Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I turned it on when I saw Nova making a run. I yelled in frustrated dismay when he hit the three.

And yes, if it was rippling through Sioux Falls, it affirms my point on why I didn't want Mankato to win. Needless to say, this has not been my week.
    Well, I don't know to what extent - but there was a lot of talk about it from both St. Cloud State and Gopher fans, oddly enough. Weird combo to be discussing Mankato basketball in Sioux Falls of all places, but alas.

Comment

Mavericks are a football stadium away from going D1. There is no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Mavericks are a football stadium away from going D1. There is no doubt.
        And millions of dollars… and a conference. I would think Augie people would know about D1?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

And millions of dollars… and a conference. I would think Augie people would know about D1?
          We know that it will hurt your program if you try to jump up and instead get rejected by the Summit League. But maybe since Mankato's on a high right now, they'd just skip the Summit and go straight to the MVC/MVFC.

Comment

Watching the Mavs get manhandled by a major (real) D1 opponent every 5 years in the NCAA Tournament regional and then having the entire roster transfer is more fun than what they just did.

I knew the D1 talk would start soon enough lol

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
              laker I drank some celebratory chocolate milk today
              Great! I drank mine on the way home after the game. Got home at 6:30 this morning so it kept me awake. This whole thing is like a dream.

Comment

I wish there was division between where we are now and the Ohio States of the world. If the D1 one bid league types were their own division in the future that would make moving up easier as we could be competitive.

That might be coming up depending on what happens in a few years at the top with power football $. But we just don't seem to fit in modern D2 that well anymore because of school size and the identity we are trying to have. But moving up means we won't be winning nattys ever again. As of right now i'm happy to get the always a bridesmaid thing off of our back and in epic fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

We know that it will hurt your program if you try to jump up and instead get rejected by the Summit League. But maybe since Mankato's on a high right now, they'd just skip the Summit and go straight to the MVC/MVFC.
                  I still think there should be a mass merger/realignment between the Summit/MVC/MVFC. Like what the Big East did. You have football schools and non-football schools.

Comment

Anyone think Kyrese won't be the 2024-25 NSIC Preseason Player of the Year?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Anyone think Kyrese won't be the 2024-25 NSIC Preseason Player of the Year?
                      I was thinking Natalie Bremer

Comment

So what's the coaching job Mavs fans need to be worried about Margenthaler taking if it opens up?

Comment

So what's the coaching job Mavs fans need to be worried about Margenthaler taking if it opens up?
                          Likely none. He has stated he wants to be at MSU about another 7-8 years. But all that could change.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Likely none. He has stated he wants to be at MSU about another 7-8 years. But all that could change.
                            I've wondered about Western Illinois, given its his alma mater and his dad used to coach there. But that might not be a draw for him.

Comment

I've wondered about Western Illinois, given its his alma mater and his dad used to coach there. But that might not be a draw for him.
                              Would be my only fear, but Western Illinois just had a roomie coach this year and he did pretty well. That job may not be open for awhile.

I think Margs is probably here for the long haul, unless WIU opens up or a dream job at the very end of his career. I've heard him say why would he leave here and get fired in 3 years at a D1 job

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                                I wish there was division between where we are now and the Ohio States of the world. If the D1 one bid league types were their own division in the future that would make moving up easier as we could be competitive.

That might be coming up depending on what happens in a few years at the top with power football $. But we just don't seem to fit in modern D2 that well anymore because of school size and the identity we are trying to have. But moving up means we won't be winning nattys ever again. As of right now i'm happy to get the always a bridesmaid thing off of our back and in epic fashion.
                                This would be the best thing for MSU, an official split between the Majors and low/mid majors.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X