Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like West Chester lost last night. That makes the Knights the only team left undefeated in D2.
    Hopefully the Eagles rise to the occasion this weekend, I'm looking forward to this last home game against you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
      Looks like West Chester lost last night. That makes the Knights the only team left undefeated in D2.
      Hopefully the Eagles rise to the occasion this weekend, I'm looking forward to this last home game against you all.
      That's assuming we win at Mckendree, which is no sure thing.

Looking forward to coming down and checking out your new diggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post

That's assuming we win at Mckendree, which is no sure thing.
        No joke. This season has been pretty unpredictable with several teams making noise.

Comment

• For obvious reasons, I've been keeping my eye on the ASUN conference this season. There is absolutely no doubt that Bellarmine would be in contention to win the ASUN if playing in it this year. Massey ratings across divisions puts Bellarmine easily in second place in the conference, only Liberty is ahead. Liberty is 38, BU is 120 and third place is North Florida at 182. Liberty is good, but I have watched them and they would not physically overwhelm Bellarmine. The rest of the ASUN is about the same or worse than the better teams in the GLVC.

Sorry if its bad luck to think ahead to next season. I can't help but look forward to a road trip to Ft Myers, Fl next January or February.

Comment

• Yikes!! We have a lot of ball handling issues 15 TO and 10 A... and that was not an especially tough defensive team. Also after the 13 TO 10 A slog against Lewis and 11 TO 13A against Springfield. As mentioned before, we have no facilitator outside of Parker and he has his limits. Mark Bugg said often last night...'that pass had no chance, where is he going, slow down"
            It is clear we are a 1 on 1 team this year with Alex and Dylan greenlighted. Thankfully they can hit free throws 15-17 last night, rest of team 5-10.
            It does not appear the GLVC is so tough this year but if Alex or Dylan get in foul trouble we will have trouble scoring. 3rd option is Ben and CJ chucking 3's which work better with Alex and Dylan drawing inside defense. Pedro high energy but he just appears out of control a lot of the time.Coach D got his work cut out to make us more efficient like past teams. The D is elite which erases a lot of mistakes.
            Could not find current all-time record against Eagles but hope we leave Evansville happy tomorrow for final time.

Comment

• Najar needs to concentrate on describing the action on the court instead of whining about the poor officiating. I don't know how many times in recent games he's shouted out "can you believe that, I can't believe it" forgetting the fact that he is a radio announcer and the people listening have no idea what he is talking about. He needs to go back to play-by-play broadcasting 101 where they would teach you you're supposed to be describing the action on the court and limit your opinions on the officiating until after you've told the listeners what has transpired.

Comment

• Comment

• UMSL is for real and will be a tough matchup in the GLVC tournament for anyone. They were quicker than us and outrebounded us although a lot of those rebounds were long rebounds off missed shots that they outhustled us to the ball. Better double teaming their quick guys to stop the driving to the basket in the second half as well as clutch free throw shooting saved the day. Any team that can shoot 82% as a team at the line is going to win quite a few games if they can get tot he line.

Comment

• UMSL was by far the quickest team we have played. They are legit and I give them a ton of credit. Defensively, they did a great job matching up with Penn. I think he needed to work a little harder to get open and to pen guys down around the basket and maybe his teammates needed to look for him more.

Of course Bellarmine deserves credit for another great defensive effort. They managed to shut Rose down in the second half, truthfully he was a tad bit unconscious in the first half. He hit a bunch of really tough shots.

BTW, Cook had zero TO's. He played a very good game, although he missed some easy shots.

Cook did not get called for any walks last night, but Weyer had a couple. It seems that all of our forwards have trouble coming to a legal stop off the dribble.
                    Last edited by Knightmoves; 01-17-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Rose made some rather amazing shots. He was a JUCO all American last year. Since he is only 5'9" I imagine some bigger schools passed him up. UMSL grabbed him right out of UIS back yard (he is from Springfield).

Comment

• By far Alex Cook's best game as a Knight. An all around performance on both ends and he held things together in the first half when Ben went to the bench. Nice minutes by CPal in 1st half.
                        And woo-hoo, CJ finally got to the FT line.

We need to improve closing out games....after taking the 11 point lead at 4:27 we don't score again until .10. Kent Taylor posted a nice video on twitter of Parker's huge steal, wasn't sure at the time but it was the right call.

Do not want to see Rose or any of those guys again, they had 8 more FG, 9 more Reb, 7 more OReb than us. We will not be the beneficiary of such a friendly whistle on a neutral court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
                          By far Alex Cook's best game as a Knight. An all around performance on both ends and he held things together in the first half when Ben went to the bench. Nice minutes by CPal in 1st half.
                          And woo-hoo, CJ finally got to the FT line.

We need to improve closing out games....after taking the 11 point lead at 4:27 we don't score again until .10. Kent Taylor posted a nice video on twitter of Parker's huge steal, wasn't sure at the time but it was the right call.

Do not want to see Rose or any of those guys again, they had 8 more FG, 9 more Reb, 7 more OReb than us. We will not be the beneficiary of such a friendly whistle on a neutral court.
                          They had more field goals because BU shot so many free throws, which were mostly fouls in the lane where UMSL had no choice but foul or give up the easy basket. I am sure there is a little homecourt bias but I would say all those fouls were legitimate calls. The unsettling problem in the game was that drought at the end of the game. With the 11 point lead, the team gets somewhat passive and didn't continue going to the lane like they had previously. They had 4 fouls on three of the UMSL starters at that point, yet they didn't really try to get those players to foul after that. I think this was more player driven last night than in previous games where the coaching staff wanted to sit on the ball. They got to keep doing what got them the lead. Maybe if they are up double digits under 2:00 to play, they can go into stall mode but not before.

Comment

• I do agree that UMSL is legit. They surprised me with their discipline on offense, especially. They worked the clock and passed really well. Rose would make some incredible shots but they were all within 3 feet. As expected, they were very tough on defense. The entire team is very quick. Not looking forward to meeting them again (unless it is the regional in Knights Hall.)

Comment

• Good article in this morning's Courier Journal regarding BU's motion-ball-reversal offense.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/4456764002/

Comment

• Getting to the top is impressive, maintaining is even more so. It would be nice to see the Knights play without having to travel 500 miles.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X