Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Great time watching GLVC tournament at SIU Edwardsville. Unfortunately the men lost but played better than previous couple weeks. SIUE was actually a better venue for this tournament than the Ford Center. The women continued to play well and fun watching their 2 wins including a pay back win over Lewis after the loss they had to them the previous week. Had a slow start in the championship game against Drury but made it a very exciting game. Just couldn't overcome the all too many Drury offensive rebounds off missed 3 pointers and our own unbelievably high number of turnovers. Not looking back though, heading to Ashland to watch them play in the regional. This team definitely deserves our support....a lot of hard playing girls on this team and no apparent drama that I can see. These seniors won't put up with it and lead by example. Go Lady Eagles!

Comment

Good post Dave and agreed. If they cut down on the turnovers no reason they can't get a shot against Ashland.

Originally posted by Super Dave View Post
      Great time watching GLVC tournament at SIU Edwardsville. Unfortunately the men lost but played better than previous couple weeks. SIUE was actually a better venue for this tournament than the Ford Center. The women continued to play well and fun watching their 2 wins including a pay back win over Lewis after the loss they had to them the previous week. Had a slow start in the championship game against Drury but made it a very exciting game. Just couldn't overcome the all too many Drury offensive rebounds off missed 3 pointers and our own unbelievably high number of turnovers. Not looking back though, heading to Ashland to watch them play in the regional. This team definitely deserves our support....a lot of hard playing girls on this team and no apparent drama that I can see. These seniors won't put up with it and lead by example. Go Lady Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by Screagle2017 View Post
        If that's the case fine. I will not support the program any furthur. Similar to Tom Crean, he has had the resources and time. He has to go.

Comment

thanks dave

Comment

Comment

• Comment

Or maybe better stated.....the wrong AD

Comment

I hate to sound like a spoiled brat but why invest time and money into something where the administration just does not care. The local media, minus the beat writer and a few other people, are too blind to see this program is failing. A buddy of mine that is a student thought this team deserved to make the tournament after the Bellarmine game. Really??? I really do think this team could be decent with the right coach. No, not DayJar, Julius, Davis, or Marcellous. Like IU's seniors thank god they are all gone. I really like the core coming back. Stein is an All-American, Hansen and Little are All-GLVC players (at their potential). Mateo could be a good PG. Hell he and Little played at North Central. They faced some good competition there. Coyle is an All-State recruit. I am going to see him play at Seymour this weekend. He is well coached too. Norman I think is a solid role player that can give you 15 good minutes. They really need some tough physical players to be added to this team. With that and the right coach this is a top 15/20 team that could contend in the watered down GLVC and have a shot at regional. But no, we are stuck with WOD and a failed high school coach as his assistant. Hell, Shooter from Hoosiers could do a better job than him. Again, I've religiously followed this program for five years and it has gone down faster than the first hill on the Voyage. The 2014 and 2017 teased me.

Comment

Shooter won a key game for Hickory. The man could coach although recruiting would have been an issue as he would have been blitzed while on the road. But as an Xs and Os coach he could have been elite.

Originally posted by Screagle2017 View Post
                    I hate to sound like a spoiled brat but why invest time and money into something where the administration just does not care. The local media, minus the beat writer and a few other people, are too blind to see this program is failing. A buddy of mine that is a student thought this team deserved to make the tournament after the Bellarmine game. Really??? I really do think this team could be decent with the right coach. No, not DayJar, Julius, Davis, or Marcellous. Like IU's seniors thank god they are all gone. I really like the core coming back. Stein is an All-American, Hansen and Little are All-GLVC players (at their potential). Mateo could be a good PG. Hell he and Little played at North Central. They faced some good competition there. Coyle is an All-State recruit. I am going to see him play at Seymour this weekend. He is well coached too. Norman I think is a solid role player that can give you 15 good minutes. They really need some tough physical players to be added to this team. With that and the right coach this is a top 15/20 team that could contend in the watered down GLVC and have a shot at regional. But no, we are stuck with WOD and a failed high school coach as his assistant. Hell, Shooter from Hoosiers could do a better job than him. Again, I've religiously followed this program for five years and it has gone down faster than the first hill on the Voyage. The 2014 and 2017 teased me.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                      Shooter won a key game for Hickory. The man could coach although recruiting would have been an issue as he would have been blitzed while on the road. But as an Xs and Os coach he could have been elite.
                      I'd take a blitzed Shooter recruiting over WOD and Owen.

Comment

• No announcement will be made until girls team is finished playing.

Comment

That is fair to the girls team. I will be shocked if there is any announcement other than the announcing of the continuation of Wod on Basketball show at Turonis.

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                          No announcement will be made until girls team is finished playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                            Watson refused to step down in to another role at USI. That's the latest. The USI board of trustees has a tough decision to make J.M. Hall fire Watson or wait for the new president to do it. If they make Hall fire Watson the trustees get a lot of criticism for stepping in and interfering with the AD's job. It sounds like a mess because Watson is not stepping down and taking another job at USI. As a USI graduate I'm outraged and confused and I hope all of you are because this sets back the USI basketball program years.
                            All the more reason to fire hall. Trustees have to do his job? Then he needs to go.

Comment

Bennett and Rochon have paid off so many employees in the past, what is one more?

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                                No announcement will be made until girls team is finished playing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X