Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Kaaaaaaaaay Dub 🙊

Comment

Originally posted by Not gutless View Post
      Wow.... What a gutless prick you are.... Posting on an anonymous forum... Great job administrators to allow this type of hatred on your forum.... Josh was great today. He will be fine.... Already has a deal where his skills will be used.... Want to see an a****le look at your Coach... Abuser is putting it mildly.... You should chat to some of his ex assistants.... Put your name up sub human... You must be female... You shore as he'll can't call yourself a man.... Let me know of who you are... I will be more than happy to give you my number scum....
      I was forced to move my season tickets from behind the Bellarmine bench due Derksen actions and terrible language throughout every game during his time at Bellarmine. You hear him cursing at teammates, coaches, officials just about anyone. Now I sit behind a pole (which we all know stinks). So yeah, I am in no way a Derksen supporter. And to your Davenport comment, he yells but rarely ever curses and if you think he's a abuser you need to look up the definition or take a look at the news just one day to see what real abusers look like.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
        Reasons KWC lost by someone in the stands (and who talked to people who listened to NCAA feed):

1) Horrible shooting for 3/4 of game. Missing 3 point shots is one thing but the number of shots missed in the paint was amazing. Similar to Parkside in the 2nd half of Bellarmine game.

2) Play of Charles Foster. You can't have your point guard play like he did. Very selfish...wouldn't pass to open man. Completely disrespected team and coach by constantly waving off bench, leaving huddles, and walking away from Happy when taken out of game. He did play good aggressive defense but even then made a critical error...about 1 minute to go, 6 point game, shot clock running down, his man drops the ball losing his dribble but Foster stays 3 feet away giving him easier shot at a 3 than he should have in that situation.

3) Coaching. As has been mentioned earlier Happy's defense of overplaying passing lanes and double teaming ball screens works against undisciplined teams or teams with little talent (most of GMAC) but that doesn't work in NCAA tournament play. Quincy shot 38% from 3-point range for season...44% tonight (66% in 2nd half). Too many open 3s.

4) Free throw shooting. Came into game hitting 74%, make only 57%....yes Quincy shot poorly tonight also 60% but Quincy was also worse during year (70%).

5) Absence of Sam Williams. You can't have a guy averaging 10 points/game in street clothes and it not have impact. He also is another "shooter" when we desperately needed one in first half. There were games this year that he single-handedly gave KWC lead. USI fans should remember that you had 14 point lead on KWC with 7 to go and Sam makes 3 3-pointers in 5 minutes to pull with 5...making it a game. At Malone, KWC down 7 with 1:43 to play, Sam scored 7 of KWCs last 11 points, including a put back off missed free throw to give us the lead.

6) Officiating. Throwing out my in game complaint on consistency, which the team should adjust to...Just a few of the obvious missed calls - under basket on break Sanford clearly knocks ball off Quincy player foot (trajectory alone made it obvious) but ball given to Quincy. Call I didn't see but NCAA announcers said Quincy behind the back pass that went out was not touched by any KWC player but given to Quincy...and last but not least Ken-Ja being fouled on last 3 pointer. NCAA announcers said he was fouled and BELLARMINE fans in stands said he was fouled by both Quincy players.

In the end most rational people knew it was going to be a close game. Every one of the above points by itself account for the difference between victory and defeat tonight.

I agree that this ending is a huge disappointment. I was fine with losing to Parkside last year because KWC played well, it was on Parkside's home court and KWC had zero NCAA experience. This year should have been different...we had players with NCAA experience, were improved at every position over last year (except for, tellingly, point guard), and playing on neutral court. Instead came out flat, etc.

Happy is a good coach, just like Todd Lee is a good coach. But Happy is no Ray Harper or Wayne Chapman. KWC is probably the only team in the Nation to play in a NCAA championship game in every decade since Div II was organized and win one in 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s but I don't see how they will make a championship game, much less win one, this decade.

Good news is we have good core back with Big Mike, Sam, Hatton, Harris and Elkins. Should make NCAA again.

By the way, in no way I am saying anything bad about Quincy or that they did not deserve to win. They had a great game plan for shutting Ken-Ja down, made open 3s when available, etc. I just feel that KWC let this slip away.
        I agree with almost everything you said, just not a big fan of # 6. Anyway on the recruiting website it shows our transfer PG as a Junior this year?? I wonder if he only has one year? Apparently he had some issues with his coach, another Charles Foster? One question for you, do you think he would be walking off from Chapman?? Lol, but it does a lowering of expectations from coaching staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles04 View Post
          Kaaaaaaaaay Dub 🙊

Let's eat. Mutton it is 🐐

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
            I agree with almost everything you said, just not a big fan of # 6. Anyway on the recruiting website it shows our transfer PG as a Junior this year?? I wonder if he only has one year? Apparently he had some issues with his coach, another Charles Foster? One question for you, do you think he would be walking off from Chapman?? Lol, but it does a lowering of expectations from coaching staff
            I understand you not liking #6 but in a close NCAA game you can't ignore when even the announcers mention stuff, especially the last play.

I seem to recall a player doing something in a game and Chapman throwing a ball into his gut. I know players are different now but Chapman, Polio, or Harper would have dealt with Foster earlier in the season, Much like Happy dealt with Josh.

Not sure that KWC wouldn't have been better off with Lindsey playing more minutes. Lindsey doesn't score but looks to pass first; Foster couldn't hit a shot and wouldn't pass. At times this year there was a definite drop in PG play when Lindsey came in, last night, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BuKnightsNation View Post
              I was forced to move my season tickets from behind the Bellarmine bench due Derksen actions and terrible language throughout every game during his time at Bellarmine. You hear him cursing at teammates, coaches, officials just about anyone. Now I sit behind a pole (which we all know stinks). So yeah, I am in no way a Derksen supporter. And to your Davenport comment, he yells but rarely ever curses and if you think he's a abuser you need to look up the definition or take a look at the news just one day to see what real abusers look like.
              Not that it matters but I guess Josh has matured some as I have haven't seen those actions much this year. A few games early in the year he did act a little like Foster did last night, not standing in huddles, walking anyway from Happy, etc but he did change by Christmas and became a more positive player. Maybe that why Happy praised him...he saw the change in his attitude and outlook. Doesn't change your experience with him, but I hope you can appreciate that he may not act the same way now.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                Not that it matters but I guess Josh has matured some as I have haven't seen those actions much this year. A few games early in the year he did act a little like Foster did last night, not standing in huddles, walking anyway from Happy, etc but he did change by Christmas and became a more positive player. Maybe that why Happy praised him...he saw the change in his attitude and outlook. Doesn't change your experience with him, but I hope you can appreciate that he may not act the same way now.
                That is good to hear. I know they tried every method at Bellarmine to try to get through to him and it never seemed to have any lasting change. Glad to hear Happy and his staff were able to do something

Comment

Rotting on the bench during your Senior season has a humbling effect.

Originally posted by BuKnightsNation View Post
                  That is good to hear. I know they tried every method at Bellarmine to try to get through to him and it never seemed to have any lasting change. Glad to hear Happy and his staff were able to do something

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                    Read your 2/18 post praising Happy. Ha
                    I have praised Osborne this season. I have tried to be positive. Sam Williams never struck me as being a problem. If Osborne is going to suspend him for the biggest game of this season, we should know why. Suspending a player for one game is totally up to the discretion of the coach, for the most part. Sam has shown some of the best sportsmanship on this team. We don't know what goes on in practice, but all of these players were effected by Osborne's decision unless his hand was forced by the AD or President. What was the rule Sam broke. The team was probably disgusted before this game due to Osborne's decision.

My support for Bart Darrell, and his key administrators still stands. My support of Happy would continue if the suspension of Williams was forced by the AD. The key administrators for KWC are the ones who raise money for the college.

We live in the digital era where there is true freedom of speech. All I wanted was for KWC to win one game in the NCAA tournament. That statement was made to an old friend of mine who posts on this board.

Sure, I have said stupid things. Who hasn't? However, my identity has never been withheld from the Wesleyan administration. They know exactly who I am. If Williams is going to be held accountable, so should the staff. My opinion is the entire team, for the most part, was disgusted with this decision. He broke team rules. He didn't break NCAA rules and if he did that should be reported to the NCAA.

Comment

Kelly Coleman has continually been praised and honored at KWC, and he broke team rules and the law on a continuous basis. One day he got drunk, stole a car and shot up the baseball field with a hand gun?

Comment

The one bright spot in this season was Ken-Jah breaking his scoring record. What did Coleman do with the money West Virginia gave him after Rupp reported it to the NCAA? Coleman is in the KWC Hall of Fame. What kind of message does that send?

Comment

Predictable and typical over the top responses from all sides. It was an ugly game. We lost by 3. Season is over and we'll be back next year.

Comment

Before everyone goes feeling sorry for Coleman, it should also be noted that a man who coached Coleman told me that Kelly spent more time playing poker at the fire department than he did going to class. We live in a different era today. This opening round loss can be blamed on a lot of people. It is not my desire to run down Coleman. He eventually paid for his mistakes. He could have been a pioneer in the NBA with the Knicks, but they could not tolerate his ego and behavior at that time. He claimed he needed more money to stay in the NBA? Sam Williams never did anything that has not already been done by other KWC players. It's hypocritical of the athletic department to have suspended him. One player from Happy's first season did not come back, and rightfully so. My contention is the staff has lost the respect of some of their players. Not everything in life is Black or White.
                            Last edited by alumnifan; 03-12-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

If you know what Sam Williams did to be suspended for this game, by all means, share with the group. Otherwise, your ridiculous rants mean nothing. I can't believe you're seriously going to make the argument that a player in the 1950s wasn't a model citizen off the basketball court so that excuses a player 65 years later who breaks the rules. And in the same paragraph talking about players losing respect for the staff? How much respect is a player going to learn if he's not punished for an infraction because the upcoming game is a "big game"?? Jesus Christ in a scissors lift!

Comment

My responses maybe over the top. Still, there is no reason for me to kiss anybody's behind. Osborne thought he could win this game without Williams. Sam is a very unselfish player. Eventually the truth will get out. Joel called the game a nightmare. Joel gets a ton of respect from me. I deserve to be criticized for a lot of things I have said and done. Still, my devotion and loyalty to my Alma Mater will continue due it's mission and affiliation. Still, the Good Ole Boys mentality has to go. Wesleyan does not fly the Confederate flag.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X