Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    It's possible the few/no seniors thing will become a trend in D2 thanks to the transfer portal. I think we'll see more and more juniors/seniors getting poached by low D1s like Summit League schools (and the occasional mid-major/P5).

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    I see that Ouachita Baptist and Harding are coming to Halenbeck Nov 12-13. Minot will be the fourth team and will not play SCSU.
    SMSU's two tournaments are at CSP Nov. 12-13 against Rogers State (OK) and Newman (KS), plus a trip to Kenosha against Parkside (WI) and Davenport (MI), with UIU also there.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Even more controversial than COVID and its various vaccines...

MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)
    SMSU's split is 11/3/2/1. Had Kenny Byers not sat out last year, they too would've been without a senior.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.
    That is interesting. Much preferable to playing D3 or NAIA teams in the preseason.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.
    Just one new one (Hopkins) but 3 total (Kramer & Thedford)

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Here's just one fact check. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours so on with basketball.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Zero seniors? Wow!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)
    Zero seniors? Wow!

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Good luck fact checking my first paragraph and finding one fact that is not accurate.
    Here's just one fact check. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours so on with basketball.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Well, I taught history for a number of years so I am very familiar. Even many of the politicians saying it's individual's choice are doing it. They're not professing it because for many it could hurt their support base but they are still getting it. No matter your argument, anyone can find data (whether accurate or not) to substantiate their claims. Everyone gets to make their personal choice but be cautious of where you get your information. The language you use very clearly shows the bias of where you receive your news.

My experience- I know a handful of people who have died from COVID, some family members. I don't know a single person with an adverse reaction to the shot. Do they exist? Sure, but in much smaller numbers than those who have contracted COVID.

As I was saying, there is a simple solution to this. What do you propose they do? Not contact trace or test unvaccinated players and just let them do as they please?
    Good luck fact checking my first paragraph and finding one fact that is not accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Can we please get back to basketball? Thank you Moorhead123 for starting this and shame on you NWHoops for hijacking the thread.
    My apologies... I had already started typing. I'll get out of here now.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    This^^

I am vaccinated and I don't judge anyone, especially a kid, who makes the decision to not take the shot. That is their choice to make. There are new studies that show natural immunity from actually having Covid is far more effective than the vaccine against the Delta variant, so it's hard to say there is a definitive right answer when it comes to how an individual views the vaccine.

If we're only talking about missing/forfeiting ballgames, if its that black and white, then I guess the solution is simple because of the rules they have put in place. I don't think its that black and white.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X