Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the GLIAC still around?

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    You were probably thinking Wayne St (MI)...
    The KWC people sometimes have trouble reading, much less typing. I'm sure kwcpantherfan appreciates your patience with his limitations of reading and understanding. lol

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
      We forgive you, since KWC has about, what, 400 students? And 100 of those are football players and student assistant coaches? lol
      About 800, give or take. "lol" *eyerolls*

Comment

The KWC people sometimes have trouble reading, much less typing. I'm sure kwcpantherfan appreciates your patience with his limitations of reading and understanding. lol
        I'm impressed with how well you type with your lips pressed to Watson's browneye. Takes skill.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
          About 800, give or take. "lol" *eyerolls*
          Very proud of that 800 enrollment number. Wes Poling would grab his tuba and begin playing at the mere mention of anything over 500 for the folks on CBS, if he were still at KWC. Now let's break it down: 800 - 100 football players and student assistants = 700 - 30 men/women basketball players = 670 - 50 soccer players = 620 - 40 baseball players = 580 - 17 softball players = 563 - 15 volleyball players = 548 - 15 tennis players = 533 - 15 golfers = 518. Ah, a general enrollment of near 518. Congratulations on the uptick in Owensboro. Now, if they can just get the Sportscenter a hocky team. lol

Comment

Very proud of that 800 enrollment number. Wes Poling would grab his tuba and begin playing at the mere mention of anything over 500 for the folks on CBS, if he were still at KWC. Now let's break it down: 800 - 100 football players and student assistants = 700 - 30 men/women basketball players = 670 - 50 soccer players = 620 - 40 baseball players = 580 - 17 softball players = 563 - 15 volleyball players = 548 - 15 tennis players = 533 - 15 golfers = 518. Ah, a general enrollment of near 518. Congratulations on the uptick in Owensboro. Now, if they can just get the Sportscenter a hocky team. lol
            Oh, I see, student athletes aren't enrolled. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Oh, I see, student athletes aren't enrolled. Makes perfect sense.
              I said general enrollment, non-sports participants. A tad over 500 students. And was it Chris Thomas years ago in basketball who was not enrolled but at a barber school getting credits to play? Or was it Ronald Evans or Marlon Jones or Alex Kreps? I have forgotten.

Comment

I said general enrollment, non-sports participants. A tad over 500 students. And was it Chris Thomas years ago in basketball who was not enrolled but at a barber school getting credits to play? Or was it Ronald Evans or Marlon Jones or Alex Kreps? I have forgotten.
                Chris Thomas...he wanted to come to USI, but Bennett and Bertam laughed at Pearl due to the haircut credits

Comment

You keep going back to those brief few years when USI actually had a really good program (though of course the records show KWC's was better). And as for Hoosier's comment about Chris Thomas wanting to go to USI, I've now heard various USI "fans" claim that: Antonio Garcia, Jeff Fahnbuelleh, Chris Thomas, Albert Richardson, Leroy John, Marlon Parmer, Cardell McFarland, Kreig Oxley, and Willie Richardson all "wanted" to go to USI but the coaches just wouldn't take them because of this reason or that reason. And that's just from KWC ... and off the top of my head. Hell you were trying to claim the same thing about Jeremy Kendle just the other day!

Meanwhile your coaches have been taking such gems as the Kitten Killer (don't even know, nor care what his name is), Nick Evans, Jamar Smith (great player? yes. ankle bracelet? yes.), George Edwards, all those guys that apparently needed the coaching staff to do their homework for them under Herdes, and many, many others with "issues"

I have no doubt in my mind that many of those players that supposedly wanted to be walking the glorious halls of USI with every fiber of their being probably did make recruiting visits. I also have no doubt in my mind that if they had wanted to play for USI most, if not all, would have. Your constant talk of turning away players just for them to settle for KWC or Bellarmine or wherever else smacks of nothing but jealousy. "lol" <--see, the lol makes it a tongue in cheek comment that you shouldn't take personally

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                    Chris Thomas...he wanted to come to USI, but Bennett and Bertam laughed at Pearl due to the haircut credits
                    More skill and opportunities than with what some are getting credits in now. "Individual studies" anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                      You are right on! Bruce tried, but the barbershop hours (one class was called Stylistics & Cosmopolitan Society - 300 SCS) was not allowed in USI. KWC accepted the credit (with Wes Poling's blessing, of course) and the rest is history! Thomas never made it as a barber! lol!

Comment

You keep going back to those brief few years when USI actually had a really good program (though of course the records show KWC's was better). And as for Hoosier's comment about Chris Thomas wanting to go to USI, I've now heard various USI "fans" claim that: Antonio Garcia, Jeff Fahnbuelleh, Chris Thomas, Albert Richardson, Leroy John, Marlon Parmer, Cardell McFarland, Kreig Oxley, and Willie Richardson all "wanted" to go to USI but the coaches just wouldn't take them because of this reason or that reason. And that's just from KWC ... and off the top of my head. Hell you were trying to claim the same thing about Jeremy Kendle just the other day!

Meanwhile your coaches have been taking such gems as the Kitten Killer (don't even know, nor care what his name is), Nick Evans, Jamar Smith (great player? yes. ankle bracelet? yes.), George Edwards, all those guys that apparently needed the coaching staff to do their homework for them under Herdes, and many, many others with "issues"

I have no doubt in my mind that many of those players that supposedly wanted to be walking the glorious halls of USI with every fiber of their being probably did make recruiting visits. I also have no doubt in my mind that if they had wanted to play for USI most, if not all, would have. Your constant talk of turning away players just for them to settle for KWC or Bellarmine or wherever else smacks of nothing but jealousy. "lol" <--see, the lol makes it a tongue in cheek comment that you shouldn't take personally
                        We did not take the Kitty Killer as you call him. Bennett and Hall gave the thumbs-down, and Coach Watson had to back off.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                          More skill and opportunities than with what some are getting credits in now. "Individual studies" anyone?
                          Here is the class from barber school Thomas tried to get into USI: Stylistics & Cosmopolitan Society - 300 SCS. It was given the thumbs-down. Next, Herdes-ite.

Comment

We did not take the Kitty Killer as you call him. Bennett and Hall gave the thumbs-down, and Coach Watson had to back off.
                            Even if that IS true, Watson was still all-in on him, hence my statement that "...your coaches have been taking..." is completely accurate. Hell, Roddy was so proud he even had a press release about signing him! And getting him to announce signings is like pulling teeth!

Comment

Most of these players were recruited by USI, not all. I assume you know about Fahnbuelleh and why he did not come to USI? Leroy John? Was not on the USI radar, at least I never heard it, and hear ALL the recruiting scoops with USI. Parmer was a New Mexico reject, left school there for interesting reasons that many of you KWC fans are aware of but have conveniently hushed over the years. I'll not even go there with him or Huggy Dye. I never said "settle for KWC or Bellarmine" ever. I respect the KWC tradition of winning and have even said they are a dynasty, bar none. What I also said is the NCAA rules are a joke and even more so for D-2 programs. My point is if you are going to bend/break rules, just don't get caught. No one ever caught Pearl. They caught Herdes, Harper, Dambrot, etc. I think the term student-athlete is such a joke. Just call them players, like we all know they are, and they are at all our schools to play. If they get a degree, that is great. I think Chris Thomas and his associate degree from Madonna's School of Hairstyle and Makeup is great.

Comment

Even if that IS true, Watson was still all-in on him, hence my statement that "...your coaches have been taking..." is completely accurate. Hell, Roddy was so proud he even had a press release about signing him! And getting him to announce signings is like pulling teeth!
                                We agree on this! Yes, and our administration told Watson no way is that idiot ever stepping foot on the USI campus as an athlete. I agree with you about our lack of releasing recruits to the press...you have to be inside like I am or you would never know we sign anyone! That's the fault of their PR people and marketing people.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X