Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    My thoughts on Sunday night's games at the pro-am which resulted in 4 wins for both Drury programs:
    *Kudos to the the men's Coaching staff for what looks like a perfect mix of experience and youth on the roster. All the transfers will start IMO.
    *O'Connell and Cook have the athleticism that will contribute to a rebound in attendance numbers. Each had highlight reel dunks last night, including a couple in a crowded lane. Again, they also are very good players.
    Cook will start and play a lot. He's a legit Power 5 athlete.

I'll be surprised if O'Connell starts - he has some things to figure out (namely rebounding and defense). It all depends on what his expectations are and how much he wants to work. Coach Foster is going to have a lot of options this year. Adam Moore is a much better player than O'Connell is right now.

My projected starters, June edition:

G Trey Young
    G Logan Applegate
    G Quenton Shelton
    G Preston Cook (listed as a guard, but could easily play the 4)
    F Adam Moore

Second 5

G Elijah Whitley
    G Ryce Piper
    G Andrew Dalton (another one who is listed as a guard, but could play a forward spot)
    F Riley Naegar
    F Brady O'Connell

I'm looking for them to press more this year - they have the athleticism and the depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

Cook will start and play a lot. He's a legit Power 5 athlete.

I'll be surprised if O'Connell starts - he has some things to figure out (namely rebounding and defense). It all depends on what his expectations are and how much he wants to work. Coach Foster is going to have a lot of options this year. Adam Moore is a much better player than O'Connell is right now.

My projected starters, June edition:

G Trey Young
      G Logan Applegate
      G Quenton Shelton
      G Preston Cook (listed as a guard, but could easily play the 4)
      F Adam Moore

Second 5

G Elijah Whitley
      G Ryce Piper
      G Andrew Dalton (another one who is listed as a guard, but could play a forward spot)
      F Riley Naegar
      F Brady O'Connell

I'm looking for them to press more this year - they have the athleticism and the depth.
      O'Connell definitely has to mature in a couple of areas. Hopefully, having the chance to contribute from the start will be a big enough motivator for him. He has shown he has the resolve not to back down despite things not going his way. At the last game he had about three bad plays in a row, including getting his shot blocked and forcing plays out of frustration. The next play looked like he was still forcing the issue as he drove the crowded lane for an impressive dunk that fired his teamates up. I hope that determination combined with his athleticism will drive him to shore up the weakness in his game.

Adam Moore is a good player and I don't see a weakness in his game. He shoots a high percentage and with range, plus He has shown great leadership qualities so far. He needs to let the beard grow back as that was a good look!
      Last edited by crazznewt; 06-16-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Based on what I've heard in the early going, you can only pencil in three guys in the starting lineup barring some injury before the season starts, those three being Trey Lewis, Preston Cook and Adam Moore. Ideally they'd like to play Cook at shooting guard. The hope is to bring Shelton off the bench as the sixth man for scoring punch against second units, but O'Connell's grasp of the system will determine if that happens. They'd like to start O'Connell but that's tbd. They are still looking for a center to fill the final open roster spot, but it may be too late.

Comment

• Drury Athletics hosted a "Meet and greet" for the basketball teams Wednesday night to a packed banquet hall in a show of support from the boosters, fans, and corporate sponsors. In addition, the Lady Panthers have had over 700 kids in their camps this month with golf tournaments, auctions, and Panther camps coming up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X