Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I read it wrong. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
      It says:"...interim head coach Preston Spradlin, a big-time DII head coach, and a very good NAIA coach will be three of the four to interview", meaning Spradlin as well as a D2 coach and an NAIA coach
      I found out it's the head coach at Fairmont State who is interviewing. No D1 school is apparently interested in Davenport because of his age and he is difficult for administrators to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Express View Post
        Spradlin isn't the DII coach the article is referring to. He is the interim head coach who has never been a DII coach. I do wonder if Davenport is who they are referencing. I wouldn't think he'd be interviewing a couple of days before an NCAA tournament game though. Come to think of it, any "big time" DII coach would most likely be preparing for a game too. I was thinking maybe Crutchfield at West Liberty or Davenport.
        It's the Fairment State coach. Davenport is not in the running. Neither is Crutchfield. Both are too old for a D1 job at this late stage in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by KWCfanther1988 View Post
          I found out it's the head coach at Fairmont State who is interviewing. No D1 school is apparently interested in Davenport because of his age and he is difficult for administrators to work with.
          Now how the heck you know he is too difficult for administrators at his own school to deal with? I have never heard a complaint from within BU about Scotty. Now I do agree his age probably will affect his ability to get a D1 job. At least I selfishly hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
            So Bell has always refused to sell tickets on the phone or the internet??? And they told the NCAA that they would only sell tickets in their lobby?? Are you sure better check.
            And where is it written that the host school has to sell tickets by phone or on the internet? If there is already a high demand for the tickets why should the host school go to any added cost to make them available to people who can't take the time to come get them.

Comment

Originally posted by KWCfanther1988 View Post
              Part of the problem for BU is their gym is ancient and was one of the worst when we were in the GLVC. Is the Louisville Gardens still standing? If so that would have been a better site for this regional as it has more seats. I do not blame BU for wanting the tix for their game against Truman, but there has to be a better way than to have Quincy and KWC fans shut out for the night game and no one there because the BU fans will leave.
              Not sure why KWC fans are angry. The point of hosting is that you have earned the right to play in your home gym in front of your fans, not to play somewhere else in the city so more opposing fans can come. I get the frustration but maybe if KWC didn't play in a cupcake league they would have had a chance.

Comment

that's right it's not like we have laws for the disabled... screw them and the hell with the other 7 teams. Bell should pick the refs while they are at it.

Comment

Who and when?

Quick answer: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                    Who and when?
                    Don't you have a car to jack, or somebody to shoot?

Comment

Tickets doesn't mean a thing. I remember when I was young and Wesleyan hosted the region every year. We controlled the tickets because we controlled the region. We provided the min to each school. It doesn't mean anything on the court. Just win. Quincy. Bellarmine and ISUE, how sweet it is. The GLVC Invitational.
                      Last edited by Wesleyan62; 03-09-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                        Who and when?
                        Truman and Wayne

Comment

Truman and Wayne
                          Wayne State was ranked about 12th when we beat them a couple of years ago I think. Don't forget Quincy was ranked when they played in our tournament 2-3 years ago, it was in one of the D2 Bulletin polls or Sporting News preseason poll QU was about 20th.

Comment

There you are Mafia hit man. Wesleyan has a hard time getting ranked teams playing us. However, KWC is ranked #5 going into the Regional. We have never ever backed down from any team. Happy has really done an outstanding job this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
                              I hope it is not Happy. We need to survive and that takes a long hone court win streak and getting into the regional every year. We are right there. If he leaves the next hire needs to be a good one.
                              You would have to guess that it is Davenport, if it's even true. I don't see how that would be a better job for him, however.

Comment

Happy? I tell you these K Dub fans are a funny bunch of characters. Happy?

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                                You would have to guess that it is Davenport, if it's even true. I don't see how that would be a better job for him, however.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X