Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the GLIAC still around?

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    I'm not sure call him and ask him, I'm sure he remembers exactly what he meant FIFTEEN years ago. Keep deflecting from your current sad state of affairs by dreaming about KWC's issues that are long since past us.
    I have never deflected USI's win-loss problem. If you read my posts, I say if Watson fails to win 20 games and advance to the NCAAs, he will be terminated. Our sad state of affairs as you call them include two national titles in baseball the past six years. What has KWC done in sports like baseball? I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
      I'll ask again...But what did that have to do with them accepting credits from a barber school with Chris Thomas? Please, answer.

What does WHAT have to do with it??? Tell you what, you write what answer YOU want me to give, then I'll say yea or nay, since your point obviously makes sense only in your moldy USI 'educated' mind.

Comment

I have never deflected USI's win-loss problem. If you read my posts, I say if Watson fails to win 20 games and advance to the NCAAs, he will be terminated. Our sad state of affairs as you call them include two national titles in baseball the past six years. What has KWC done in sports like baseball? I thought so.
        This is a basketball board. I'm talking about basketball. You're talking about God only knows what. But let me spell it out for you very, very plainly - I'M TALKING ABOUT BASKETBALL.

Your baseball program is elite. Congrats. The % of people who give a rip about that is significantly less than the people who care whether your basketball team does well or not.

Comment

Quote from March 11, 2017, Courier & Press "Coach Rodney Watson had to say, 'Well, we're disappointed our 14-13 record wasn't good enough to get us into the regional tournament, but hey I heard our baseball team is doing pretty good this year!"

Comment

What does WHAT have to do with it??? Tell you what, you write what answer YOU want me to give, then I'll say yea or nay, since your point obviously makes sense only in your moldy USI 'educated' mind.
            You said KWC had a part-time compliance person. Are you saying because they were part-time they did not notice Thomas attended a barber school and granted him entrance to KWC because they did not know?

Comment

Quote from March 11, 2017, Courier & Press "Coach Rodney Watson had to say, 'Well, we're disappointed our 14-13 record wasn't good enough to get us into the regional tournament, but hey I heard our baseball team is doing pretty good this year!"
              Our baseball team has won two national titles recently. Everyone is happy with the job Arch is doing. But I see your point that Watson picked a bad time to bring it up. lol

Comment

This is a basketball board. I'm talking about basketball. You're talking about God only knows what. But let me spell it out for you very, very plainly - I'M TALKING ABOUT BASKETBALL.

Your baseball program is elite. Congrats. The % of people who give a rip about that is significantly less than the people who care whether your basketball team does well or not.
                Thank you.

Comment

Panthers just blame lack of national success on faux "restrictions" for a decade.

Comment

You said KWC had a part-time compliance person. Are you saying because they were part-time they did not notice Thomas attended a barber school and granted him entrance to KWC because they did not know?
                    You assume I know specifically what happened with every player that wasn't vetted properly? I said we had a part-time compliance person which was the reason we had a lack of institutional control. I don't know the specifics of every single situation, nor would I claim to. For all I know Tommy Wade gave someone a rimjob to look the other way in the Thomas case! I have no clue! Since it's so important to you why don't you find out what happened and let us know...you know because it's relevant in 2016 somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                      Panthers just blame lack of national success on faux "restrictions" for a decade.
                      Or maybe a group of Herdes-ites named Stan/Worthington/Sarah/Rick. Bitterness never solves anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                        I don't know about restrictions, but we definitely suffered for our sins in the first 3-4 years of the Lee regime.

Comment

I don't know about restrictions, but we definitely suffered for our sins in the first 3-4 years of the Lee regime.
                          Happy needs a surrogate to come on under "PurplePride" claim prez had talk with him put him on "restrictions".

Comment

You assume I know specifically what happened with every player that wasn't vetted properly? I said we had a part-time compliance person which was the reason we had a lack of institutional control. I don't know the specifics of every single situation, nor would I claim to. For all I know Tommy Wade gave someone a rimjob to look the other way in the Thomas case! I have no clue! Since it's so important to you why don't you find out what happened and let us know...you know because it's relevant in 2016 somehow.
                            Now, wait a second: KWC fans are constantly reminding us of their greatness, based on those 8 national championships. When was the last national title you won? I guess they are no longer relevant, at least in your strange way of thinking? Those 8 national titles, then, are no longer relevant, correct? Just like Chris Thomas and his barber school credits?

Comment

Now, wait a second: KWC fans are constantly reminding us of their greatness, based on those 8 national championships. When was the last national title you won? I guess they are no longer relevant, at least in your strange way of thinking? Those 8 national titles, then, are no longer relevant, correct? Just like Chris Thomas and his barber school credits?
                              "Restrictions"

Comment

Not even kind of the same thing. The period you are obsessed with is just a fraction of the total history of our program. The 8 titles and all of the success we have had as a program are what make us a "dynasty". The Chris Thomas "barber school" incident that you are so in love with is one small scratch on the surface of the entire body of work that is the KWC basketball program. It's done and over and we paid the price. Our program, including the titles, lives on, and is back on the upswing. So I will back track a little on my earlier comments about the relevance of the things you are tossing about - they are relevant in the context that they are part of the history of our program - an unpleasant part, but a part nonetheless. They are NOT relevant in the context of the current academic and athletic culture of the program. So when I say it's not relevant, what I mean is that it is behind us and has no bearing on anything going on with the program today. There's absolutely no reason for you to be obsessing over it. It happened. KWC was punished, and KWC ultimately improved it's athletic department administratively as a result.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X