Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings 2018

Time for predictions for the first real rankings coming out on the 14th. My predication for Wednesday (without looking at schnautza"s excellent PI ratings thread):

1. Ferris St.
    2. Bellarmine
    3. Findlay
    4. Lake Superior State
    5. Drury
    6. Hillsdale
    7. Southern Indiana
    8. Malone
    9. Ashland
    10. Northern Michigan

Re: Regional Rankings 2018

You forgot to tack an "LOL!" onto the end of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      Time for predictions for the first real rankings coming out on the 14th. My predication for Wednesday (without looking at schnautza"s excellent PI ratings thread):

1. Ferris St.
      2. Bellarmine
      3. Findlay
      4. Lake Superior State
      5. Drury
      6. Hillsdale
      7. Southern Indiana
      8. Malone
      9. Ashland
      10. Northern Michigan

Comment

Actually I like yours better. I forgot about Truman, which BU better not come Saturday.

Comment

I would also put in Truman at 8 but drop out Malone.

Comment

February 14, 2018 Rankings:

1- Ferris State
            2- Findlay
            3- Bellarmine
            4- Lake Superior State
            5- Southern Indiana
            6- Hillsdale
            7- Drury
            8- Malone
            9- Walsh
            10- Indianapolis

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

1- Ferris State
              2- Findlay
              3- Bellarmine
              4- Lake Superior State
              5- Southern Indiana
              6- Hillsdale
              7- Drury
              8- Malone
              9- Walsh
              10- Indianapolis
              Looks like USI's strength of schedule made it possible to be at 5th in the region. All the idiots who keep bashing the USI schedule should shout their yaps now, even Jeff Johnson Class of '99 at USI who is a fake tough guy and a geeky looking construction failure. Watson is a horrible coach and needs to be fired, all of us agree with it and Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard who is busy selling snack products in Tennessee. USI is easily in the NCAA field at this point despite the naysayers. Now if we could get a real head coach. Even the people I talk with back at USI say Watson has to go after the loss to Bellarmine. Sign me up for Fire Watson petitions.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

1- Ferris State
                2- Findlay
                3- Bellarmine
                4- Lake Superior State
                5- Southern Indiana
                6- Hillsdale
                7- Drury
                8- Malone
                9- Walsh
                10- Indianapolis
                Very surprising to me that Drury is at #7 and USI is at 5. I would have switched them, personally. I suppose they are considering quality of teams lost to... so Drury's losses to McKendree (4-13) and Emporia St (7-16) hurt more than USI's losses to UIS (8-10), Drury (15-4), Augustana (13-10), Hillsdale (18-7), West Texas A&M (19-2). Both lost to Bellarmine (19-2) at least once. Drury lost to UIndy (15-7) while USI beat them twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                  Looks like USI's strength of schedule made it possible to be at 5th in the region. All the idiots who keep bashing the USI schedule should shout their yaps now, even Jeff Johnson Class of '99 at USI who is a fake tough guy and a geeky looking construction failure. Watson is a horrible coach and needs to be fired, all of us agree with it and Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard who is busy selling snack products in Tennessee. USI is easily in the NCAA field at this point despite the naysayers. Now if we could get a real head coach. Even the people I talk with back at USI say Watson has to go after the loss to Bellarmine. Sign me up for Fire Watson petitions.

Comment

I already told everyone who I am in earlier posts, stop being lazy and look it up. Not that hard to figure out with not many former USI student radio broadcasters now working in Duluth for UMD. I'll be in Evansville in the summer, we can settle it man (me) to geek (you Jeff Johnson '99 USI) then if that's really who you are.

As for USI and Watson, we all want him out as head coach. Is it truth there were billboard signs in Evansville yesterday calling for him to be fired? Or is this more fake tough guy talk from the Jeff Johnsons aka Westside Mafia of the USI world?

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                      Very surprising to me that Drury is at #7 and USI is at 5. I would have switched them, personally. I suppose they are considering quality of teams lost to... so Drury's losses to McKendree (4-13) and Emporia St (7-16) hurt more than USI's losses to UIS (8-10), Drury (15-4), Augustana (13-10), Hillsdale (18-7), West Texas A&M (19-2). Both lost to Bellarmine (19-2) at least once. Drury lost to UIndy (15-7) while USI beat them twice.
                      I would bet that last night's games weren't figured in to this ranking. Hillsdale lost to Ohio Dominican, which hurts them (obviously), but also hurts all the GMAC teams (who have played, or will play, them twice) and USI who has also played them.

Also, Lincoln and Emporia St (two past Drury opponents) won last night which I think will push them up a tier.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they use the PI number but also look at strength of schedule, overall winning percentage, etc (if that's what they do). The PI number already has wins, losses, and strength of schedule built into it.

Most surprising to me is that Indy made it in at 10 over Ashland and Truman St.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                        I would bet that last night's games weren't figured in to this ranking. Hillsdale lost to Ohio Dominican, which hurts them (obviously), but also hurts all the GMAC teams (who have played, or will play, them twice) and USI who has also played them.

Also, Lincoln and Emporia St (two past Drury opponents) won last night which I think will push them up a tier.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they use the PI number but also look at strength of schedule, overall winning percentage, etc (if that's what they do). The PI number already has wins, losses, and strength of schedule built into it.

Most surprising to me is that Indy made it in at 10 over Ashland and Truman St.
                        I think the Indy position is the key to many of the questions on this ranking. Not sure what Indy has done to earn the 10 but I'm sure their standing is what keeping USI all the way up at 5(although it doesn't quite make sense that BU is only third when one of their two losses was to Indy.) I still think that the top 5 should include Drury and then the rest is a mess. Walsh and Indy have wins over ranked teams (Walsh 3, Indy 2) but they also have some bad losses and at home no less. USI was solidly in the regional until this past week, but now they are hanging to their wins over Indy and LSSU. Malone has the win over Findlay and Hillsdale but also has some shady losses at home. Hillsdale was solid until losing 3 of their last four with last night loss not showing up in the rankings yet. I could still see a team like Truman jumping in the top 8 if they win both their games this week.

Unfortunately for BU this ranking is going to be hard to overcome to get to the #1. Although I think Ferris will lose again, I just don't see Findlay losing since they are at home the rest of the way. Even if Ferris lost one game I'm not sure that would be enough to put BU ahead of them as well. The loss to Parkside is going to end up being extremely costly.

Comment

In comparison to the real regional rankings, here's some other ranking systems (some of them include games played this week)

Talismanred.com
                          1. Ferris
                          2. Bellarmine
                          3. Findlay
                          4. Drury
                          5. USI
                          6. LSSU
                          T7. Truman
                          T7. Hillsdale
                          T7. William Jewell
                          10. Ashland

Massey
                          1. Ferris
                          2. Bellarmine
                          3. Findlay
                          4. Drury
                          5. USI
                          6. LSSU
                          7. Hillsdale
                          8. Truman
                          9. William Jewell
                          10. Walsh

Hero Sports
                          1. Bellarmine
                          2. Ferris
                          3. Findlay
                          4. Drury
                          5. LSSU
                          6. USI
                          7. Maryville
                          8. Walsh
                          9. Hillsdale
                          10. Truman

Comment

I believe one of my hypotheses last season was that the committee will play around with the 9-10 seeds in order to make all the teams they feel "deserve" it to have a spot (once ranked, always ranked). So teams that are good but not quite top still count for something in the "ranked wins" category. I predict we will see Ashland, Maryville, and WJ all make an appearance at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                              I believe one of my hypotheses last season was that the committee will play around with the 9-10 seeds in order to make all the teams they feel "deserve" it to have a spot (once ranked, always ranked). So teams that are good but not quite top still count for something in the "ranked wins" category. I predict we will see Ashland, Maryville, and WJ all make an appearance at some point.
                              Truman should be there for sure. They're virtually even with Indy in most measures and beat Indy at Indy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X