Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drury Panthers

What's really bizarre about Drury is not how many games they are out of being ranked toward the top of the region, but how many game points they are missing it by.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      What's really bizarre about Drury is not how many games they are out of being ranked toward the top of the region, but how many game points they are missing it by.
      Drury is currently 5-5 against ranked teams, but is 4-2 against ranked teams in this region, including a win over the likely new #1. They were 1 point away from being 5-1 against ranked teams in this region (1 pt loss to Indy), and 5 points (in regulation) from being 9-1 against ranked teams from every region. We lost to 4 ranked teams by a combined 5 points in regulation. At Bellarmine is the only ranked game we've lost by more than 1 possession.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
        They really could throw a wrench in things here at the end. But I also think a lot of these teams could this year. Even Rockhurst could be a threat this year come tourney time. They only lost by 3 at Lewis...that's closer than BU or USI got.
        Although by that rationale, WJ is a threat as they beat Lewis! Which is a bit of a draw back for Lewis. Their losses were to three unranked teams(well Drury may get there but Northern may drop out) which is quite odd for #1 seed.

Comment

• Because of the absence of a summer league this year, I have no idea what this Panther team is capable of. All I have heard is they will be a little bigger, a lot stronger, and a lot more athletic.

The women return the reigning D2 coach of the year and D2 player of the year. This team looks undersized to be a championship caliber team. However, they are likely the quickest in D2.
          ????
          I wonder how many schools can say their current men's and women's basketball head coaches have been national coach of the year?

I can picture rushing out of the cold into a cozy warm gym already!
          ????
          Last edited by crazznewt; 09-15-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
            Because of the absence of a summer league this year, I have no idea what this Panther team is capable of. All I have heard is they will be a little bigger, a lot stronger, and a lot more athletic.

The women return the reigning D2 coach of the year and D2 player of the year. This team looks undersized to be a championship caliber team. However, they are likely the quickest in D2.
            ????
            I wonder how many schools can say their current men's and women's basketball head coaches have been national coach of the year?

I can picture rushing out of the cold into a cozy warm gym already!
            ????
            Probably the most talented team Hesser has had since '13. Lots of new faces, so it may take some time to get there, but I look for this team to be significantly better than last year's by February. Niekie Thomas was an under-the-radar steal...his motor is tremendous. He's a lot like Andrew Ballock but more athletic. Looking forward to seeing freshman Malek Davis play in a real game - I'm predicting he'll be the starting point guard from game 1. Hesser doesn't often start freshmen, but I don't think he'll have any choice with this kid. He's small, but he's extremely quick and has a great feel for the game.

Comment

• Yes it looks like Hesser added some athletes. They should be fun to watch.

I couldn't find any JUCO vids on this guy
              https://youtu.be/F-_2muEKYtk

http://www.hudl.com/v/28QKcm

https://youtu.be/73x-FwqZntE

https://youtu.be/KXYQznRI2Zs

http://www.hudl.com/v/2B0y7K
              Last edited by crazznewt; 09-19-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• DU Panther or DU Fan, I was informed that Hailey Diestelkamp has a leg in a boot, do you know how long she is out?
                21 points, 9 rebounds, 119 steals (second in the nation) would be tough to replace.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers, banged up with two players out and trailing after one quarter, scored 139 points tonight against an NAIA team that had 22 wins last year and high hopes for this season.
                  I'm still wondering if Molly has enough size on this team. However, they have athleticism. One example: Tonight, 5 foot 9 inch Lauren Holmes swatted a layup off the backboard preventing a fast break.
                  Because of the tough non conference schedule, It will be a tough task equaling the win total they had last year. But, if they stay injury free, they will challenge for championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                    DU Panther or DU Fan, I was informed that Hailey Diestelkamp has a leg in a boot, do you know how long she is out?
                    21 points, 9 rebounds, 119 steals (second in the nation) would be tough to replace.
                    It was Daejah Bernard and Payton Richards who were in boots. Payton still is after second exhibition game. Daejah looked good and Hailey is fine. Why play her a lot. You know what you got. On the other hand after the first peeks at Winfrey, Henderson and Findley I would say those three are going to get plenty of playing time. Very impressed with all three

Comment

• Men had a scrimmage against Coffeyville CC last night. They play four 10 minute quarters in those things and reset the score every quarter, but had it been a running score Drury would've won by 12 or so. Decent performance with a whole bunch of new guys. Cal Hartley can really shoot it, and Conley Garrison might be the best guard in the conference this year - he's improved from last year.

Comment

• The number 1 ranked Drury Lady Panthers defeat number 12 West Texas A&M 71-44 to raise their record to 2-0.

Drury was out rebounded and shot 37 percent to WTAM's 45 percent. However, The Lady Panthers collect 17 offensive rebounds and force 40 turnovers (after forcing 36 yesterday).

Hopefully all conference guard Peyton Richards can return to the Lady Panther lineup soon to add depth, because the schedule is loaded with tournament teams from last year.

Comment

• 76 turnovers in two games. Sounds like grade school basketball. Must be horrible to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                            76 turnovers in two games. Sounds like grade school basketball. Must be horrible to watch.
                            Watching exceptional athleticism and unique defensive schemes isn't "horrible" to me. These aren't pushover teams they have played the last 11 games or so dating back to last season.

Drury forced 1100 plus turnovers last year, including 60 - 70 forced in two games against Bellarmine.

Charges taken, deflections, diving for loose balls, traps set up by fake traps, attacking the offensive boards with tenacity is very entertaining to watch.

Comment

• College basketball is Fan -Tastic!

Watched an NAIA rivalry game between Evangel University and College of the Ozarks last night.
                              Evangel had an epic meltdown after leading by 18 with about 15 minutes left and ended up losing by 8.

Some D2 level players end up playing in the NAIA, but its obvious the conditioning isn't on par with D2.

Comment

• Drury knocks off Lake Superior 89-70 to start the year. Led by as many as 27 in the second half.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X