Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
    Come on hammer. Please drop. Need that announcement soon!
    fan at old central gym myself, good place to watch a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
      Not quite. Early 90s. Lionel Sinn days. Not good yet but he tried. Even brought Mich St into Roberts stadium to play to liven up the program. Hell 27 of Watson's 74 non conference wins are over non d2 teams. Bill Joergens is sleeping in his grave face down. Even his d2s have been weakest teams around.
      Administration back during Sinn days would have not even hired Watson, so I cannot say he would have been fired by now if they were running the show, he would have never gotten chance to start with, pedigree not what USI needed at the time, but seems USI panicked with Herdes getting fired, and took Watson and the lingering NCAA ruling hurt too.

Overall administration from top down to Jon Mark has been lacking for a long time...athletics program to the administration at higher levels then Hall seemed to not care . Also I was never a big Ray Hoops fan either, plus he was a genuine azzhat...athletics took a steady decline when he took over in Fall of 1995. I know Pearl was not fond of Hoops either.

Watson...should be a no brainer to be gone. Open up the job, I bet we would get some of the best D2 coaches wanting job plus some nice mid to high major assistant coaches...maybe not top assistants that are getting 150-300K already.

Comment

Watson refused to step down in to another role at USI. That's the latest. The USI board of trustees has a tough decision to make J.M. Hall fire Watson or wait for the new president to do it. If they make Hall fire Watson the trustees get a lot of criticism for stepping in and interfering with the AD's job. It sounds like a mess because Watson is not stepping down and taking another job at USI. As a USI graduate I'm outraged and confused and I hope all of you are because this sets back the USI basketball program years.

Comment

As a manager this should be as easy of a decision one encounters. If Smiley isn't up for the task then he can always teach PE.

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
          Watson refused to step down in to another role at USI. That's the latest. The USI board of trustees has a tough decision to make J.M. Hall fire Watson or wait for the new president to do it. If they make Hall fire Watson the trustees get a lot of criticism for stepping in and interfering with the AD's job. It sounds like a mess because Watson is not stepping down and taking another job at USI. As a USI graduate I'm outraged and confused and I hope all of you are because this sets back the USI basketball program years.

Comment

• I know this sounds crazy...what would u think of usi hiring davenports son? Prob the only way we can beat Bellarmine is to be Bellarmine. Just an idea?

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                I know this sounds crazy...what would u think of usi hiring davenports son? Prob the only way we can beat Bellarmine is to be Bellarmine. Just an idea?

Comment

• Comment

• Trustee contacts are on firewatson.com

Comment

JMH has no backbone and if RW is not taken in by another Dept his salary hits athletics and JMH loves his budget not going over...varsity club needs to demand the firing that will kill JMH the most if those funds evaporated

It should not be the new presidents responsibility to clean up this crap and I would assume if new president has to clean it up JMH will need to get his resume updated too, as he might give him 12 months to prove himself.

This is a no-brainer new facility, new head coach, new marketing program to promote both...it's easy to see this is the way to go.
                      Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-05-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I was told another reason why USI is stalling on firing Watson is they let the volleyball coach stay in her job in spite of destroying the program, so what's that got to do with USI basketball. That's why they hoped he would step aside on his own but the two should not be related. USI Volleyball was terrible when I was a student there and now it's even worse but they let that coach stay because it's a woman and they are afraid to fire a women I guess. Watson is the coach of the most followed sport on the campus, they should remove him. But the trustees are gutless it looks like and will wait for the new president to pull the plug. I'm finished with USI basketball till they get rid of Watson and told people that in the past hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                          I was told another reason why USI is stalling on firing Watson is they let the volleyball coach stay in her job in spite of destroying the program, so what's that got to do with USI basketball. That's why they hoped he would step aside on his own but the two should not be related. USI Volleyball was terrible when I was a student there and now it's even worse but they let that coach stay because it's a woman and they are afraid to fire a women I guess. Watson is the coach of the most followed sport on the campus, they should remove him. But the trustees are gutless it looks like and will wait for the new president to pull the plug. I'm finished with USI basketball till they get rid of Watson and told people that in the past hour.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                              If that's the case fine. I will not support the program any furthur. Similar to Tom Crean, he has had the resources and time. He has to go.

Comment

There are plenty of coaches in Biddy Basketball that could run circles around Wod.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X