Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Are you bragging about that? I would.
    For heavens sake no, haven’t you been paying attention. Those scrappy underdogs from Maryville weren’t even in first in their conference to begin the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

For heavens sake no, haven’t you been paying attention. Those scrappy underdogs from Maryville weren’t even in first in their conference to begin the day.
      And you think NW fans after sensitive...

Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to take what I posted to get to "scrappy underdogs".

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

And you think NW fans after sensitive...

Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to take what I posted to get to "scrappy underdogs".
        Well I’m certainly no gymnast, perhaps some day I’ll figure out the proper amount of reverence to show to our Bearcat overlords…
        Last edited by Thunder; 01-28-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Are you bragging about that? I would.
          Lol… Not so much bragging, because I had very little to do with it other than watching. More so admitting that as fans, we’ve been spoiled the last several years. Even as a fan and knowing the success of the program, sometimes seeing those numbers can still be a little unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Well I’m certainly no gymnast, perhaps some day I’ll figure out the proper amount of reverence to show to our Bearcat overlords…
            It would help if you would make up your mind: am I being faux modest or requesting you show more reverence? Because those are opposing positions.

Or you could do like I attempted in my initial post that has you so bothered and engage in basketball conversation rather than ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

It would help if you would make up your mind: am I being faux modest or requesting you show more reverence? Because those are opposing positions.

Or you could do like I attempted in my initial post that has you so bothered and engage in basketball conversation rather than ad hominem attacks.

I’m not bothered at all, just having a little fun. Historically on this message board it is impossible to please a NWMSU fan. If you say they are the best team in the land, the response is similar to your previous post. If you say they are not the best team in the land, then you get the resumé (which is excellent). Our little repartee this evening is just the most recent example.

Quite honestly everyone outside of your lovely little NW Missouri community wishes we had the program you do. You have the best coach in all of D2, you play a beautiful brand of basketball with excellent team defense and an offense that you teach at clinics. You’ve had some of the best players to ever play D2 basketball.

The only thing that appears to be lacking is a bit of a sense of humor when it comes to the rest of us poking the bear(cat).

Comment

• Diego put the team on his back and simply refused to lose to a scrappy Tiger team.

Due to several teammates in foul trouble and Luke still sidelined with an injury he played all 40 minutes(several of them on the floor after getting fouled).

He had 29 pts, 6 steals, 5 rebounds and 2 assists. He now has 2,014 career points and 900 career rebounds. MIAA and maybe D2 POW?

Ben tied Tapp for most wins by a NW coach.
                Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-29-2023, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• DB was not suited up for the loss at Emporia-hopefully he’ll be the difference tonight and we can stop the Bee’s streak at 3. Waters may be suited up finally too.

Comment

• What a difference Diego made tonight! NW 63 ESU 52. Diego had 24 pts 3 steals & rebounds, 2 assists and a block in 35 minutes and he held Long to 6 pts in 28 minutes. Long had 29 pts in the 9 pt ESU win in Emporia last December when Diego was out with an injury.
                    Waters is still out with an injury-hope he’s back soon but Daniel has done a good job in his absence. Another tough 1 Saturday when WU comes to town

Comment

• Mascari has really improved his all around game. At one point he was just a spot up shooter. Now he can help handle the ball a little bit, get to the rim and finish, and he will still sink an open 3, but it's his improvement as a defensive player from when he first got here that is really impressive. Reminds me of the way Ryan Welty continued to get better on that end and went from somewhat of a liability to a really solid defender. Now no one is confusing Mitch for Diego, but he had a couple blocked shots last night that made me do a double take. The one in the first half when he came out of nowhere and swat away a layup attempt by someone else's man was emphatic, like "where'd that come from?!?" He doesn't shy away from getting in the middle of it on that end of the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                        Mascari has really improved his all around game. At one point he was just a spot up shooter. Now he can help handle the ball a little bit, get to the rim and finish, and he will still sink an open 3, but it's his improvement as a defensive player from when he first got here that is really impressive. Reminds me of the way Ryan Welty continued to get better on that end and went from somewhat of a liability to a really solid defender. Now no one is confusing Mitch for Diego, but he had a couple blocked shots last night that made me do a double take. The one in the first half when he came out of nowhere and swat away a layup attempt by someone else's man was emphatic, like "where'd that come from?!?" He doesn't shy away from getting in the middle of it on that end of the floor.
                        Great observation...we were talking about that last night too. Excellent comparison to Welty...I'd have to explain to people who didn't like him as a player what they were missing out on...

Bearcat's D has really stepped it up in conference play. Fun to watch...got to catch one of the few in-person games I can during conference season...great crowd last night too! Having Student Org night helped, but still a great crowd!

Comment

• I agree on Mitch. Daniel had also made some strides in his defensive play while Luke has been out

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            I agree on Mitch. Daniel had also made some strides in his defensive play while Luke has been out
                            Ben said Daniel was maybe his 2nd best defender...just behind Diego and about the same as Isiah. Something he's really focused on. I'm amazed with how much buy in Ben gets with his guys to do their job...fill their role.

Comment

• NW held WU to 16 pts in 1st half on way to a 79-53 laugher. Wes came alive with 25 pts(7-10 on 3’s)

Comment

• NWMSU 67 RSU 51…NW had a great 2nd half after only being up 24-23 @ 1/2. After attending the game @ RSU tonight I can see why they were 10-2 at home/2-8 away from home…nuff said.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X