Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW guts out a tough 82-71 win against a very physical Lions team. Trevor took a beating tonight.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 02-01-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Didn't get home tonight until shortly after 7 pm thinking tonight's game vs MSSU had a usual weeknite 7:30 pm tipoff. Quickly put together a sandwich and got the video stream up at 7:15 pm only to see a little more than 10 minutes left in the game. Crap. Noticed when HC Mac started substituting his players toward the game's end that I never got to see Alexander or Moustakas enter the game. Noted on individual stats Moustakas never got into the game, and Alexander had only played 1 minute. Questions ... was Alexander injured limiting his playing time? And, where was Moustakas?

Comment

• Comment

• Jackson and Alexander certainly don't put up 3-pt shots worth speaking of, but both are still shooting over 60% from the field for the season. One thing I love about Alexander ... if he takes a feed under the basket, obviously at that point he is generally always hounded and so closely guarded by one or two defenders, but he has such a great ability to pivot and move his body into a position to get a pretty clean shot up that I don't know if I have more confidence with the ball in that situation to get a score. He is so strong and moves so well under the basket. Love Jackson ... guy is so quick on his feet and and with his hands. Great defender. Also, love Diego's ability to get up (who doesn't?), but Jackson can really get up, as well. Certainly Alexander's minutes are no where near what I expected this season, especially after what he produced late in the season last year.
          Last edited by ZubCat81; 02-02-2022, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            Jackson and Alexander certainly don't put up 3-pt shots worth speaking of, but both are still shooting over 60% from the field for the season. One thing I love about Alexander ... if he takes a feed under the basket, obviously at that point he is generally always hounded and so closely guarded by one or two defenders, but he has such a great ability to pivot and move his body into a position to get a pretty clean shot up that I don't know if I have more confidence with the ball in that situation to get a score. He is so strong and moves so well under the basket. Love Jackson ... guy is so quick on his feet and and with his hands. Great defender. Also, love Diego's ability to get up (who doesn't?), but Jackson can really get up, as well. Certainly Alexander's minutes are no where near what I expected this season, especially after what he produced late in the season last year.
            Yeah, I agree... they're both great at what they do. I guess it points to the state of the program... they'd both being seeing 30+ minutes a night for another team. Isaiah is Diego reincarnated... probably not quite as quick, but he guards with the same intensity and is a really good rebounding guard. Alexander is a little bit of a tweener defensively, but I love how aggressive he is on the offensive boards and going after loose balls. And like you said, he can score in the paint probably as well or better than anyone on the team. He does a lot of little things... I feel like he's similar to D'Vante Mosby in that regard, but I think his ceiling is higher and still believe he will be a great player here.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• It's a good strategy if you can keep him off of the line... they didn't. That's how I feel Diego or Isaiah would try to guard him... don't let him move around freely and make him work extremely hard for everything he gets. The thing about Trevor though is he doesn't get rattled by anything... he doesn't change the way he plays, doesn't change his approach to the game, doesn't make it a personal challenge... he really is a special kind of player. 24 points on 9 shots is a pretty efficient ho hum night. :)
                  Last edited by Alfred33; 02-02-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Apparently, Alexander was a little under the weather last night. Which is why he did not play all that much. This was reported in the Maryville paper. It was not covid related according to the article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Apparently, Alexander was a little under the weather last night. Which is why he did not play all that much. This was reported in the Maryville paper. It was not covid related according to the article.
                      Lots of plain old stomach flu going around

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Apparently, Alexander was a little under the weather last night. Which is why he did not play all that much. This was reported in the Maryville paper. It was not covid related according to the article.
                        That makes a lot more sense than only getting 1 minute!! lol... thanks for that update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                          Mascari played well tonight
                          That was the best I have seen him play. Knocking down shots, getting deflections defensively (that end has seemed to be his weakness), and diving for loose balls). If he is playing well then they are able to play 8 which would be considered extremely deep for a Mac team, lol.

I think Alexander needs to work on this shot. As mentioned previously, he excelled when everyone else on the floor could knock down shots (Hudgins, Hawkins, Waters, Dreamer, Bernard, etc.). he was great at those backdoor cuts that don't seem to be there as often this year. Not really sure the reason. As mentioned, Jackson is the only one who is not really a threat from 3. Abreu and Mascari can both shoot and spread the floor as well.

Comment

• I saw on NCAA.com that NW is in a 3 way tie for 3rd most national titles. 1st is KWU with 8, 2nd is Evansville with 5.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X