Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU’s pick seems much better than any of these 5

Comment

• Wow, really surprised at the lack of oomph from any of those possibilities. I wonder what the list of names who have reached out to Peterson looks like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Ok so it wasn't just me that was wildly underwhelmed by this list.
        No it’s highly disappointing actually. Northwest is now a big dog as a program with history and standard set. So we should be able to get the top or at the very least get the top to answer our call. If I’m Andy I’m going Boschee or Ballard first they turn me down I start looking at other conferences to see best coach at maybe an underfunded program.

Comment

• Andy needs to hire Coach Margenthaler away from Mankato

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Andy needs to hire Coach Margenthaler away from Mankato
            Not sure he can get him but can definitely make that call. That is where the NW program is in D2

Comment

• Sometimes getting a big, splashy name (in D2 terms anyway) isn't necessarily the best option...

Comment

• Everybody on that list has a better resume than Ben did when he was hired. You just never really know. I’ve seen supposed “sure thing” coaches move to another school and flop too. The other thing to remember is that Northwest probably does a better job giving their coaches the resources they need to be successful than a lot of D2 schools. I’m keeping an open mind.

Comment

ESU’s pick seems much better than any of these 5
                  Honestly, part of me wonders if Northwest would/should make a similar type of hire. Rather than poaching a GLVC coach, I would look farther north, and everyone's favorite Bulldogs coach. I think it would be enough of a "wow", and I think he would consider a move like that.

I've also wondered about one of the Boschee brothers. You've got Jeff in Pittsburg who you guys are familiar with, but Mike has also done a pretty good job of developing decent success at underfunded Bemidji State. He might fall in the underwhelming category, but I don't think he would be any worse than the guys rumored so far.

One last idea would be if NWMSU could break up the duo of Brown and Gove down in Texas. Does Chris Gove want to run his own program?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                    Sometimes getting a big, splashy name (in D2 terms anyway) isn't necessarily the best option...
                    Spoken like someone who has experienced this...

Comment

Andy needs to hire Coach Margenthaler away from Mankato
                      I think MSU has so many advantages that make it one of the very best jobs in D2 that it would be tough to get a coach away from there.

Huge school - 15000 students, second largest school in Minnesota. Very nice recruiting footprint being close to the cities and very centralized within the NSIC. You guys have seen the facilities. They’re basically a d1 without the d1 tag.

That being said I’ve been wrong and surprised many a time and the call could still be made.

Comment

• bmc did us a solid bouncing when he did thus providing a test balloon to see if this dude can be trusted to make the really important hire that’ll be coming down the pike.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• The article about Mac leaving is finally on the NW BB website. There’s also a billboard of Mac cutting the net in Evansville with a ‘Thanks Coach Mac’ sign at the south end of Main.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                            bmc did us a solid bouncing when he did thus providing a test balloon to see if this dude can be trusted to make the really important hire that’ll be coming down the pike.
                            Welp, this hiring feels underwhelming. I agree with what you said. Also those two years he coached at Washburn? The Bods lost 24 games.
                            Can't wait for Peterson to go on a podcast and say NW basketball needs to be happy with 12 losses and third place MIAA finishes.

Comment

• Hope to be proven wrong but is a HC from a NAIA/NCCAA 1 school with 161 students with an all time winning per cent age of .559 the best AP could come up with ?? It seem like a D2 program like NW could do better. Is this a cost saving hire?
                              Last edited by NWFanatic; 04-13-2024, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Hope to be proven wrong but is a HC from a NAIA/NCCAA 1 coach from a school with 161 students with an all time winning per cent age of .559 the heat AP could come up with ?? It seem like a D2 program like NW could do better. Is this a cost saving hire?
                                Definitely surprising. But probably worth at least a footnote that he literally started the program from scratch. That's a decent start to a program's history.

They were both GAs in the MIAA at the same time, so I'm guessing it's someone Peterson probably already knew about and possibly had connections with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X