Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: Drury's next athletic director will be announced as soon as this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherClaws1 View Post
      Sources: Drury's next athletic director will be announced as soon as this week.
      I haven't a clue but would guess Nyla Milleson or Trevor Fisher.

Comment

• In an update, the announcement is likely to come next Monday afternoon due to scheduling conflicts.

Comment

• The Lewis Women have had the respect of The Drury coaches and announcers since their last meeting and for good reason as the Lady Flyers hand the Lady Panthers their fourth defeat of the season. Like the Lady Panthers, Lewis hasnt had a full roster until lately. Congrats to those kids.

I still like Drury's chances come tournament time. I don't believe the Lady Panthers have peaked because of their own issues with a constantly changing lineup.
          4 major GLVC upsets in the last week or so. Let the madness begin early!

Comment

• Nyla Myleson is Drury's new AD. Congratulations to her and Drury as this reunion is a perfect match. She is blessed with qualities that will have a positive impact on the Drury community that already appreciates her.

Kudos to Drury's broadcasting team of Ed Beach, Ray Meyer and John Miller for providing excellent play by play and commentary. They are very knowledgeable and professional in their presentations.

Bobby Hearn needs to one up the following:
            https://twitter.com/IowaWBB/status/1...C2Wf2v6aQ&s=19

Comment

• For the first time, the GLVC is going to a pay per view format for next weekend's conference tournament, charging $70 for a full weekend pass.
              Its understandable that revenue is needed, though it will likely mean less exposure for the schools and their sponsors.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers won their 6th straight GLVC Championship as they beat Lewis 76 to 47. Alana Findley was named All Tourney and Paige Robinson MVP for the second straight year.

Payton Richards and Azia Lynch will forever live in the conference record books as they have been on five championship teams. Kudos to these two as they have battled injuries all season.

Starter Mia Henderson suffered a knee injury early in this game and didn't return. Amy doesn't need another forward to be hindered by injury, as 2020-2021 first team all conference player Azia Lynch hasn't regained last season's form.

Fans attending an early season team luncheon were disheartened when the extensive injury report was given. One player whose season was severely limited by injury, used straight up vertical to free a ball that was tightly wedged between the backboard and rim during warm-ups at the last home game. Despite all the injuries and Covid, Amy's team is 31-4 while playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Comment

• Unlike in years past, there appears to be no easy games in this regional for the Lady Panthers if they are able to make a run. UMSL, then likely Grand Valley State, then probably Ashland.

Kudos to Ashland for being in position yet again to move to the number 1 spot after the loss by Grand Valley. It will be a great atmosphere as Ashland draws twice the crowd as GV does.

I have no problem with Katie Vaughn winning the COY award as she has her team in the regional tournament. FOR ONCE, it makes sense.

Amy has made adjustments through it all that has been coach of the year worthy. The defense has been incredible the last 7 games as the Lady Panthers have out scored their opponents 22.6 to 8 in the first quarter. Hard to believe one GLVC coach declared Drury wasn't a good defensive team after a mid season game. Soundcloud is an informative tool.

I strongly disagree with the defensive player of the year pick. It should not be just about steals, but who keeps an opponent from being effective offensively. I guarantee the league players would have picked Terrion Moore. She has dominated girls who were picked above her for GLVC honors all season long. This kid is one heck of an athlete.

Comment

• Looks like most of coach Foster's team has entered the transfer portal and will be replaced by a lot of talented freshmen.
                    I hope Victor Nwagbarachoa returns for his Covid season. No one plays with more intensity and his vertical has to be 36 plus. The biggest thing is he doesn't display the negative body language that is such a fan repellent.

I think the Drury Men have endured the most missed time in the conference due to Covid the last two seasons. Coming out of a long Covid timeout to upset SBU and UMSL in last season's conference tournament proves they've had the talent to be successful.

Praying everyone is thankful for the opportunities they have, as these can be taken away again.

Comment

• Another amazing game plan by the Lady Panther's coaching staff as they beat UMSL by double figures twice in a week. Another tough game tomorrow against GVSU.

Future Lady Panther Reese Schaaf, led all players with 19 points and 17 rebounds in the Missouri Class 3 Semi Finals yesterday and led her Eldorado Springs team to the the state championship today.

Amy has some big scoring guards coming in next season. If Paige and Amy return, Drury has to be favored to win their seventh GLVC title in a row.

Comment

• 4 surgeries and covid has enabled me to watch a lot of basketball the last couple of seasons thanks to GLVCSN and the fast forward/rewind buttons. Like an injured player watching from the bench, I've been able to observe the games in more detail.

It's now or forever hold my peace concerning the post season awards. I watched certain league players fade down the stretch while others flourished. I watched certain players elevate their game when an important teammate was sidelined, while others in the same situation did not and finished the season ranked higher. The numbers, including field goal percentage don't lie.

Even though the Lady Panthers were well represented on the all league teams, some deserved to be higher ranked. Also, no disrespect to the fine UMSL coach, but Amy Eagan deserved the coach of the year award.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                          Looks like most of coach Foster's team has entered the transfer portal and will be replaced by a lot of talented freshmen.
                          I hope Victor Nwagbarachoa returns for his Covid season. No one plays with more intensity and his vertical has to be 36 plus. The biggest thing is he doesn't display the negative body language that is such a fan repellent.
                          Looks like the only returners will be Shelton, Piper, and Naeger - which isn't a bad thing.

I'm not sure Vic has eligibility left. Regardless, bring on the new guys. I think you're going to see Coach Foster take the program back to where it's historically been in the next couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post

Even though the Lady Panthers were well represented on the all league teams, some deserved to be higher ranked. Also, no disrespect to the fine UMSL coach, but Amy Eagan deserved the coach of the year award.
                            It is amazing. Drury's women win the GLVC for a *sixth* year in a row - and how many times has their coach been named GLVC COY during that span? Once? Definitely not more than twice. It's a joke. The coaches in the league should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

It is amazing. Drury's women win the GLVC for a *sixth* year in a row - and how many times has their coach been named GLVC COY during that span? Once? Definitely not more than twice. It's a joke. The coaches in the league should be ashamed of themselves.

It's not fair but so many times COY goes to the coach whose team preformed better than expected. If you're expected to win, it's hard to over perform. Basically they discount the recruiting aspect of coaching and only reward those who "do more with less."

Comment

• Originally posted by WKYDave View Post

It's not fair but so many times COY goes to the coach whose team preformed better than expected. If you're expected to win, it's hard to over perform. Basically they discount the recruiting aspect of coaching and only reward those who "do more with less."
                                That makes sense, but last season's COY was given to an underachieving team. This season UMSL was loaded with talent also, including returning all GLVC graduate players. "It is what it is" as it seems the criteria changes yearly.

Congratulations to Grand Valley State. They are perennial participants in this regional. What a program.

Congratulations to the Lady Panthers. They played 37 games this season through significant adversity winning 32 of those games. That makes 5 straight seasons (except last year with covid) with at least 30 wins. Time to slow down a little and heal up from a long season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X