Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    NWMSU 67 RSU 51…NW had a great 2nd half after only being up 24-23 @ 1/2. After attending the game @ RSU tonight I can see why they were 10-2 at home/2-8 away from home…nuff said.
    First time I was there in 2020...they'd recently had some type of stock show and you could still smell the ****...my daughter said there was **** in the hallways they had to go down from the locker room to the playing floor...there arena is basically a smaller American Royal.

Comment

• Northwest sits alone on top of the MIAA standings after a dominating win at Northeastern State coupled with a UCO blowout loss to Washburn.

Since we play again, both teams still control their own destiny when it comes to the 1 seed in the conference tournament, but I didn't mind getting a little help from the Ichabods today. I admit, I did not see that coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        Since we play again, both teams still control their own destiny when it comes to the 1 seed in the conference tournament, but I didn't mind getting a little help from the Ichabods today. I admit, I did not see that coming.
        No one saw that coming…not even Ichybod fans!!!

Comment

• I’m not concerned and it’s hard to complain about a 26 point win on the road, but that was kind of hard to watch. The defense was smothering, but I can’t imagine Ben was happy with the offense. Really ugly at times tonight… 17 turnovers and many of them were self inflicted. Oh well, next…. Lol

Comment

• What is really nice is the fact that when the offense might not be the prettiest, the defense has been lock down. Since the loss to UCO, the defense has been averaging giving up 47.4 points per game (10 games). Coming together at the right time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
              What is really nice is the fact that when the offense might not be the prettiest, the defense has been lock down. Since the loss to UCO, the defense has been averaging giving up 47.4 points per game (10 games). Coming together at the right time of the year.
              Absolutely!… the defense doesn’t have off nights.

Comment

• Very physical game in the paint tonight. Bennett & Mitch both got dinged some but hopefully will be fine by Saturday. Pretty grueling stretch of 3 road games in 6 days. Some of the TO’s were self-inflicted some were good defense and some were a result of some iffy calls. Defense was locked in-38 pts when Ben cleared the bench with about 2 minutes left and the backups only gave up 2 pts. 13 for WU had 20 vs UCO/1 tonight.
                NW had a good crowd tonight and made some noise at key points.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  Very physical game in the paint tonight. Bennett & Mitch both got dinged some but hopefully will be fine by Saturday. Pretty grueling stretch of 3 road games in 6 days. Some of the TO’s were self-inflicted some were good defense and some were a result of some iffy calls. Defense was locked in-38 pts when Ben cleared the bench with about 2 minutes left and the backups only gave up 2 pts. 13 for WU had 20 vs UCO/1 tonight.
                  NW had a good crowd tonight and made some noise at key points.
                  Not to take away from our defensive efforts, because defense travels and we were certainly locked in. but I wouldn't use Braun as any kind of comparative barometer. He is their Mascari... He's not a scorer, he's a shooter. If he gets some open looks, obviously, he can score 20, but he may barely shoot the next game. He had 5 against Newman the game before UCO. We obviously pay attention to the scouting report... against NW, he has 1 point in 2 games, but only 2 FG attempts...

Comment

• NW men overcome a 5 pt halftime deficit to beat MoWest on St Joe 68-59. This is the 18th time this year they held the opponent to <60 pts. Huge NW crowd-looked almost like a home game
                    Last edited by NWFanatic; 02-18-2023, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• NW is #2 in the NACB poll with UCO at #7
                      Good luck to Ben & his Boys tomorrow night

Comment

• NW pulls away late to win 65-51 over UCO, 10 straight MIAA Championships.

Comment

• Large rowdy crowd tonight-players fed off their energy. Great games by Wes and Mitch. What a crazy ending as NW scores 10 unanswered points to close out the game and sub out in the last minute. I certainly hope someone else knocks off UCO in the MIAA and Central Region as I don’t relish NW drawing them again.

Comment

• Great game with two good teams trading punches for about 35 minutes. Big crowd led by a loud student section made for a great atmosphere… it felt like a tournament game. NW really shot the ball well tonight… 78% from 3 in the second half. That’s a winning recipe.

Comment

• went to the game
                              gym was rocking fun night
                              i like co they get after it defensively just didn’t have enough scoring tonight
                              they could beat us in kc or the ncaa’s that’s a worthy opp.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                                went to the game
                                gym was rocking fun night
                                i like co they get after it defensively just didn’t have enough scoring tonight
                                they could beat us in kc or the ncaa’s that’s a worthy opp.
                                They looked out of control, I kept being shocked how the game was even close. UCO didn't look much better than anything I've seen in the NSIC, to be honest. Just one game of course, but I have no idea what to expect this postseason outside of another Northwest title.
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-24-2023, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X