Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Fayette is a nice town. Not far to bigger towns.

Dakota is full of "nowhere" which is exactly what makes it great. Sioux Falls sucks. Terrible traffic and very expensive.
    Yes, I know I am in a very big minority not being a fan of Sioux Falls. I actually think Sioux Falls is well fun, a city on the rise, and a place to go to get rich. But the traffic sucks and it has too many people already. Yes, I know I am in the minority on all these opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Article in the Argus Leader "speculated" on new hires at USD - named Saul Phillips, Tom Billiter, and Brooks McKowen. More of an opinion piece than actual candidacy (and the article does state that), but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Also, I chuckled at the part where a newspaper in South Dakota called Fayette, Iowa "the middle of absolute nowhere."

12 candidates to replace Todd Lee as South Dakota Coyotes basketball coach (msn.com)
      The list is a pretty good list and pretty realistic on who would fit and who might be interested. New arena helps too

Comment

Fayette is a nice town. Not far to bigger towns.

Dakota is full of "nowhere" which is exactly what makes it great. Sioux Falls sucks. Terrible traffic and very expensive.
        I've never been to Fayette, I know it's quite small. I just think it's funny that Sioux Falls thinks Fayette is the middle of nowhere, when SF is also most people's definition of the middle-of-nowhere.

No disrespect towards Fayette, would love to visit UIU someday for a game.

Comment

Yes, I know I am in a very big minority not being a fan of Sioux Falls. I actually think Sioux Falls is well fun, a city on the rise, and a place to go to get rich. But the traffic sucks and it has too many people already. Yes, I know I am in the minority on all these opinions.
          Neither here nor there for me. Kinda small, not a ton to do, no public university - but it seems like a good place to earn a living and the townsfolk have always been nice to me. One of them gave me a fourth row ticket to the Stampede game some months back. They are lucky to have the Pentagon/Premier Center - I think the town would be a truck stop without them.

Agreed on the traffic, it gets pretty brutal at times.

Comment

Tom Brown should be on that list before some of those other names. He and Gove were run off in Winona for telling the truth. Now if you look at what he has done at WT is mirrors what occurred at WSU minus a National Championship. Guy deserves a shot.

Comment

Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                No brainer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  Article in the Argus Leader "speculated" on new hires at USD - named Saul Phillips, Tom Billiter, and Brooks McKowen. More of an opinion piece than actual candidacy (and the article does state that), but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Also, I chuckled at the part where a newspaper in South Dakota called Fayette, Iowa "the middle of absolute nowhere."

12 candidates to replace Todd Lee as South Dakota Coyotes basketball coach (msn.com)
                  USD's fan base seems to be pretty clear about wanting an up-and-coming D1 assistant more than an established coach from a lower level. I would imagine Billeter and McKowan are both less likely choices than others I'm assuming were on that Argus list.

If I were a Northern fan, I think I'd be a hair more concerned, but I'm willing to bet USD will pursue another Craig Smith-type like Eric Peterson or Joe Krabbenhoft or someone of that nature who is a D1 assistant at a high-major level looking to add head coaching experience to his resume.

Of course, they'd be smart to pursue McCollum, but who knows if he'd want to try to get USD over the hump with SDSU and NDSU dominating the league for so long and St. Thomas poised to jump ahead of both of them in a few short years?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

USD's fan base seems to be pretty clear about wanting an up-and-coming D1 assistant more than an established coach from a lower level. I would imagine Billeter and McKowan are both less likely choices than others I'm assuming were on that Argus list.

If I were a Northern fan, I think I'd be a hair more concerned, but I'm willing to bet USD will pursue another Craig Smith-type like Eric Peterson or Joe Krabbenhoft or someone of that nature who is a D1 assistant at a high-major level looking to add head coaching experience to his resume.

Of course, they'd be smart to pursue McCollum, but who knows if he'd want to try to get USD over the hump with SDSU and NDSU dominating the league for so long and St. Thomas poised to jump ahead of both of them in a few short years?
                    Yeah, Billiter struck me as an odd one. Not sure why it did, and I mean no disrespect to him (quite the opposite) - he just doesn't strike me as a fit for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                      Tom Brown should be on that list before some of those other names. He and Gove were run off in Winona for telling the truth. Now if you look at what he has done at WT is mirrors what occurred at WSU minus a National Championship. Guy deserves a shot.
                      Welcome back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Welcome back!!
                        Thanks! Felt compelled to make a guest appearance on here after seeing that list.

I just want to see the WT guys get a shot. They deserve it, they have dominated the LSC for the last 5 years and made runs in the NCAA's in each of those as well. They know how to build a program and win. This year was the best job they have done, lost 3 top players to D1 ( I think one ended up at UCSprings which is D2 but his intention was D1 but not sure he could get in, but anyway) they had to rebuild the roster and did a great job getting in a couple of transfers and hitting on freshman once again. Then mid season after some struggles they benched some of the main rotation guys and went to some freshman who have done just awesome. So here they are once again and no one would be surprised if they made it back to the Elite 8 here once again. So when I see some of those names I just can't help myself but chirp up for them even though I know this isn't the board for them.

Anyway so what is going on with Margs and the squad? I know he has that nice home on the lake now and seems to be enjoying life but he also seems to have lost that edge a little bit on the court. Is he going to hang it up soon? I don't blame him, he has had a nice run but these long bus rides will take it out of you, I know it did back in the day to some other legendary coaches or that is what his assistant said at the time anyway. Hope to see the Mavs back on top soon and also try some of that wine! Cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post

Thanks! Felt compelled to make a guest appearance on here after seeing that list.

I just want to see the WT guys get a shot. They deserve it, they have dominated the LSC for the last 5 years and made runs in the NCAA's in each of those as well. They know how to build a program and win. This year was the best job they have done, lost 3 top players to D1 ( I think one ended up at UCSprings which is D2 but his intention was D1 but not sure he could get in, but anyway) they had to rebuild the roster and did a great job getting in a couple of transfers and hitting on freshman once again. Then mid season after some struggles they benched some of the main rotation guys and went to some freshman who have done just awesome. So here they are once again and no one would be surprised if they made it back to the Elite 8 here once again. So when I see some of those names I just can't help myself but chirp up for them even though I know this isn't the board for them.

Anyway so what is going on with Margs and the squad? I know he has that nice home on the lake now and seems to be enjoying life but he also seems to have lost that edge a little bit on the court. Is he going to hang it up soon? I don't blame him, he has had a nice run but these long bus rides will take it out of you, I know it did back in the day to some other legendary coaches or that is what his assistant said at the time anyway. Hope to see the Mavs back on top soon and also try some of that wine! Cheers!!!
                          Oh forgot what is up with AugieDogie? Are you guys going to find a conference to go D1 still or is that off the table? Sorry not caught up on my NSIC current events as well as I should be but I did watch the conference tournament some. I like Duluth to come out of the region.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just a guess ... but, I think it might be a bit too early for McCollum to "want" to make a call with USD. I see him focusing on winning another NC and then wanting to see what follows. Vermillion is a dump? McCollum is a neat freak. That might scare him away from from considering a dump.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X