Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

Well, they are $20 for the whole day. All four games. Maybe less for Saturday and Monday? Not privy to those conversations, so don't quote me on that one. On the online side, I do know the vendor SNU was using the past few years jacked their rates up considerably, so SNU is between vendors in this athletic year. Unfortunate timing since they're hosting, but as a small school, a vendor raising rates is a big deal.
    This happened at another school last year. Come tournament time the ticketing agency went bankrupt or something. Ridiculous on the fees and surcharges. Definitely a racket.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

We bought Sr tix online for $6.00 per day for the men’s regional. I’d be leery of driving 6 hrs not knowing if there would be any tickets. What’s SNU’s arena seat?
      Website says 5,000. Should be okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

We bought Sr tix online for $6.00 per day for the men’s regional. I’d be leery of driving 6 hrs not knowing if there would be any tickets. What’s SNU’s arena seat?
        Official capacity is 5,000. One side of bleachers won't be open due to broadcast position and other media arrangements. But still over 3,000. Seating won't be an issue.

Comment

• Could the NCAA do anything more to show they don't give a **** about D2?
          Their first bracket had the Central Region playing on the 14th not the 15th with NW playing at 11am MW at 1:30...then they got the date changed, but still had the times wrong. Today, I see those 2 games are at noon and 2:30...seriously? I'm waiting for them to now say...oops we got the site where we're playing wrong...WTF?

Comment

• Any sport they don't make money on they are not going to care. Remember a few years ago the disparity between the men's and women's D1 tournament setups? They were shamed into doing better. Sad it had to come to that to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bballfan View Post
              Any sport they don't make money on they are not going to care. Remember a few years ago the disparity between the men's and women's D1 tournament setups? They were shamed into doing better. Sad it had to come to that to begin with.
              Totally agree...that being said...what is the cost to get the dates and times right on the website bracket the first time? If it was a cost issue...wouldn't it be cheaper to get right the first time? :)

Comment

• Was it the host school that got the times wrong? Some host schools do a better job at hosting than others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bballfan View Post
                  Was it the host school that got the times wrong? Some host schools do a better job at hosting than others?
                  The incorrect info we ended up with was from the NCAA.com site on their initial brackets...first they said the games were the 14th with Western's game at 1:30 central...then they changed it to the 15th at 1:30...then they changed it to 2:30 central...

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I figured they’d be a 6 or 7 seed at the end, which is when it matters. And all due to their early season showing against the other region teams. Batt or no, MSU lost those games. It matters in the numbers.

However, all that matters now, is they are in. Which they have guaranteed after winning the NSIC tournament. They might flame out in the first round, but I suspect they’ll end up being the surprise seed of the entire tournament.
                    #7 team from the Central Region is #1 in the Nation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X