Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings 2018

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    Truman should be there for sure. They're virtually even with Indy in most measures and beat Indy at Indy.
    Yes, I forgot to list them too.

Comment

We control our own destiny...and they is scary!

Comment

I look forward to it...bring your man crush John Morris too so he can kiss your boo boos for you!

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
        I already told everyone who I am in earlier posts, stop being lazy and look it up. Not that hard to figure out with not many former USI student radio broadcasters now working in Duluth for UMD. I'll be in Evansville in the summer, we can settle it man (me) to geek (you Jeff Johnson '99 USI) then if that's really who you are.

As for USI and Watson, we all want him out as head coach. Is it truth there were billboard signs in Evansville yesterday calling for him to be fired? Or is this more fake tough guy talk from the Jeff Johnsons aka Westside Mafia of the USI world?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
          I look forward to it...bring your man crush John Morris too so he can kiss your boo boos for you!
          John Morris is a great broadcasting teacher and he's also trained in martial arts, so maybe you need to go say that to his face, tough guy Jeff Johnson Class of '91. John served our country in the military and learned the martial arts and he's very good. Not that he would need to use them on a geek like you since you never show up at a game and would never have the nerve to talk your smack to his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
            John Morris is a great broadcasting teacher and he's also trained in martial arts, so maybe you need to go say that to his face, tough guy Jeff Johnson Class of '91. John served our country in the military and learned the martial arts and he's very good. Not that he would need to use them on a geek like you since you never show up at a game and would never have the nerve to talk your smack to his face.

Comment

Ferris State wins in OT again -- and again they make a 3-pointer at the buzzer (off a missed free throw and tip out) in regulation to send the game into OT. Beat Michigan Tech 89-84. That's two games in a row with a miraculous finish. Unreal. Scored earlier in the year with 1.1 seconds left to beat Findlay. Maybe they CAN'T lose anymore.

Comment

This week's progress:

1. Ferris (25-1) - won 89-84 on the road in OT to Michigan Tech
                2. Findlay (22-3) - won 84-56 at home vs Cedarville; 101-64 at home vs Ohio Valley
                3. Bellarmine (20-2) - won 87-64 at Rockhurst
                4. LSSU (18-6) - won 80-68 at Northern Michigan
                5. USI (16-8) - lost 81-94 at William Jewell
                6. Hillsdale (18-7) - lost 48-65 at Ohio Dominican
                7. Drury (15-5) - lost 53-72 at home to Lewis
                8. Malone (16-7) - no games played
                9. Walsh (14-6) - won 96-58 at Ohio Valley
                10. UIndy (16-7) - won 97-85 at Missouri S&T

"Bubble" teams:
                Truman State (15-8) - won 89-60 at home vs UWP
                William Jewell (15-6) - won 94-81 at home vs USI

Alderson-Broaddus (17-8) - won 102-81 at home vs KWC
                Ashland (14-9) - lost 57-64 at GVSU
                Maryville (14-7) - no games played
                Last edited by schnautza; 02-16-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                  This week's progress:

1. Ferris (25-1) - won 89-84 on the road in OT to Michigan Tech
                  2. Findlay (22-3) - won 84-56 at home vs Cedarville; 101-64 at home vs Ohio Valley
                  3. Bellarmine (20-2) - won 87-64 at Rockhurst
                  4. LSSU (18-6) - won 80-68 at Northern Michigan
                  5. USI (16-8) - lost 81-94 at William Jewell
                  6. Hillsdale (18-7) - lost 48-65 at Ohio Dominican
                  7. Drury (15-5) - lost 53-72 at home to Lewis
                  8. Malone (16-7) - no games played
                  9. Walsh (14-6) - won 96-58 at Ohio Valley
                  10. UIndy (16-7) - won 97-85 at Missouri S&T

"Bubble" teams:
                  Truman State (15-8) - won 89-60 at home vs UWP
                  William Jewell (15-6) - won 94-81 at home vs USI

Alderson-Broaddus (17-8) - won 102-81 at home vs KWC
                  Ashland (14-9) - lost 57-64 at GVSU
                  Maryville (14-7) - no games played
                  I'm amazed by the effort you put into this stuff. Nobody even tries to analyze D2 hoops - you could put together the best D2 website on the internet

Comment

USI loses again against ROCKHURST!!! Lol!!

Comment

Weekly Summary:

1. Ferris (26-1) - won 89-84 in OT at Michigan Tech; won 98-84 at Northern Michigan
                      2. Findlay (23-3) - won 84-56 at home vs Cedarville; won 101-64 at home vs Ohio Valley
                      3. Bellarmine (21-2) - won 87-64 at Rockhurst; won 82-70 at Truman State
                      4. LSSU (19-6) - won 80-68 at Northern Michigan; won 80-76 in OT at Michigan Tech
                      5. USI (16-9) - lost 81-94 at William Jewell; lost 70-75 at Rockhurst
                      6. Hillsdale (19-7) - lost 48-65 at Ohio Dominican; won 94-76 at Ohio Valley
                      7. Drury (16-5) - lost 53-72 at home to Lewis; won 74-57 at home vs UWP
                      8. Malone (16-8) - lost 75-86 at Walsh
                      9. Walsh (15-6) - won 96-58 at Ohio Valley; won 86-75 at home vs Malone
                      10. UIndy (17-7) - won 97-85 at Missouri S&T; won 90-79 at William Jewell

"Bubble" teams:
                      Truman State (15-9) - won 89-60 at home vs UWP; lost 70-82 at home vs Bellarmine
                      William Jewell (15-7) - won 94-81 at home vs USI; lost 79-90 at home vs Indianapolis

Alderson-Broaddus (18-8) - won 102-81 at home vs KWC; won 72-67 at home vs Trevecca Nazarene
                      Ashland (15-9) - lost 57-64 at GVSU; won 95-52 at Purdue Northwest
                      Maryville (15-7) - won 86-77 at home vs McKendree

Comment

If I was to predict rankings this week:

1. Ferris (26-1)
                        2. Findlay (23-3)
                        3. Bellarmine (21-2)
                        4. LSSU (19-6)
                        5. Drury (16-5)
                        6. Hillsdale (19-7)
                        7. Walsh (15-6)
                        8. USI (16-9)
                        9. UIndy (17-7)
                        10. Malone (16-8)

Comment

Indy and Walsh had the best weeks. A win for Indy on Thursday would lock up a tournament bid, a loss will not eliminate them. I still think that Maryville is a team that can play themselves into the tournament.
                          Drury's loss sure was a head scratcher, although I think Lewis's entire season has been a head scratcher. They should have been better this season. Until recently, you could have said the same about Indy, but when all is said and done, it looks like they have a shot at second in the GLVC, which is where they should be finishing based on talent.

Comment

I wonder what the regional committee procedures are with regard to member's of the committee voting for or arguing for their own school. I know on the D1 selection committee, if the committee person is from a school under consideration, they must abstain from participating in the evaluation of that team. I ask because Davenport is on the committee. If he abstains from discussion about Bellarmine, wouldn't Bellarmine be better off with somebody else from the GLVC who would be free to push for them? I don't mean this as a criticism or excuse, I just don't understand how it works.

Comment

Regional breakdown of Massey's current top twenty:

Atlantic: 1
                              Central: 8
                              East: 1
                              Midwest: 3
                              South Central: 2
                              South: 1
                              South East: 2
                              West: 2

This means that 12 of the top 20 teams have no chance of making the elite 8. Kind of supports the thought that winning the regional in the Central or Midwest will be as big a task as winning the elite eight, especially if you are not a #1 seed.
                              I will say that Massey has had a bias for the Central region all year. I do believe that it is easily the best overall region, I'm just not sure that it is that much better than the Midwest, South Central and West.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                                If I was to predict rankings this week:

1. Ferris (26-1)
                                2. Findlay (23-3)
                                3. Bellarmine (21-2)
                                4. LSSU (19-6)
                                5. Drury (16-5)
                                6. Hillsdale (19-7)
                                7. Walsh (15-6)
                                8. USI (16-9)
                                9. UIndy (17-7)
                                10. Malone (16-8)
                                I kinda think BU jumps Findlay into #2, not that it matters much if Ferris does not lose. Also think USI may fall as far as 10 with Indy moving up to 8 and Malone 9. Only reason I think it is 10, the committee won't want to put them at 9 just behind Indy since USI beat Indy twice. Again I don't think it will matter for the final ranking as USI has fallen off the cliff and may not win again. I actually don't like that because it diminishes two of BU's best wins.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X