Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Canary3 View Post
    USI fought hard. Adam Eberhard took over the game in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Not taking a TO down 3 late was a HUGE mistake. Stein has to take that shot instead of Hansen forcing up a crappy look. Wod panics when the game gets tight.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          Not taking a TO down 3 late was a HUGE mistake. Stein has to take that shot instead of Hansen forcing up a crappy look. Wod panics when the game gets tight.

Comment

Wasn't impressed with Bellarmine's guards but man Eberhart can do a lot of things. He is s tough cover then he gets the ball at the top of the key matched up with a big man. In the second half that #4 didn't score a point. First half we didn't even attempt to guard him. The ways of the Wod can never be explained.

Comment

What an interesting game. I have a lot of good takeaways in spite of the fiasco of the last 2 minutes.
              Refs were bad both ways. Started off hard against BU but then swung the other way in 2nd half.
              First half, we were very stagnant. Shot selection was pretty bad and we had no intention of shooting inside the arc. If it wasn't for all the travel calls on #41, we would have easily been down 10 more points.

Second half, Watson actually appears to have made adjustments. Most notably, Braden Fitzjerrels. Man, that guy made a spark in our offense. He has energy and is always moving. I credit him for the comeback surge, along with the team finally feeding the ball to Price inside and Stein getting hot.

Free throws were awful tonight and it may have been a different ending if we were hitting them earlier.

If we see more of the offense that we ran in the second half, we will be a serious force to contend with in conference play. Gotta see Braden get more floor time. I could use less of Hansen's bad shot selection.

I had said before the game that this will either be a 20+ pt blowout or a single digits spread, depending on which eagles team shows up. Well, ignoring the last two minutes where all hell broke loose, it was the latter...and I'm very happy with what I saw.

Comment

I still don't understand the end of the game(although BU was up by 5 anyway with 4 seconds). I know Eberhard got to shoot 2 free throws for the foul called on Stein(one of the many iffy calls by the refs) and then Watson got the 2 technicals so that was 4 more free throws, but why did Eberhard get two more for a total of eight? Did I miss something or were the refs and official scorer screwed up? Only matter if u had USI and 10 points but all the same it was really weird

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Same thing as last year???

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                        I still don't understand the end of the game(although BU was up by 5 anyway with 4 seconds). I know Eberhard got to shoot 2 free throws for the foul called on Stein(one of the many iffy calls by the refs) and then Watson got the 2 technicals so that was 4 more free throws, but why did Eberhard get two more for a total of eight? Did I miss something or were the refs and official scorer screwed up? Only matter if u had USI and 10 points but all the same it was really weird
                        Went back and looked. I still don't get the number of free throws. After shooting the T's, I have no idea why Eberhard was given two foul shots. He had shot his two foul shots prior to the 2 technical fouls and there was no chance that he was fouled again.

BTW, Eberhard played great, but I would actually give the nod to Stein for the better game. Stein hit a bunch of contested shots. If the charge/block (it was a tough call for the ref, a real 50/50) foul goes the other way, Eberhard does not get to make 7 of 8 free throws at the end.

Comment

We are hoping to get our order in earlier this year!

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                          Same thing as last year???

Comment

The enthusiasm for USI basketball is overwhelming!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                              The enthusiasm for USI basketball is overwhelming!

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X