Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad, if you are still hanging around here, who is covering USI for the C&P these days? I've only seen one post-game article all season (Oakland City) out of the 2 exhibitions and 5 other games played. Seems to me like nobody over there is on the USI beat any more, which is a shame given the new arena and all. There's been newsworthy stories, like being ranked in the top 10 (if briefly, still top 20 after that loss), or even updates on injured players like Fitz or eligibility on Rivera and Caldwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

Unless someone beats Bellarmine at Bellarmine, the chances of them losing 4 games in the conference is slim. They just won what's probably their toughest road game.
      I would like to agree with you on that one, but it is hard to say. Don't know if it is the impending jump to D1 or what, but this has been the weakest non-conference schedule in the Davenport era. It is hard to tell how good this team can be yet. USI will be the hardest road game and home game on BU's schedule. If BU wins both of those games then it is likely they will only have 2 or 3 losses at the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
        Chad, if you are still hanging around here, who is covering USI for the C&P these days? I've only seen one post-game article all season (Oakland City) out of the 2 exhibitions and 5 other games played. Seems to me like nobody over there is on the USI beat any more, which is a shame given the new arena and all. There's been newsworthy stories, like being ranked in the top 10 (if briefly, still top 20 after that loss), or even updates on injured players like Fitz or eligibility on Rivera and Caldwell.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Rodney has to pad those win totals. USI administration will never learn that fans don't want to watch these crappy teams. Man up and sign some big home/home contracts with high level teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                  Rodney has to pad those win totals. USI administration will never learn that fans don't want to watch these crappy teams. Man up and sign some big home/home contracts with high level teams.

I'm with you somewhat, not a fan of seeing the Bluefields, Virginia Wises and so on either. Coach Watson has mentioned several times in interviews how hard it is to schedule in the non-conference. The G-Mac challenge has the possibility of good teams. (Hillsdale has got us twice I believe) That is where the level of competition at the tournaments in Las Vegas and Disney were attractive. Better test then a Lincoln for sure at no risk of an in region loss. But doesn't give us home games. With the GLVC having 16 teams why not just play everyone twice? Guaranteed D2 competition, in region game, easier early year scheduling and two games a year would help make new rivalries. (Never thought I'd say how much I'm gonna miss Bellarmine.) I would much rather see a so so conference foe then someone I have to look up and see where their from and if they will be considered a real game towards our region rankings.

Comment

• So what do y'all hear on Caldwell and Rivera?

Comment

• Not sure about Caldwell but Rivera played the last 3 games.

Comment

• From the Courier & Press article on 12/16:

Updates on injured, inactive players

Caldwell, who has missed the entire season to this point due to an Achilles injury suffered in the offseason, continues to make positive progress. The team is hopeful that in a couple of weeks he can start participating in contact drills which may place him closer to a return.

Fans will have to wait to see the 6-foot-2 high-flying transfer from Wabash Valley College in a USI uniform as he's been redshirted for the 2019-20 season.

Rivera returned to action for the first time this season on Sunday after missing the first six games due to academic violations but his return to the court was limited. Watson said Rivera tweaked his hamstring last week during practice. The team didn't want to overextend him on Sunday and is hopeful he'll be ready to go for their upcoming matchups.

The 5-foot-7 guard will be out for the remainder of the season after suffering an ankle injury. He's expected to have surgery in early January. In four games of action, he averaged 8.8 points per game.

After his arrest on drunken driving charges on Dec. 1, Carpenter has been away from the team and is working on getting some things together, according to Watson. He says there isn't any timetable for his return and wants him to be able to come back with a fresh start. "He's paid a very heavy price for some stuff going on his life," Watson said. "I do feel like he'll be able to join us again and that in itself is good news."

Comment

• Off topic but looks like Evansville might need a new coach.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...investigation/

Comment

• I just saw that as well. Jeez! Say it ain't so, Walter!

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                              I just saw that as well. Jeez! Say it ain't so, Walter!
                              Last edited by glvcpro; 12-28-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• I don't believe the fact that it's hard to schedule non-conference games...it would be pretty easy to schedule these games if you offer a home and home but Watson doesn't want to do that. I truly believe that he is scared to schedule tough road games.

You see plenty of good DII teams playing other good DII teams home and home. I think that is just his excuse because he isn't willing to go and play tough road games unless he has to, like Bellarmine.

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post

I'm with you somewhat, not a fan of seeing the Bluefields, Virginia Wises and so on either. Coach Watson has mentioned several times in interviews how hard it is to schedule in the non-conference. The G-Mac challenge has the possibility of good teams. (Hillsdale has got us twice I believe) That is where the level of competition at the tournaments in Las Vegas and Disney were attractive. Better test then a Lincoln for sure at no risk of an in region loss. But doesn't give us home games. With the GLVC having 16 teams why not just play everyone twice? Guaranteed D2 competition, in region game, easier early year scheduling and two games a year would help make new rivalries. (Never thought I'd say how much I'm gonna miss Bellarmine.) I would much rather see a so so conference foe then someone I have to look up and see where their from and if they will be considered a real game towards our region rankings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X