Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Personally I think he walked in underestimating how difficult it is to be successful as a head coach. Coaching in the collegiate space is a difficult job. Recruiting, coaching, winning and marketing. It takes it all to be good. When hiring someone who doesn't have a track record it can be difficult to predict how they will do. But one thing I think we can all agree on is it takes hard word and dedication. At the DII level the safer route is to find a younger coach who is looking to make a name and move up the ranks. Wod was a safe choice given the prior issues. I give him credit in the early years. But the dark cloud is long gone and now we need to get back to winning.

Comment

• Comment

There is a lot to like in Stan Gouard as a candidate for head coach. He took over a miserable and irrelevant greyhound program and raised them to being ranked number one in the nation in 2014-15 season. 6 straight NCAA appearances as well, for a program with far less resources than USI. I can imagine with his pedigree and his relationship and past history with the Screaming Eagles, let alone a new arena on the way, he could lure quite a recruit into the program. Just me thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgoEagles View Post
            There is a lot to like in Stan Gouard as a candidate for head coach. He took over a miserable and irrelevant greyhound program and raised them to being ranked number one in the nation in 2014-15 season. 6 straight NCAA appearances as well, for a program with far less resources than USI. I can imagine with his pedigree and his relationship and past history with the Screaming Eagles, let alone a new arena on the way, he could lure quite a recruit into the program. Just me thinking out loud.

And would get some of the pearl/herdes faithful to come back to support the program

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
              And would get some of the pearl/herdes faithful to come back to support the program
              I would not be opposed to Stan and I bet new prez would like it. There would be a good group of candidates and hopefully the search committee is made up of smart individuals just not a few hand picked board members and ad. Did Rausch sign loi or was it just verbal? I know coyle signed loi.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                I would not be opposed to Stan and I bet new prez would like it. There would be a good group of candidates and hopefully the search committee is made up of smart individuals just not a few hand picked board members and ad. Did Rausch sign loi or was it just verbal? I know coyle signed loi.
                Rausch is indeed signed. Great shooter with picture perfect release.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                  None of this matters because Watson refused to step down and take another job on campus. You might as well stop torturing yourself about the next coach because J.M. Hall isn't firing Watson and the trustees were too cowardly to force Hall to do his job. How do we get new trustees at USI? Until a new president is hired nothing is going to change at USI. The trustees at USI should force Hall to terminate Watson but they hid behind letting the new president make a tough decision. And there is no announcement that's going to be made after the girls get finished in the NCAA, thats a lie by Taco.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgoEagles View Post
                    He looks like he can really shoot it. He also looks pretty slow. How big is he?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgoEagles View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                        None of this matters because Watson refused to step down and take another job on campus. You might as well stop torturing yourself about the next coach because J.M. Hall isn't firing Watson and the trustees were too cowardly to force Hall to do his job. How do we get new trustees at USI? Until a new president is hired nothing is going to change at USI. The trustees at USI should force Hall to terminate Watson but they hid behind letting the new president make a tough decision. And there is no announcement that's going to be made after the girls get finished in the NCAA, thats a lie by Taco.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                          He looks like he can really shoot it. He also looks pretty slow. How big is he?
                          He's 6'6. He shoots well with a high and quick release, no wasted motion in his shot. Shoots much better off the catch, he can pull up off one or two dribbles but has a shaky handle, lacking creativity and doesn't break down the defense. He wasn't great getting to the rim and was usually the tallest player on the floor, he didn't face much competition that will simulate the size of the help defense and rim protection he will face in the GLVC. As you mentioned, he isn't quick. He can throw down a dunk in the open floor but not much of a half court athlete. I would have liked to see him get more action off the ball to get him open, which is how we will have to use him or we are using a scholarship to have him stand in the corner. I would also like to have seen a more alpha dog role from him, at his size and to be a USI scholarship player, he let the game come to him a bit much, sometimes he was face guarded staying out of the way, watching the action. Finished with a 5-18 record which is underwhelming considering Boonville's schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisd2 View Post
                            He's 6'6. He shoots well with a high and quick release, no wasted motion in his shot. Shoots much better off the catch, he can pull up off one or two dribbles but has a shaky handle, lacking creativity and doesn't break down the defense. He wasn't great getting to the rim and was usually the tallest player on the floor, he didn't face much competition that will simulate the size of the help defense and rim protection he will face in the GLVC. As you mentioned, he isn't quick. He can throw down a dunk in the open floor but not much of a half court athlete. I would have liked to see him get more action off the ball to get him open, which is how we will have to use him or we are using a scholarship to have him stand in the corner. I would also like to have seen a more alpha dog role from him, at his size and to be a USI scholarship player, he let the game come to him a bit much, sometimes he was face guarded staying out of the way, watching the action. Finished with a 5-18 record which is underwhelming considering Boonville's schedule.
                            The question is....who can he guard in the GLVC? Doesn't look quick near enough to guard a wing, and if you're that size you better be quick or have a heck of a motor to be able to guard in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                              The question is....who can he guard in the GLVC? Doesn't look quick near enough to guard a wing, and if you're that size you better be quick or have a heck of a motor to be able to guard in the paint.
                              That's a good question. I imagine they intend him to defend the wing.

Comment

• Evan brinkmeyer was also a talent in high school. Look what happened with him

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X