Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a big one - while not official yet, it's unlikely the University of Michigan will play football this season.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/U...570762751.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Here's a big one - while not official yet, it's unlikely the University of Michigan will play football this season.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/U...570762751.html
      Big caveat to that interpretation of the claim of no football: no football if there are no students on campus. Have in person classes = football probably happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Big caveat to that interpretation of the claim of no football: no football if there are no students on campus. Have in person classes = football probably happens.
        Right - but from what I'm reading it's doubtful they'll have students on campus.

We won't know for sure until it's official obviously, but based on the president's comments I wouldn't plan on the Big House seeing any activity.

Comment

Right - but from what I'm reading it's doubtful they'll have students on campus.

We won't know for sure until it's official obviously, but based on the president's comments I wouldn't plan on the Big House seeing any activity.
          Call me a conspiracy theorist, but if I wanted to turn up the heat on the state government of Michigan to relax directed measures ... one easy gambit for the university prez would be to announce no football. Nothing to lose...if they give in and loosen restrictions, you win. If they don't, the blame goes to the state capitol and they lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but if I wanted to turn up the heat on the state government of Michigan to relax directed measures ... one easy gambit for the university prez would be to announce no football. Nothing to lose...if they give in and loosen restrictions, you win. If they don't, the blame goes to the state capitol and they lose.
            I'll say it again. The way this thing has and is being handled in certain states is totally stupid and agenda driven. Does no common sense whatsoever exist in Michigan government? Half the people who have died from this are in nursing homes and almost all the rest are older people with serious underlying health issues. Instead of targeting and protecting the at risk population the message is that we are also supposed to think we are at grave risk of tipping over and hunker down in our collective foxholes until a vaccine shows up? You would surmise from such nonsense, if you did not pay attention to anything, that healthy young college students are dropping like flies.

Comment

• Dapper Dan, I could not have said it any better myself. I took a philosophy class my Junior year and got a few things out of the class, one thing that sticks is 16th century Philosopher Makiavelli. "If you control the media, you control the people". Various states and provinces are using this as a political platform. The numbers don't lie, in my province 92% of deaths have come from nursing homes. The numbers do not lie, to think a second wave would change its mind and decide to attack healthy adults is absurd. At the end of the day the virus is real, we must adapt and adjust. Anyone who has this preconceived notion that life will not go back to normal unless a vaccine is found is incorrect. I have sympathy for the most vulnerable and have been shopping for my parents, I applaud the SEC who has really taken a lead on this, PAC 12 followed suit after they realized how ridiculous they sounded. The read below really sums everything up, Have a great day.

??????https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ax-in-history/

Comment

• Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

I would think the president and governor would be on the same page, not on opposing sides - so that would work in theory if the two parties were in opposition.

Comment

• The Northwoods League unveiled it's reopening plan yesterday. It's interesting, to say the least. They want to employ a "pod" model, effectively disintegrating the league structure for the season.

https://bismarcktribune.com/bismarck...d8b43a15f.html

Bismarck will host three teams, the Larks, the Bull Moose, and the Flickertails. The Larks are the traditional NWL franchise, the Bull Moose is a roster of players from other leagues, and the Flickertails are the American players from Thunder Bay. They will essentially just play each other for a full season with a short playoff series to end it.

They're looking at implementing this plan regionally, but can't move on the other states until they offer guidance and regulation. The Canadian players will be allowed to join the Flickertails once the borders open.

Comment

The Northwoods League unveiled it's reopening plan yesterday. It's interesting, to say the least. They want to employ a "pod" model, effectively disintegrating the league structure for the season.

https://bismarcktribune.com/bismarck...d8b43a15f.html

Bismarck will host three teams, the Larks, the Bull Moose, and the Flickertails. The Larks are the traditional NWL franchise, the Bull Moose is a roster of players from other leagues, and the Flickertails are the American players from Thunder Bay. They will essentially just play each other for a full season with a short playoff series to end it.

They're looking at implementing this plan regionally, but can't move on the other states until they offer guidance and regulation. The Canadian players will be allowed to join the Flickertails once the borders open.
                    Our collegiate summer league, the MINK League, announced it would shut down for the summer.

https://www.newspressnow.com/sports/...12a9cf11b.html

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Our collegiate summer league, the MINK League, announced it would shut down for the summer.

That's a bummer. There's so much money in the NWL that I'm not surprised they're trying to stay alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

The Southern California Collegiate Baseball League (wood bat) just postponed their season which was supposed to begin tomorrow. They haven't cancelled it yet, but I have a feeling they will.

Comment

• On a positive note, the five New Zealand teams that play in SupeRugby (top tier pro league with teams in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Argentina and Japan) will play a ten game season called Aotearoa Super Rugby beginning June 13th. The teams will play in empty stadiums with the games aired live on Sky Sports and streamed on ESPN+.

Aotearoa is the Maori name for New Zealand.
                          Last edited by crixus; 05-29-2020, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• The Boston Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. It's the first time the race has been cancelled in it's 124 year history.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
                              The Boston Marathon has been cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. It's the first time the race has been cancelled in it's 124 year history.
                              Yeah, 30,000 huffing puffing runners in the middle of a tier 2 hotspot like Boston probably not a great idea.
                              Not likely that 50,000 will be panting through the 5 boroughs of NYC come November either.

Comment

• Bowling Green reinstates baseball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X