Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

The University paper is the 'Shield'. I looked online, but didn't see a recent article on Coach Watson.

Comment

Expectations for the season? 20 wins, middle of the pack GLVC, home in early March.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
        The University paper is the 'Shield'. I looked online, but didn't see a recent article on Coach Watson.

Comment

https://usishield.com/

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

We knew about all but 2 of these games...and both are letdowns.
                  And can we ditch our love affair with Ohio Valley?

Great games - Barry, LSSU (Thanks, BU and UIndy)
                  Good games - Northern Michigan, King, Hillsdale (Thanks, BU and UIS)
                  "meh" games - Malone, Oakland City (really, I can't get a feel for how good OCU is because they won't play a D2 schedule)
                  "WTF did we schedule these guys?" games - Martin Methodist, Midway, Ohio Valley

Only one good game on there scheduled by Watson with King in the Bill Joergens tourney. *facepalm*

Comment

FWIW our new coach said explicitly that he was trying to get together with USI for a game but was having trouble reaching an agreement. How much could there possibly be to agree to? Come to our place one year, we'll come to yours the next. The schools are 30 minutes apart. You know USI would bring many fans to Owensboro for the game so how scary could it possibly be? Especially when we're in a total rebuild? Lol...Oh well.

Comment

There is simply no reason for Bellarmine and USI not to play KWC every year. I don't care who the coaches are or the state of the teams. Fact is that all the fans of all three teams want to see them play. The other fact is that it is difficult to get games against D2 teams that are close georaphically. It should not have taken Coach Cooper getting the KWC job for BU to schedule them. I hope it remains a permanent fixture. I think it would make sense for both BU and USI to play KWC twice every season, home and away.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                        The other fact is that it is difficult to get games against D2 teams that are close georaphically.
                        If you put everything else aside, this statement is the key. Conferences are spreading out geographically. If you can get at least 1 nonconference D2 game (if not 2) every year with an opponent that is closer to you than any of your conference games it's just a no-brainer.

Comment

I don't think it is a coincidence that Bellarmine, Drury, Findlay and Ferris St. (among others) are all playing very challenging schedules with both true home and away games. Without practice even started, you know there is good chance those four will be playing in the regional tournament in March.

Comment

• Last edited by WestSideMafia; 09-17-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                              We knew about all but 2 of these games...and both are letdowns.
                              And can we ditch our love affair with Ohio Valley?

Great games - Barry, LSSU (Thanks, BU and UIndy)
                              Good games - Northern Michigan, King, Hillsdale (Thanks, BU and UIS)
                              "meh" games - Malone, Oakland City (really, I can't get a feel for how good OCU is because they won't play a D2 schedule)
                              "WTF did we schedule these guys?" games - Martin Methodist, Midway, Ohio Valley

Only one good game on there scheduled by Watson with King in the Bill Joergens tourney. *facepalm*

Comment

Is Watson's contract public record since it's a state school? Maybe he has a 20 win bonus or something lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X