• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Diego in making 2nd team AA

Comment

• WSU picked former ORU coach

Comment

• Evansville is missing the Bearcats just as the Bearcats are missing Evansville. Crowds will be smaller without NW fans and bars and cafes and hotels not as busy.

Comment

• Just saw on Twitter Ben is on campus at… Buffalo. Interesting

Comment

• I found this kind of interesting... It was an article in the Athletic about Marquette and Shaka Smart.

Where MU's offense comes from--lot of talk here about Nevada Smith, but there seems to be a lot of Ben McCollom in MU's offense this season:

"Smart also connected with Northwest Missouri State coach Ben McCollum, a name sent to him when he was looking to replace an assistant coach. McCollum had already won two Division II national titles — he’s since won two more — and his teams were scoring at historically efficient rates. Smart told McCollum he should remain a head coach, but he still wanted to learn from him.

“We ended up talking a bunch about offense,” Smart says. “And it was pretty one-sided conversation — him talking and me listening.”

Comment

• *bye bye*. hope he’s successful
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Just for pointless discussion and entertainment... if Ben were to leave, where do you feel like we'd turn for our next hire? It should be a desirable job... well funded and strong support for this level. That said, would we hire from within? Is Zach Schneider ready to be a head coach? He's been a full time assistant on Ben's staff now for 5 years after spending a season as a GA. I think he's probably ready, but is he ready for this program? Would Austin be interested in making a move back to the men's side? He was a full time assistant to Tapp and Ben for 10 years before coaching the women's team for the last 5. I'm not sure how I feel about that... I don't know that the last 5 years has made him a no brainer by any means, and he may not have any interest anyway. Any potential names from the outside you like? I know everyone enjoys Bob Hoffman... maybe we could steal him from UCO? Karleskint is available (for my UCM friends... haha). We could try to hire Bennett's dad (former coach at Liberty HS) just to make sure he doesn't go anywhere... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                  Just for pointless discussion and entertainment... if Ben were to leave, where do you feel like we'd turn for our next hire? It should be a desirable job... well funded and strong support for this level. That said, would we hire from within? Is Zach Schneider ready to be a head coach? He's been a full time assistant on Ben's staff now for 5 years after spending a season as a GA. I think he's probably ready, but is he ready for this program? Would Austin be interested in making a move back to the men's side? He was a full time assistant to Tapp and Ben for 10 years before coaching the women's team for the last 5. I'm not sure how I feel about that... I don't know that the last 5 years has made him a no brainer by any means, and he may not have any interest anyway. Any potential names from the outside you like? I know everyone enjoys Bob Hoffman... maybe we could steal him from UCO? Karleskint is available (for my UCM friends... haha). We could try to hire Bennett's dad (former coach at Liberty HS) just to make sure he doesn't go anywhere... lol
                  I definitely think NW is a desirable job probably will atleast get the phone call answered by majority of D2 coaches and maybe some D1 assistants looking to get a HC job, but whomever takes the position will have large shoes to fill. So it will have to come down to how much continuity you want in the program. Do you stay in house with Schneider, Kurth, Meyers? Do you stay in the family and go after Jesse Shaw? Or do you look outside but know that your opening yourself up to players transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Moon View Post

I definitely think NW is a desirable job probably will atleast get the phone call answered by majority of D2 coaches and maybe some D1 assistants looking to get a HC job, but whomever takes the position will have large shoes to fill. So it will have to come down to how much continuity you want in the program. Do you stay in house with Schneider, Kurth, Meyers? Do you stay in the family and go after Jesse Shaw? Or do you look outside but know that you’re opening yourself up to players transferring.
                    I started to mention Shaw, but my post was already too long. He seems to have gotten that program trending in the right direction.

Comment

• Maybe it's actually happening this time...

Comment

• If true Bennett’s likely gone too- hopefully no one else

Comment

• Rumor mill says Ben turned down BU offer

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            Rumor mill says Ben turned down BU offer
                            I thought a MAC school could afford to pay enough more than NW for him to be a serious contender...was worried about that. Glad from all reports he turned it down.

It has to be tough to make the decision to move when you'll have two of your kids in HS. I know it would have been difficult to move when my girls were in HS.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I thought a MAC school could afford to pay enough more than NW for him to be a serious contender...was worried about that. Glad from all reports he turned it down.

It has to be tough to make the decision to move when you'll have two of your kids in HS. I know it would have been difficult to move when my girls were in HS.
                              From what I'm reading, everyone on the planet is turning it down. Must have realized it wasn't a good situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Kids in high school or not (they're adaptable), you have to strike while the iron is hot in your chosen profession. Apparently, the iron just wasn't all that hot at Buffalo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X