Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tourney First Round Discussion

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I still remember the 2009 game....the one sandwiched in the middle of a SMSU 3-game stretch against Northern. But that was obviously a much better Northern team.
    That's was when all we had was Ratzsch and your students were chanting USA at our Serbia fellas in Marshall? NSUguy and I made that trip and met Simple pregame as well.

Comment

UMD deserves strong consideration. Didn't even show up for second half. Concordia also beat Duluth by 10.
      They beat Winona too.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        I should have just messaged. I only asked because I only know of the MIAC and know they have a crazy following. I ran in LaCrosse a couple times but wasn't sure how it compared fan wise.
        In the MIAC it's probably St. Thomas and St. John's and then a huge drop. The WIAC may have a more steady fan base throughout.

Comment

That's was when all we had was Ratzsch and your students were chanting USA at our Serbia fellas in Marshall? NSUguy and I made that trip and met Simple pregame as well.
          Haha most likely. Well, the pregame chat with Simple would've been in the regional......our game was right after this: http://www.keloland.com/news/article...st-second-shot

Comment

Haha most likely. Well, the pregame chat with Simple would've been in the regional......our game was right after this: http://www.keloland.com/news/article...st-second-shot
            You are right, it was regional.

I don't even remember this game...but so fun to read this old stuff. I don't follow near as close as I once did so I can barely remember out own guys.

Comment

Can't we just let some things die.

Comment

You are right, it was regional.

I don't even remember this game...but so fun to read this old stuff. I don't follow near as close as I once did so I can barely remember out own guys.
                Look at those meat hooks on Klepatz, is that a volleyball painted orange?

KLEPATZ TO KROGMAN TO FOSTER bbyyyahhhhhh!!!!

Comment

Witthus with only three points- I hope that he can snap out of it. Mavs shot 40% from behind the line. 20th win of the season.

Noon Sunday v Concordia. Don't take the Bears for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    I hate to be that guy, but.....is this the greatest upset in NSIC Tourney history?
                    Didn't a pretty poor WSC team upset a pretty good Augie (or was it Northern State) team in the first round several years back?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      Didn't a pretty poor WSC team upset a pretty good Augie (or was it Northern State) team in the first round several years back?
                      Augie. If I remember correctly, you guys were up big in the 1st half and Billeter sat the starters for basically the whole 2nd half. Maybe even benched the starters to start the 2nd half. On the plus side, the Vikes were well-rested by the time the regional started.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                        Back in 2010 a 13-14 Wayne team with the #6 seed (back in the salad days of the 8 team NSIC Tourney) strolled into the Elmen Center and curb stomped a 22-5 Augie team with the #3 seed. A definitive upset, but nothing compared to 5-24 Concordia beating 24-4 Moorhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Look at those meat hooks on Klepatz, is that a volleyball painted orange?

KLEPATZ TO KROGMAN TO FOSTER bbyyyahhhhhh!!!!
                          I remember this so well. Foster nails that 3 and while everyone else is celebrating. Texas Tom is running down the hallways and yelling at the officials not even sticking around the shake hands. Needless to say Butch was not happy. Goes into the Augie locker room while everyone is celebrating and in front of the team called Texas Tom out. These boards were going nuts.

Comment

I find it interesting that the NSIC South has 6 of the 8 quarterfinalists. Many of you NSIC guys have mentioned the strength of the south compared to the north, but that is a little shocking honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post
                              I find it interesting that the NSIC South has 6 of the 8 quarterfinalists. Many of you NSIC guys have mentioned the strength of the south compared to the north, but that is a little shocking honestly...
                              I am not shocked at all at the number but I didn't think Moorhead would be one of the North teams to lose. When you look at Crookston, Minot, Mary, Duluth, BSU those 5 are not good teams on that sid. I thought Wayne could have knocked off SCSU last night and that was going to be the biggest upset of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                                I am not shocked at all at the number but I didn't think Moorhead would be one of the North teams to lose. When you look at Crookston, Minot, Mary, Duluth, BSU those 5 are not good teams on that sid. I thought Wayne could have knocked off SCSU last night and that was going to be the biggest upset of the first round.
                                I never would have guessed Moorhead, but I thought Crookston, Minot and Mary had a good shot at winning yesterday, and two were three point games. The records are what they are, but those teams have put together good games but are just not there yet to compete full games besides a few upsets. Concordia and Duluth seem to be way behind the rest of the conference in my eye test, which makes the Bears win last night even more complexing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X