Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I think they’re part of Votava’s crew, so no worries.
    I received horrifying news earlier this week that Votava and Yorko are retiring. It is likely that the quality of officiating will improve because of this but the amount of entertainment will plummet without Doug.

Comment

Maybe that's why Tom is leaving, he couldn't imagine coaching without seeing Doug 7 or 8 times a season.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Looks like a lateral move. Is ESU a step up from Augustana?
        The program is obviously not as good, but he built the Augie program. There are no men's basketball championship banners hanging at Emporia.

The downside? He'll have to compete in a tougher league and against one of the best coaches in the country every season. Maybe he relishes the challenge.

On the plus side, he'll get to experience better weather and have shorter road trips. He'll also be closer to major cities. He'll also get to work with one of the best support staffs in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The program is obviously not as good, but he built the Augie program. There are no men's basketball championship banners hanging at Emporia.

The downside? He'll have to compete in a tougher league and against one of the best coaches in the country every season. Maybe he relishes the challenge.

On the plus side, he'll get to experience better weather and have shorter road trips. He'll also be closer to major cities. He'll also get to work with one of the best support staffs in the country.
          Not so sure he is leaving to a tougher league.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Not so sure he is leaving to a tougher league.
            It's an MIAA board, we're just living in it lol

Comment

Honestly guys I don't really know which league is better in basketball. I was just trolling.

Comment

The carousel keeps spinning

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...W9imlomaw&s=19

Comment

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! HIS REIGN OF TERROR IN THE CENTRAL REGION AND DIVISION 2 IS OVER!!! But in all seriousness, I can't wait to see McCollum at Drake and I think he will have great success.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                    IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! HIS REIGN OF TERROR IN THE CENTRAL REGION AND DIVISION 2 IS OVER!!! But in all seriousness, I can't wait to see McCollum at Drake and I think he will have great success.
                    I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to see him bring a player or two along, and also have quick success.

Comment

Competing against Ben all these years should’ve made other MIAA/Central Region/D2 teams better.

Comment

That's a pretty big shakeup in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          I mean, without Doty’s Life Lessons through X and the weekly conference call, I’m sure McCollum figured “what’s left in the MIAA?”

Or, equally as likely, he feared the new sheriff in Emporia, Kansas.

Comment

Just speaking big picture, what's the next step(s) up the coaching ladder? Obviously at or near the top are likely either of the two big schools in the state, but are they next up on his list or might there be a middle ground somewhere in between?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              Just speaking big picture, what's the next step(s) up the coaching ladder? Obviously at or near the top are likely either of the two big schools in the state, but are they next up on his list or might there be a middle ground somewhere in between?
                              Bill Self is 61 and Fran McCaffrey is 64. Those would be my guesses, since it's clear being in the region is important to him.

Comment

I predict Ben will win a NCAA D1 title somewhere before he retires.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X