Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

As to KWC next season, I think Happy knows he needs better guard play. You look at what Bosley did in his four years. Junior college players do as well if not better than D1 transfers. Obviously, Happy has been given a contract extension. However, if you looked at the Way Ray coaches from the sidelines, you can see a huge difference in how he coaches as opposed to Happy. Ray stays in the coaching box.

Comment

Biggest difference is Ray is very good....and Happy is not.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      As to KWC next season, I think Happy knows he needs better guard play. You look at what Bosley did in his four years. Junior college players do as well if not better than D1 transfers. Obviously, Happy has been given a contract extension. However, if you looked at the Way Ray coaches from the sidelines, you can see a huge difference in how he coaches as opposed to Happy. Ray stays in the coaching box.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
        Biggest difference is Ray is very good....and Happy is not.
        My god that I have lived to see bkingbroker claim that Ray is good.

Comment

Nobody could honestly say that Ray Harper is not a good basketball coach. Nobody could honestly say that Ray Harper is not ethically challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
            Nobody could honestly say that Ray Harper is not a good basketball coach. Nobody could honestly say that Ray Harper is not ethically challenged.
            I think you can

Comment

I'm still fuming over Sam Williams being suspended for the Quincy game. The fact that KWC lost that game is bad enough. He broke team rules? Kentucky Wesleyan needs to win an NCAA tournament game next season, but I have a feeling next season's team will not be as good as the one this season. The program is fully funded now. It was NOT fully funded under that stretch of seasons after NKU tried to shut down Kentucky Wesleyan College. The college should never play in a conference with state schools again. The college is better off with a high travel budget.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 03-19-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I'm still curious as to whether you are seriously making the argument that a player should not be punished for a rules violation if there's a big game coming up.

Comment

I actually do believe that the importance of a game should have an impact on the particular type of punishment given a player.

Some violations are so severe that maybe suspension is the only option......but who it really punishes is the teammates. So, I am amenable to the argument that alternative remedies should be looked at, especially at tournament time.

Comment

That may be reasonable but the fact is nobody knows what he actually did, so speculation and second guessing the coaching staff isn't exactly useful.

Comment

So, fans or members of the alumni should never second guess a basketball coach. What about radio play by play announcers or television commentators? They do it often, but there is no room for discussion on this board? People second guess coaches all the time.

You are right in that we will never know what Williams did. If what he did was strong enough to be suspended from the NCAA tournament, then he should be kicked off the team. My suspicion is that he will not be back at KWC next season anyway, because he wants to leave. I hope I'm wrong.

What does breaking team rules mean? Because that was the explanation as to why he did not play. Obviously, his actions were not criminal.

I don't have to suck up to any basketball coach. If Calipari suspended Bam or Monk in the first game of the NCAA tournament and UK lost, fans would go nuts. Also, who said you have to punish a player for breaking team rules by sitting him out for the NCAA opener? In high school we ran extra laps or had to spend extra time doing some kind of work. I don't buy it. We'll see how Wesleyan does next season.

Comment

So, fans or members of the alumni should never second guess a basketball coach. What about radio play by play announcers or television commentators? They do it often, but there is no room for discussion on this board? People second guess coaches all the time.

You are right in that we will never know what Williams did. If what he did was strong enough to be suspended from the NCAA tournament, then he should be kicked off the team. My suspicion is that he will not be back at KWC next season anyway, because he wants to leave. I hope I'm wrong.

What does breaking team rules mean? Because that was the explanation as to why he did not play. Obviously, his actions were not criminal.

I don't have to suck up to any basketball coach. If Calipari suspended Bam or Monk in the first game of the NCAA tournament and UK lost, fans would go nuts. Also, who said you have to punish a player for breaking team rules by sitting him out for the NCAA opener? In high school we ran extra laps or had to spend extra time doing some kind of work. I don't buy it. We'll see how Wesleyan does next season.
                        I have a good sorce that says he did something stupid. That is enough for me. It didn't cost us much because Bellarmine was home and much the best with a roster of high school talent.

Comment

He did something stupid. OK, well, I don't know what he did. Did it involve the Cadillac?

Comment

Jim crutchfoot leaves west library for nova se

Comment

Seems like a strange move, but I guess he's ready for some fun in the sun. And I'd say their budget is probably quite a bit higher than the library's

Comment

Seems like someone would have heard what he did by now. Guess the fans aren't close enough to the program.

He did something stupid. OK, well, I don't know what he did. Did it involve the Cadillac?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X