Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings 2018

Pearl = National Runner up, National Title, 9 straight D2 NCAA appearances, 30 more wins than watson in 9 years HC.

Watson = 1 D2 NCAA win in 9 years HC.

USI hosting regional this year mark it down! Lol!!
    Last edited by glvcpro; 02-21-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
      He has a win over watson I do believe!

Comment

Last edited by WestSideMafia; 02-21-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
          Also missed Walsh position which is the one I missed. I didn't expect Walsh to jump that high beating a 10. Had I looked closer to Drury/Walsh like Drury /Hillsdale, i would have seen Walsh over Drury.
          Drury only has 1 win over the top 10, while Walsh has 3. While 2 of Drury's losses are to top 10, 3 of Walshe's are to the top 5. Walsh goes 3-3. Drury goes 1-2. Heads up Walsh.
          PI doesn't give you margin of victory or strength of conferences or anything other won-loss. Heads up against common opponents making regional when comparing 2 teams means more than PI because it is already figured in and actually measures the 2 teams against the field

Comment

Glvc picked says 3-2 that usi loses both games with all 5 saying they can't go 2-0. With my pillow back and the team possibly thinking something good is gonna happen on Mar 1, I don't think usi loses both games. If coach stays in his car they should win both. I think 8th is theirs to lose. I think they must lose both and Indy must beat Bellarmine for usi to drop.
            On the other hand don't o well on Alderson Broadens or any of the other bubblers . At weeks end and barring any upsets except usi, it should be: AB 20-8, Indy 18-8, Malone 17-8, Truman and Ashland both 17-9, and USI 16-11or 17-10. Does a b take the 8th? If not who does?
            If committee looks at last 10 games as I believe they are supposed to it would look like this: Indy and Malone both 8-2, ab and truman both 7-3, Ashland 5-5, and usi 4-6 or 5-5.
            Also 5 thru 7: Walsh to be16-6 (8-2), Drury 18-5 (9-1), Hillsdale 19-8 (6-4) after losing to findlay. Possibly in that order? And still have conference tournaments to play!

Comment

GMAC FINALS

Ohio Dominican 75
              Alderson Broaddus 67

Lake Erie 67
              Walsh 60

Comment

Progress this week:

1. Ferris State (27-1, 25-1) - won 117-66 at home vs. Purdue Northwest; hosts GVSU Saturday
                2. Findlay (22-3, 21-3) - idle; hosts Hillsdale Saturday
                3. Bellarmine (22-2, 21-2) - won 82-67 at home vs Indianapolis; end of season
                4. Lake Superior State (20-6, 18-6) - won 85-73 at home vs GVSU; hosts Purdue Northwest Saturday
                5. Hillsdale (19-7, 19-7) - idle; visits Findlay Saturday
                6. Walsh (15-7, 15-7) - lost 60-67 at Lake Erie; end of season
                7. Drury (17-5, 16-5) - won 65-61 at home vs Rockhurst; visits William Jewell Saturday
                8. Southern Indiana (17-9, 16-7) - won 68-67 at UWP; visits Lewis Saturday
                9. UIndy (17-8, 17-7) - lost 67-82 at Bellarmine; visits UWP Saturday
                10. Malone (16-8, 16-8) - idle; visits Lake Erie Saturday

"bubble" teams:
                Truman State (16-9, 16-9) - won 90-85 at home vs William Jewell; hosts Ill-Springfield Saturday
                Ashland (16-9, 16-9) - won 82-64 at home vs Saginaw Valley; hosts Northwood Saturday
                Alderson-Broaddus (18-9, 18-9) - lost 67-75 at Ohio Dominican; visits Cedarville Saturday
                Maryville (16-7. 16-7) - won 76-71 at Ill-Springfield; hosts UMSL Saturday
                William Jewell (15-8, 15-8) - lost 85-90 at Truman; hosts Drury Saturday
                Last edited by schnautza; 02-23-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

My opinion and mine only.
                  Usi's 1 point win thur was ugly but the biggest i've seen in a long time. Coupled with what else happened thur and last week, it just about assured its hold on the 8th seed and also burst the bubbles for Indy, Malone, Alderson, and Maryville, all with 1 ugly point. Only Truman, Ashland and Jewell have shot jumping usi and that 1 point just jabbed a needle at those 3 bubbles.
                  It's a bad situation when a team could lose 5 of its last 6 games and still make the regional, but look at the outsiders. If Indy wants to jump the eagles, don't lose twice to them and then lose when it counts! Malone same. Don't lose to them on your home floor and then lose when it counts! Alderson don't also lose when it counts! Ashland also. You lost last wk when it counted.
                  Maryville has no shot. It hasn't beaten a team other than cedarville, with more than 2 wins over 500. After today's game it will be only 1team (umsl @ 1game over 500) twice. Same with Jewells record. Only big win is over us I. All else equal to Maryville. Dont mention Missouri Kansas city. Jewells only shot is to beat drury today. That won't be enough if us I wins.
                  If coach wad got hung up at his high school game last nite and doesn't make it to the game today, then us I should win and burst all the bubbles.
                  The question then is what happens to the other 7 spots. How far does Walsh drop? 8th? What happens at Findlay/Hillsdale? Drury/Jewell? Somebody could move.
                  Last edited by Kingfish; 02-24-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

It looks like the conf. tournaments could effect the NCAA bids. If USI losses against Lewis and losses its first conf. tourney game, I seriously doubt they are in. I also think that if BU wins the GLVC tourney and Ferris does not win the GLIAC, Bellarmine will get that #1 seed. I think Bellarmine passes Findlay even if Findlay wins the G-MAC tourney (which it almost assuredly will) if BU wins its tourney.

The other consideration is whether someone outside the top eight in the regional wins their conference tourney. It doesn't happen much, but I think there is a real shot of that happening and its most likely to happen in the GLVC. Once you get passed BU, there is little separation between the remaining 7 teams. If I were establishing a line, I would make Maryville the 2nd favorite to win the GLVC tournament. (A Maryville tournament championship would be bad news for Ferris State because with Barry at center Maryville matches up pretty well with Hankins and Ferris State)

Comment

1-4, Truman Ashland and Maryville were the only "contenders" for the 8 regional spots to not lose this past week. Seems like Lake State has secured a final 8 spot and every other team needs to make some noise in their conference tourney to grab one of the last 4 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                        1-4, Truman Ashland and Maryville were the only "contenders" for the 8 regional spots to not lose this past week. Seems like Lake State has secured a final 8 spot and every other team needs to make some noise in their conference tourney to grab one of the last 4 spots.
                        I dont' think Hillsdale loss at Findlay or Indy's loss @ BU will affect either one of them. Hillsdale stays at 5 and Indy moves up a couple. I think Malone and USI drop out of the top 10. Truman and Maryville make their first appearance at 9 and 10 respectively. Walsh will either stay at 6 or drop one or two spots but still be in the top 8.

My guess this week:
                        1.Ferris
                        2. Findlay
                        3. BU
                        4. LSSU
                        5. Hillsdale
                        6. Indy
                        7. Walsh
                        8. Drury
                        9. Truman
                        10. Maryville

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                          I dont' think Hillsdale loss at Findlay or Indy's loss @ BU will affect either one of them. Hillsdale stays at 5 and Indy moves up a couple. I think Malone and USI drop out of the top 10. Truman and Maryville make their first appearance at 9 and 10 respectively. Walsh will either stay at 6 or drop one or two spots but still be in the top 8.

My guess this week:
                          1.Ferris
                          2. Findlay
                          3. BU
                          4. LSSU
                          5. Hillsdale
                          6. Indy
                          7. Walsh
                          8. Drury
                          9. Truman
                          10. Maryville

Comment

GLVC and GLIAC championship games will be on Sunday. Will the final seedngs be announced Sunday night?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                              GLVC and GLIAC championship games will be on Sunday. Will the final seedngs be announced Sunday night?

Comment

That doesn't surprise me.?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X