Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Preseason Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
    Does someone at St. Cloud State know a dirty secret, like Sporting News committed a murder, that they extorted them into this top 10 ranking?
    Someone must. The same publication had them preseason #8 last year. It seems they're going with the "they return all 5 starters so they'll obviously have to be good next season" mentality. The fact that those 5 starters led them to a 13-16 record last season doesn't seem as important as the fact that they're all coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Someone must. The same publication had them preseason #8 last year. It seems they're going with the "they return all 5 starters so they'll obviously have to be good next season" mentality. The fact that those 5 starters led them to a 13-16 record last season doesn't seem as important as the fact that they're all coming back.
      And experience is very overplayed whereas overall talent, e.g. Minnesota State and Augie, will trump those five returning starters.

Comment

they keep picking our ping pong ball out of the barrel I guess.

"I think the first nine schools are very deserving, but I'm not sure we deserve to be mentioned with them," head coach Matt Reimer explained. "I do think that we will be an improved team, but how much depends on our toughness and commitment to doing little things needed to be successful. I am not surprised that Arkansas-Ft. Smith and West Texas are ranked that highly and they certainly deserve it. Both schools will be a very good gauge of where we are early in the season. As I have been telling our guys, our first five games are going to be as tough as anyone in the country and we will be learning quickly how improved we are."

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I'm more or less aspiring to be a Lou Holtz-type commentator, but with my own signature style.

"All Augustana needs to do is put the ball in the hoop more times than the Blue Devils, and they'll secure the victory."
          You need to get that Yosemite Sam slobbering technique refined!

Comment

Winona posted their 2016-2017 roster and one of their new commitments, Sam Baker, is not on it. Did he renege?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Winona posted their 2016-2017 roster and one of their new commitments, Sam Baker, is not on it. Did he renege?
              If he did, it was really recent

Comment

Sad that we lost all of our discussion on future players....Parker Fox has committed to NSU

Comment

As I stated before...Former Wolf Jake Johnson joined NDSCS and has now committed to the Moorhead Dragons for next year...

Comment

Twinkle Toes Tommy Mauer is reffing the WNBA Finals game on ESPN2 right now. Look out Kenny, he's coming for ya.

Comment

Any SCSU fans attend last night's Fan Fest at Halenbeck? Saw a Ryan James tweet mentioning that about 14 recruits were invited guests and wondered if any of the message board crew happened to be in attendance. Anything noteworthy if anyone did attend?

Comment

Any SCSU fans attend last night's Fan Fest at Halenbeck? Saw a Ryan James tweet mentioning that about 14 recruits were invited guests and wondered if any of the message board crew happened to be in attendance. Anything noteworthy if anyone did attend?
                        Nope, damn kids school concert got in the way. I just hate it when my kids get in the way of me enjoying my Huskies. :)

Comment

about an hour and a half that I can never get back. For the most part a waste of time, mens and womens teams had 5 min scrimmages, mens dunk contest and mens and womens 3pt shooting. Rest of the time it was fans from the stands involved.

As for the recruits, most were local kids, Junior's in high school. One doesnt even start for my high school team so I'm not reading too much into it
                          Last edited by Husky; 10-18-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Marauders Madness starts tonight at 7. It can be watch on stretch internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
                              about an hour and a half that I can never get back. For the most part a waste of time, mens and womens teams had 5 min scrimmages, mens dunk contest and mens and womens 3pt shooting. Rest of the time it was fans from the stands involved.
                              Sounds pretty much identical to the Late Show SMSU used to do. Haven't done it in a few years, and I don't miss it much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post

As for the recruits, most were local kids, Junior's in high school. One doesnt even start for my high school team so I'm not reading too much into it
                                Decent attendance?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X