Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings 2018

So S&T isn't very good this season. I'll still step out onto my porch and proudly shout...Go Miners!

Image result for missouri s&t athletics
    Last edited by crixus; 02-21-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      I kinda think BU jumps Findlay into #2, not that it matters much if Ferris does not lose. Also think USI may fall as far as 10 with Indy moving up to 8 and Malone 9. Only reason I think it is 10, the committee won't want to put them at 9 just behind Indy since USI beat Indy twice. Again I don't think it will matter for the final ranking as USI has fallen off the cliff and may not win again. I actually don't like that because it diminishes two of BU's best wins.
      When speaking of USI's current tailspin it brings to mind arguments on whether your goal is picking the 8 best teams when looking at the whole season or which 8 teams were playing the best at the end of the season. The people that are on committees like this always tell you that they analyze a team's complete body of work over the season but they always seem to be influenced by how good a team is playing at the end of the season and tend to downplay losses early in the season. Indy is definitely playing better than USI right now but how can they put them ahead of USI who beat them twice over the season. I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
        If I was to predict rankings this week:

1. Ferris (26-1)
        2. Findlay (23-3)
        3. Bellarmine (21-2)
        4. LSSU (19-6)
        5. Drury (16-5)
        6. Hillsdale (19-7)
        7. Walsh (15-6)
        8. USI (16-9)
        9. UIndy (17-7)
        10. Malone (16-8)

I originally had usi at 10 because of the only team to go 0-2. Giving a closer look I added with you but with 1 exception. Drury does not overtake hillsdale. They both went 1-1 vs mediocre teams, so why change? Hillsdale played a full d2 schedule while Drury avoided losses by playing 3 naias.
        Bellarmine losses to a nr12 and to a 17 loss team doesn't permit them to pass findlay losses to nr1 , nr4 and nr10. We will know in few hrs. Only for short time as Hillsdale goes to findlay and gr val st goes to ferris st who only beat them by 6 at gr val

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
          I originally had usi at 10 because of the only team to go 0-2. Giving a closer look I added with you but with 1 exception. Drury does not overtake hillsdale. They both went 1-1 vs mediocre teams, so why change? Hillsdale played a full d2 schedule while Drury avoided losses by playing 3 naias.
          Bellarmine losses to a nr12 and to a 17 loss team doesn't permit them to pass findlay losses to nr1 , nr4 and nr10. We will know in few hrs. Only for short time as Hillsdale goes to findlay and gr val st goes to ferris st who only beat them by 6 at gr val
          Not sure Drury will overtake Hillsdale in this ranking either, but FWIW, Massey currently has Drury at 29th in the country and Hillsdale at 70th.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
            Not sure Drury will overtake Hillsdale in this ranking either, but FWIW, Massey currently has Drury at 29th in the country and Hillsdale at 70th.
            Bellarmines pi raised while findlays dropped but i still don't think they overtake findlay. Don't think individual national polls affect committees regional ratings that much. We will see soon who overtakes who

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
              Bellarmines pi raised while findlays dropped but i still don't think they overtake findlay. Don't think individual national polls affect committees regional ratings that much. We will see soon who overtakes who
              Yeah, I don't think they do either. That was more directed at your comment that "Hillsdale played a full d2 schedule while Drury avoided losses by playing 3 naias". Was just saying that Massey still thinks that Drury played a tougher schedule, which along with a higher winning %, is why they have Drury ranked higher.

Comment

February 21
                Here's the latest:

Rank / School / Overall D2 Record / In-region Record
                1. Ferris State (26-1, 24-1)
                2. Findlay (22-3, 21-3)
                3. Bellarmine (21-2, 20-2)
                4. Lake Superior State (19-6, 17-6)
                5. Hillsdale (19-7, 19-7)
                6. Walsh (15-6, 15-6)
                7. Drury (16-5, 15-5)
                8. Southern Indiana (16-9, 15-7)
                9. UIndy (17-7, 17-6)
                10. Malone (16-8, 16-8)

Comment

Well I guess pi not quite as important. Except for Drury Hillsdale position schnautzer nailed it

Comment

Drury getting weighed down by Opponents Win % at 43.6%, which is a direct result of having to play Missouri S&T twice. S&T is 0-20, so that's a combined 0-40 that gets jacked into DU's opponent win %. If S&T was 5-15 (still god-awful) instead of 0-20 (worst D2 record in the country) that by itself would raise Drury's opponent's winning % almost 3%.

Comment

Drury getting weighed down by Opponents Win % at 43.6%, which is a direct result of having to play Missouri S&T twice. S&T is 0-20, so that's a combined 0-40 that gets jacked into DU's opponent win %. If S&T was 5-15 (still god-awful) instead of 0-20 (worst D2 record in the country) that by itself would raise Drury's opponent's winning % almost 3%.
                      Is rolla AD jonmaries kin? No one ever gets fired there.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                        Is rolla AD jonmaries kin? No one ever gets fired there.
                        Tell me about it. That guy is in the running for the worst coach in D2 basketball, and has been for a long time, yet they keep bringing him back.

Comment

Tell me about it. That guy is in the running for the worst coach in D2 basketball, and has been for a long time, yet they keep bringing him back.
                          He has a win over watson I do believe!

Comment

He has a win over Drury too. Lol! What's your point? Forget that I asked. Lol!

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                            He has a win over watson I do believe!

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
                              He has a win over Drury too. Lol! What's your point? Forget that I asked. Lol!
                              Last edited by glvcpro; 02-21-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                                Well I guess pi not quite as important. Except for Drury Hillsdale position schnautzer nailed it
                                Also missed Walsh position which is the one I missed. I didn't expect Walsh to jump that high beating a 10. Had I looked closer to Drury/Walsh like Drury /Hillsdale, i would have seen Walsh over Drury.
                                Drury only has 1 win over the top 10, while Walsh has 3. While 2 of Drury's losses are to top 10, 3 of Walshe's are to the top 5. Walsh goes 3-3. Drury goes 1-2. Heads up Walsh.
                                PI doesn't give you margin of victory or strength of conferences or anything other won-loss. Heads up against common opponents making regional when comparing 2 teams means more than PI because it is already figured in and actually measures the 2 teams against the field

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X