Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAs to be the 2004 Championship game against Pitt. They mauled everyone getting to the N.C. I drove the 800+ miles to watch the game.
    After a quick pick 6, and decent drive, Gorillas were up 14 midway in 1st quarter. i thought,; "I drove up all this was to watch this?"
    Pitt at the time, held the recored for most points scored in any division , for a single season. Like 860 points It was ridiculous , but the blazers
    came back and won 36 - 31.

I was quite impressed with the Pitt fans - on the visitors side. As the players slowly walked off the field, their fans stood up and gave a rousing
    5- minute applause. Very classy.

<>

Comment

2017 regional Finals. Commerce v Harding...the atmosphere was incredible...the cocoa was watered down :P

Comment

Comment

2011 Arrowhead comeback against NW.
          95 North Dakota State at Pitt, PO game

Comment

2002 National Quarterfinals - Cal-Davis vs. Javelinas in Kingsville. Great game to end a bitter playoff rivalry and send the Aggies out of D2 with the L.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

So I'm not as old as some and not as young as others, but I was there for a few great games with SR1 teams that stood out to me:

2011 2nd round playoffs WSSU v. Cal. That goes down as one of the biggest games I have seen at Bowman Gray. Cal came in after running through Elizabeth City and their fans thought this was another CIAA school to add to their resume. We got out to a good lead but Cal came back and made this a game at the end. From how tight this game got, this is one of the best all around games I have watched in person.

2012 SR 1 finals WSSU v. IUP. This was another good game where defense was more of the star but their was some good offensive action. Our starting QB had been injured in the CIAA Championship game so we were playing our backup who came into his own. We hit a big Hail Mary TD at the end of the first half for a TD. IUP then came back and we had to put our injured starting QB back in the game which resulted in the game winning drive. I've said it before but I think that IUP team would have put up a good challenge if not had a chance to beat Valdosta that year for the championship.

2013 2nd round of the playoffs WSSU v. Shep. If you are a fan of defense find this game and watch it. It's not that either offense was bad, but both defenses were top 10 for yards allowed and in rare form for a 7-0 game. We had one chance to score and couldn't come up with a TD catch in the endzone.

Comment

2005 National Championship. GVSU and NWMS. GV made a tackle on the 4-yard line as time expired to win it.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

2014 National Semifinal between CSU-P & West Georgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWKVpmH6VQ

Comment

2007 Carson-Newman vs. Catawba: Catawba scores with about :30 seconds left. C-N's only loss that season and STILL the biggest playoff snub in the history of D2 football.
                    2009 Carson-Newman vs. North Alabama in the Regional Final: Eagles went to Florence and beat Terry Bowden and his 673 Division I dropouts.
                    2015(maybe): Carson-Newman vs. Valdosta in the playoffs. Valdosta scored as time expired to win what was an absolutely insane game. Scoreboard operator earned his paycheck that day.

Those are probably the three best I've been to. I've been to a couple Mars Hill games because my baby sister went there. Grew up in Hickory and went to a lot of L-R games as a kid, but they sucked REALLY bad growing up. None of the L-R or Mars Hill games really come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post
                      2017 regional Finals. Commerce v Harding...the atmosphere was incredible...the cocoa was watered down :P
                      Thought that was a national semifinal games?

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                        So I'm not as old as some and not as young as others, but I was there for a few great games with SR1 teams that stood out to me:

2011 2nd round playoffs WSSU v. Cal. That goes down as one of the biggest games I have seen at Bowman Gray. Cal came in after running through Elizabeth City and their fans thought this was another CIAA school to add to their resume. We got out to a good lead but Cal came back and made this a game at the end. From how tight this game got, this is one of the best all around games I have watched in person.

2012 SR 1 finals WSSU v. IUP. This was another good game where defense was more of the star but their was some good offensive action. Our starting QB had been injured in the CIAA Championship game so we were playing our backup who came into his own. We hit a big Hail Mary TD at the end of the first half for a TD. IUP then came back and we had to put our injured starting QB back in the game which resulted in the game winning drive. I've said it before but I think that IUP team would have put up a good challenge if not had a chance to beat Valdosta that year for the championship.

2013 2nd round of the playoffs WSSU v. Shep. If you are a fan of defense find this game and watch it. It's not that either offense was bad, but both defenses were top 10 for yards allowed and in rare form for a 7-0 game. We had one chance to score and couldn't come up with a TD catch in the endzone.
                        In 2011 New Haven had their best team since 1997, and it honestly looked like WSSU had 20 guys out there on defense in the regional finals. Amazing defense and a team that helped set the stage for CIAA playoff success in later years.

Comment

The 2006 quarterfinal game between Shepherd and Bloomsburg. The game was at Shepherd and was our third playoff game in our new stadium. We were playing with our backup quarterback and were ahead most of the game until a late TD by Bloomsburg gave them the win 24-21.

Comment

That's easy. 2015 Week 4 - Mustangs vs. MSUM Dragons and Homecoming.

Both teams entered the game 3-0, which was not expected for either team. The Mustangs handled business and ran away with the game. This is the only game I requested work to let me attend because I knew it was going to be a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqx7CclvVo

Honorable Mentions:

I got Tony Mueller's autograph after this game. Only OT game I've been too, and easily one of the loudest (especially when Twedt came up with the ball on that last play).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKa3aMclpY

This is more for the experience than anything - I think it was the last time I've ever been inside the Dome. This game was also used for an episode of Life to the Max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4MCiT_O4g

This was my first college football game - D2 or otherwise. I missed the Mavs by one year. Whoops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkO6iK5PMs

And of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46uhL5UC_w
                            Last edited by SW_Mustang; 09-21-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Blizzard Bowl last fall when MSU-Mankato came from behind to beat Tarleton in the quarterfinals. Epic drive.

https://deadspin.com/welcome-to-foot...ell-1830939775
                              I remember watching that drive. I was working on some other stuff here and there, so I'd come back to it every now and again and say... "wait, they're still going???" Fun game to watch.

Comment

https://hsusports.com/boxscore.aspx?...&path=football

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X