Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    I think the KWC v. Quincy should be a very good game. My hunch is KWC will win a close one, but who knows. Here is the straight scoop on Quincy: Probably the best starting 5 in the GLVC. They have a very short bench and no one who can really give them a boost, either offensively or defensively, as a sub. They are not a good defensive team, although they have the physical talent to defend. Bellarmine played their very best offensive game of the year (including going 23/24 from the line) and had to go overtime to beat them. I think their biggest weakness is a tendancy to play down to the competition, but that is not an issue in the NCAA tournament.
    What team was the last to beat Bellarmine at home? Was it this year?

Comment

Homecourt winning streak stands at 41

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
        What team was the last to beat Bellarmine at home? Was it this year?
        Indianapolis 66-62 in the 2014-15 season

Comment

I found the Quincy story about the game with KWC for tomorrow. It seems like the Quincy newspaper does not show KWC the proper respect. I hope the QU coaches and players are as overconfident.
          http://www.whig.com/20170309/hawks-p...-in-louisville

Comment

I thought their stories were fine. Of course they are somewhat biased towards them but that's just because that's their team they cover. No need to be overly sensitive. We get enough disrespect on here there's no reason to start finding phantom disrespect everywhere else too.

Comment

Originally posted by KWCfanther1988 View Post
              I found the Quincy story about the game with KWC for tomorrow. It seems like the Quincy newspaper does not show KWC the proper respect. I hope the QU coaches and players are as overconfident.
              http://www.whig.com/20170309/hawks-p...-in-louisville
              I don't know how you possibly read that article and came to that conclusion. The article specifically points out KWC's success this year and how focused they are going to Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                Indianapolis 66-62 in the 2014-15 season
                Right year, wrong team. It was eventual national champ Florida Southern in December 2014.

Comment

Reading comprehension is a real struggle for some. There wasn't a single disrespecting component of that article.

Originally posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
                  I don't know how you possibly read that article and came to that conclusion. The article specifically points out KWC's success this year and how focused they are going to Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                    Right year, wrong team. It was eventual national champ Florida Southern in December 2014.
                    Ok...your record book doesn't denote home and away games that year so I had to guess! 50-50 chance and I got it wrong, should have know since BU won the other Indy game that they lost on road and won at home!

Comment

We will not get our chance at ISUE as they yack up another big lead and fall to fellow G-MAC school Findlay. Guess we will not hear the GLVC people saying much about the new G-MAC after this one. I called it, see my predictions in this thread from yesterday. 1-0 out of the gate! And ISUE is gonzo one and done again!

Comment

All I'm going to say at this point is that the importance they place on playing that brutal GLVC schedule as being great at preparing them for the NCAA tournament seems a bit overblown.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                          All I'm going to say at this point is that the importance they place on playing that brutal GLVC schedule as being great at preparing them for the NCAA tournament seems a bit overblown.
                          You are right. That brutal GLVC schedule gets ISUE a one and done to a G-MAC school. Imagine if ISUE played in the G-MAC next year. Would be great if KWC and Findlay met in the regional final. But let's concentrate on Quincy first tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            They did not add in the Watson Factor for the NCAA tournament. That offsets that really tough GLVC schedule that prepares them for the NCAA. Has he ever won a NCAA game? Oh well let's laugh and get ready for KWC against Quincy later. The ISUE crazies can now blast their coach for the next 8 months since their season is over early. Again.

Comment

My picks for the opening round:
                              Findlay 68, ISUE 61
                              Ferris 82, Truman 63
                              Bellarmine 91, UWP 65
                              KWC 77, Quincy 67

second day:
                              KWC 76, Bellarmine 70
                              Ferris 80, Findlay 65

championship:
                              KWC 85, Ferris 81

8 was great, 9 will be fine!
                              Look at that in bold from yesterday! Called it, almost even had the exact score.

Comment

Look at that in bold from yesterday! Called it, almost even had the exact score.
                                Bezold wouldn't have even blown this game

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X