt like Hawkins was a non factor. Again, stats may show otherwise and being unfamiliar with the squad, hard to know who is who....but Bernard is all world in my book.

Comment

• That was the D2 National Championship. Two great teams throwing haymakers for 40 minutes.

Comment

Just so we're clear here are you saying the 5th foul on Fox was a flop?

Comment

• Because of "Reputation"...LOL...Diego fouled out, Hudgins had 4 fouls. 1 less than how many Wolves? There were plenty of fouls to go around.

Comment

Because of "Reputation"...LOL...Diego fouled out, Hudgins had 4 fouls. 1 less than how many Wolves? There were plenty of fouls to go around.
                        One less than 4 wolves to be exact. 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Agreed. Two early I was like...ok...letting them play, that should hopefully work out for us and then the 2nd half.

I dont honestly even know who is senior for NW and outside of Bernard and (I can't think of the others name) the rest of NW was either controlled or felt non-existent. By that I mean Iverson read all the names, ans stats may say differently but I felt like Hawkins was a non factor. Again, stats may show otherwise and being unfamiliar with the squad, hard to know who is who....but Bernard is all world in my book.
                          It was Trevor Hudgins, not Bernard. You'd have to watch the last 3yrs of NW basketball to appreciate what Hudgins, Bernard and Hawkins have accomplished in their careers. Hudgins and Bernard are back next year. I believe Hawkins became only the 2nd player in NW history to score over 2000pts tonight. I'd say he's doing alright.

Comment

Because of "Reputation"...LOL...Diego fouled out, Hudgins had 4 fouls. 1 less than how many Wolves? There were plenty of fouls to go around.
                            And Diego and Hudgins were allowed to hold and grab on every drive and over every screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Hawkins is only senior. From what I hear, he is returning next year. NSU played really good team defense and definitely stifled NW. If Dreamer could have hit a shot or two it may have really opened things up for him.

Comment

• Thunder is suspect #1

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X