Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on those rankings, here's the Week 4 Bracketology:

Comment

One of us is not understanding this and I'm not sure who it is.

Why would Texas A&M-Commerce move to SR3 only to cross over with Pitt State who would move to SR4?

Why would Angelo State move to SR2 only to cross over with Delta who would move to SR4?

Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	430423

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Why would Texas A&M-Commerce move to SR3 only to cross over with Pitt State who would move to SR4?

Why would Angelo State move to SR2 only to cross over with Delta who would move to SR4?
        • There are two flights in the first round.
        • Four out of 12 road teams have potential second-round flights (I haven't been checking for potential flights in the event of a double upset of the 2 and 3 seeds; I'm not sure if I should be.)
        • One out of the 12 games is a regular-season rematch.
        As far as I can tell, this bracket is optimized based on those three guidelines. Keeping teams within their home super region is a lower priority than all of those.

Comment

Comment

One of us is not understanding this and I'm not sure who it is.

Good points, and from the NCAA site, it really doesn't make it any clearer.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Initiative.pdf

<>

Comment

Yes, this is how it'll be done this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yes, this is how it'll be done this year.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Why does Mines and CSUP have to play each other? Distance? They played last year in the first round also. I know this is early in the season and everything will change.

Comment

Originally posted by pokefan View Post
                      Why does Mines and CSUP have to play each other? Distance? They played last year in the first round also. I know this is early in the season and everything will change.
                      I'm wondering if this part of the rule would come into play:

No. 3 - Repeating regular season match-ups in the first round of the championship should be avoided, provided that doing so does not increase the number of flights (per priorities 1 & 2).

It appears as that is only applicable to unseeded teams.

Comment

I'm wondering if this part of the rule would come into play:

No. 3 - Repeating regular season match-ups in the first round of the championship should be avoided, provided that doing so does not increase the number of flights (per priorities 1 & 2).

It appears as that is only applicable to unseeded teams.

Comment

Geography is irrelevant in that case. Seeds 1-4 don't move even if the geography is not favorable.

Comment

Geography is irrelevant in that case. Seeds 1-4 don't move even if the geography is not favorable.
                            Mines can't move in the bracket, being the 3 seed. But CSUP, as the 5 seed, can.

Comment

Why not? It worked out well last year. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Mines can't move in the bracket, being the 3 seed. But CSUP, as the 5 seed, can.
                                Good deal. If they are going to worry about trying to make sure seeds 5-7 don't play an opponent they've already played, they should do the same for seeds 2-4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X