Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best USI basketball coaches of all-time

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Still waiting for you to respond about Caldwell and Roundtree, Sandal-Troll.
    They and those coaches are no longer here.
    The subject is yo daddy HoTWoD.
    Felon batt on cop Evans and Hare. You made restrictions claim but was easily debunked. Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
      If you were really part of USI your need to say Dr H Ray Hoops instead of Dr Hoops says it all. fraud.
      lol. Dr. Hoops sounds like a bad B-movie you watch in the basement in your sandals! I've too much respect for H. Ray Hoops to ever just call him "Dr. Hoops." Of course, you never spoke with him.

Comment

They and those coaches are no longer here.
        The subject is yo daddy HoTWoD.
        Felon batt on cop Evans and Hare. You made restrictions claim but was easily debunked. Fraud.
        You are the fraud, acting like a USI fan and bashing poor Watson relentlessly. Just another Herdes-ite or Herdes himself. Say hello to Ms. Starch Madness for me. Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
          You are the fraud, acting like a USI fan and bashing poor Watson relentlessly. Just another Herdes-ite or Herdes himself. Say hello to Ms. Starch Madness for me. Good night.
          And still can't address the current so you throw Herdes in which hasn't been employed at USI for almost a decade.
          Nice try at diversion. Your daddy's excuses are drying up like his state of Illinois bankrupt pension

Comment

Birds chirping......

Comment

Birds chirping......
              I'm taking my laundry over to Ms. Starch Madness, will Rick be there? lol

Comment

I doubt they take SIU credit union cards.

Comment

EeZ quetsion ever heer. Ya boy JBG got dis 1. OL' ROD WASTON a k a RODERIK L WASTON IV es***** LOL HAHAHAHAHA USI FO LIFE!!!!!

USI USI USI USI

Comment

jerry altstadt

Comment

Eagle Pride...DJ was a former hanger on when Darin Smoth was doing TV and radio...he was his runner boy. Stan is his name and he was a miserable human then and is worse now.

I like your posts but HRay Hoops are off as he was the worse thing to happen to USI ever...Rice retired...Bennett retired and Bertram died...and the vision of the athletic program was shot....Rice, Bennett and Bertram had a vision to go big and Pearl knew that along with Colaveccia and Dugan along ...Hoops came in and shot it down and bought in dumba$$ Newton and Hall and the rest is history.Newton was the king of slime..HRAY was a ego driven ahole and a complete dictator...emphasis on Dick....

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                        Eagle Pride...DJ was a former hanger on when Darin Smoth was doing TV and radio...he was his runner boy. Stan is his name and he was a miserable human then and is worse now.

I like your posts but HRay Hoops are off as he was the worse thing to happen to USI ever...Rice retired...Bennett retired and Bertram died...and the vision of the athletic program was shot....Rice, Bennett and Bertram had a vision to go big and Pearl knew that along with Colaveccia and Dugan along ...Hoops came in and shot it down and bought in dumba$$ Newton and Hall and the rest is history.Newton was the king of slime..HRAY was a ego driven ahole and a complete dictator...emphasis on Dick....
                        Thank you for the clarification on DJ. I remember good ol' Darrin Smith, TV 52! What a mess he was for Evansville TV and radio! One of the USI staffers told me they thought DJ was Smith's former sidekick Stan Gerard (spelling?) but not the USI basketball star Stan Gouard. One of the USI people said Stan and Darrin tried to cut down the nets in 1995 after USI won the national title in Louisville. I did not recall that, but I do know many people were ashamed of Darrin Smith's antics on TV and on the radio. No surprise his ol' sidekick is bitter about USI.

I disagree about Dr. H. Ray Hoops. He loved college basketball and would have given Pearl a lifetime contract had Bruce asked. You are off a bit by saying vision to go big. There was never any serious discussion about Division I if that is what you mean by going big. In fact, USI deemphasized the men's soccer program from Division I back to Division II during that era if you remember. The USI soccer team competed in D-1 for several years while everything else was D-2, but USI made the decision to commit longterm to the GLVC and the rest if history.

The Newton hire, I thought, was good at the time because of his extensive background as a coach at Murray State and the success he enjoyed as a coach there and South Carolina. He also was an assistant to Ron Greene at New Orleans when the Privateers won the Division II national title back in the 1970s. Newton seemed like a great fit for USI. No coincidence Newton and Pearl both left USI in 2001. Jon Mark Hall is a very good person. How he is viewed as athletic director will be determined in the next few years if USI can turn around its basketball fortunes. If Watson is unable to produce a great season in 20016-17, I believe it will be time for a change. Will Jon Mark Hall really pull the trigger if Watson fails this season? We will have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post

And, yes, I agree with you about DJ Silkies aka Stan Gerard bring a miserable human being. His rants on this board are remedial and worthy of a kindergarten education. We should expect nothing less of someone who hung around Darrin Smith! lol

Comment

WAZ-TV 52 and Darrin Smith! What a treat it was to watch his infamous Saturday Morning Sports Talk on TV 52! I remember his buddies like Doug Emig and Warren Distler on the station doing HS games and chipping in on the Saturday Morning show. I miss WAZ-TV 52 and those shows! They were Evansville entertainment at its best. R.I.P., TV 52, and long live the baritone voice of "Darrin Smith...TV 52!" lol

Comment

Another person also said it was one of the former USI radio guys who posted on this forum as DJ Silkies and EagleScreech or something like that. They said Stan Gerard (spelling?) was fired from his gig with Darrin Smith over the net-cutting shenanigans during the 1995 Elite Eight when USI won the national title. He was also buddies with Herdes. Makes perfect sense why he gets so defensive when we point out all the sins of Herdes and how he set the USI program back a decade with his bungled up attempts at skirting NCAA rules.

Comment

EP... On Hoops...we will agree to disagree. Pearl was not a Hoops fan...far from it. Newton has some skeletons from last heaf coaching gig...and it showed..Hall is an just employee not a person that should be running an AD dept.

So you are saying USI admin are trying to guess who posters on this board are...that is kind of juvenile if so.

There was a lot more to soccer program not staying D1....GLVC was a major culprit.

Watson...it's time to quit saying let's see how it plays out...it has...Stein is Halls buddy and his son playing has locked it in till at least he graduates.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X