Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
    No one said they are desperate to get back to WSU. But when you ask what was going on and how the pool of coaches was so bad I wanted to show the reason behind it being the leader of the department. If Gove and Brown could have applied I am not sure if they would have or not. That is one I cannot answer but as long as the current leadership is in place at the university they would not apply. Given a change you never know. The main point is those 2 were treated like crap and they didn't deserve it. They were a big part of building up that program. Of course you need to have players but they found the players along with developing them. The time they put into the program to get it to where it was and to see how quickly it falls makes it more difficult as well. Do that is not easy to do and to maintain it is difficult as well. I know Gove would like to be a head coach some day and if it is in the right spot for him and his family. I think Brown deserves to be looked at for smaller D1 jobs with what he is doing. Both them actually should be given a opportunity at a smaller D1 at some point in my opinion. They showed they could build a program at WSU and they are doing it again. Quincy is a excellent young coach as well and he too is going to have a long career in the business.
    Not necessarily saying anyone stated it directly, but there is just a constant conversation around "if Gove and Brown ever came back" or "at this point, Brown and Gove aren't going to be back anytime soon" or some similar sentiment, with the implication being that they really want to come back or whatever. I was just trying to better understand why that seems to be the cyclical conversation that WSU's hiring of Eisner and Schoh's handling of the athletic department seems to revolve around.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Judging from the direction of the basketball program under his direction I would say Under Arm might be a better description.

Comment

Is this one of our worst years of staying on topic in threads? Haha, I'm guilty too, of course...just found it funny

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Is this one of our worst years of staying on topic in threads? Haha, I'm guilty too, of course...just found it funny
          I'm just happy we've had so much conversation on the boards the last couple of weeks...

Comment

I'm just happy we've had so much conversation on the boards the last couple of weeks...
            Totally agree with that....and that feels weird

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Totally agree with that....and that feels weird
              Get a room you two...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                Get a room you two...
                I walked into that...but even if we did as told, it'd probably be booked and Id have to meet him at the Pentagon...you don't have to laugh, I will

Comment

Yeah...too bad he was being considered for that award before the Mike Leaf situation happened...I can only imagine what the voters would think if they knew what happened AFTER that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X