Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern coaches lack any sort of enthusiasm and it completely filters down to the players. They play with such little emotion and aggression. When the coaches and players are that way then the whole crowd sits on their hands. Northern crowds typically don’t get excited but my Lord they were at a funeral the whole game. When Moni leaves after this year it’s time to tear this thing down and get back to Northern basketball. Such a hard product to watch….

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Wolves give up a 16 point lead, Moni hits a potential game winner with 1.7 left for his 40th point of the game and Winona hits a 3/4 shot to win....yuck
      If they ran that end-of-game scenario 100 times, I bet he makes that shot one out of those 100 times. If that. Unbelievable that it went in.

Comment

Wolves give up a 16 point lead, Moni hits a potential game winner with 1.7 left for his 40th point of the game and Winona hits a 3/4 shot to win....yuck
        Can’t help but think it’s karma for the one your clockmeister awarded a couple bonus seconds to allow the wolves to pull it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Can’t help but think it’s karma for the one your clockmeister awarded a couple bonus seconds to allow the wolves to pull it out.
          I'm just gad Winona is decent so you guys can come back to the boards again

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
            Northern coaches lack any sort of enthusiasm and it completely filters down to the players. They play with such little emotion and aggression. When the coaches and players are that way then the whole crowd sits on their hands. Northern crowds typically don’t get excited but my Lord they were at a funeral the whole game. When Moni leaves after this year it’s time to tear this thing down and get back to Northern basketball. Such a hard product to watch….
            He could certainly leave, and it would be understandable but if he and Dilling stay, get Hagen in year two, KWB back, Bergan has looked at least serviceable this year, Longstreet doesn't do a ton but plays a roll, I mean, it can be built upon still for sure. This year has just been injuries, lack of depth and I really hope it can correct itself. To step into a job with the talent and success we had before Saul got here and then early in his time here, it would be insanely disappointing to watch it completely slip away.

Comment

He could certainly leave, and it would be understandable but if he and Dilling stay, get Hagen in year two, KWB back, Bergan has looked at least serviceable this year, Longstreet doesn't do a ton but plays a roll, I mean, it can be built upon still for sure. This year has just been injuries, lack of depth and I really hope it can correct itself. To step into a job with the talent and success we had before Saul got here and then early in his time here, it would be insanely disappointing to watch it completely slip away.
              They have a lot of work to do to get depth. I’ll give you Bergan is serviceable but KWB and especially Longstreet are not good. They provide little to no value. I just don’t see this coaching staff developing anything when it needs developed.

It’s such a weird place to be in. When I watch this team they obviously live and die by the 3, have zero offensive plan, show very little emotion, yet I’m guessing most teams don’t want to see them in the postseason.

Comment

They have a lot of work to do to get depth. I’ll give you Bergan is serviceable but KWB and especially Longstreet are not good. They provide little to no value. I just don’t see this coaching staff developing anything when it needs developed.

It’s such a weird place to be in. When I watch this team they obviously live and die by the 3, have zero offensive plan, show very little emotion, yet I’m guessing most teams don’t want to see them in the postseason.
                Well, when you play eight minutes in two seasons I can understand saying no value, but he is good and certainly and added value to what we have going on. Trey is not a terrible player, certainly not a go to guy, but with those two this could look much, much better

Comment

Northern coaches lack any sort of enthusiasm and it completely filters down to the players. They play with such little emotion and aggression. When the coaches and players are that way then the whole crowd sits on their hands. Northern crowds typically don’t get excited but my Lord they were at a funeral the whole game. When Moni leaves after this year it’s time to tear this thing down and get back to Northern basketball. Such a hard product to watch….
                  Watching and listening to the SMSU game in St Cloud and Halenbeck sounded completely empty....

Comment

I'm just gad Winona is decent so you guys can come back to the boards again
                    I've been here the entire time. ;)

It was a good basketball game. The Warriors fought like crazy to claw back. The last shot was crazy. Never a doubt, though. 🤣

Comment

• So last night was my first time this season seeing a game in person...life gets busy man. My first takeaway (especially at halftime) was that there is no way this team should be under .500. Jackson Moni has to be one of, if not the best D2 player in the country, at least offensively. He has the ability to get almost any shot he wants at any given time. Northern shot the lights out early in that game, but most of those shots came from good movement, both the ball and the players. Defensively, they were alright in the first half, mostly staying in front of players and getting a hand up on shots.

HOWEVER...the second half was a different story. This team has ZERO depth. KWB and Longstreet might not be top level talent, but they would certainly be playable. Hagen just hasn't quite figured things out yet. I think he can, it just doesn't look like that is going to happen this year. Busch, well... I don't know if it was fatigue or what, but the NSU defense was horrible in the second half. Easy drives to the bucket, wide open threes, Winona got just about anything it wanted in the second half. And the offense became stagnant. There is always way too much of five guys standing around the arc waiting for their turn to hoist a three.

I have no idea why the review of the final shot took as long as it did. The only thing I can think is Dillon might have been close to stepping out of bounds. The shot was off in plenty of time. I know the Wolves were doing everything they could to not foul, but I still thought it was a little too easy for Dillon to get the ball and get that shot off. It was an amazing shot and kudos to him for hitting it, but I would have liked to see a little more effort defensively from the closest defender on that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I've been here the entire time. ;)

It was a good basketball game. The Warriors fought like crazy to claw back. The last shot was crazy. Never a doubt, though. 🤣
                        News team ASSEMEBLE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          If they ran that end-of-game scenario 100 times, I bet he makes that shot one out of those 100 times. If that. Unbelievable that it went in.
                          I know exactly what you're talking about. 3-14-2009

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

I know exactly what you're talking about. 3-14-2009
                            Any chance you know someone who has video of that? I can't find it anywhere.

It is legitimately the most exciting in-person, live sports moment of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Any chance you know someone who has video of that? I can't find it anywhere.

It is legitimately the most exciting in-person, live sports moment of my life.
                              I did a quick search but came up unsuccessful...I found the full footage from three days later though if you're interested ;)

2009 Central Region final: Augustana at SMSU
                              First half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0B37ePutE8
                              Second half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR4PJNb2IRs

Comment

• Might have been the most un-exciting in-person live sports event in my life. But then the night life in marshall was good that night, all the way to taking over rooms in the local Travelers Lodge at 2:00 in the morning when Northern Colorado checked out. :) Beers with Votava, Hollywood and others was a good time.

Touche Stanger86, touche

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X