Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

Does the best stadium change every year? This thread always shows up when people are bored and then they continue to make people even more bored. We do not have our own stadium but, to me, the stadium where we play is my favorite stadium because that's where the memories are and that makes me very happy. Ya'll continue now as I haven't read this kind of thread in a few years. Those of you whose team hasn't won a Natty for awhile, and you think you should have, go ahead and name your stadium the best, you probably need the ego boost.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Does the best stadium change every year? This thread always shows up when people are bored and then they continue to make people even more bored. We do not have our own stadium but, to me, the stadium where we play is my favorite stadium because that's where the memories are and that makes me very happy. Ya'll continue now as I haven't read this kind of thread in a few years. Those of you whose team hasn't won a Natty for awhile, and you think you should have, go ahead and name your stadium the best, you probably need the ego boost.
      It very well might change this year.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
        Don't understand city of Findlay stadium. Track runs behind visitor stands, 5 1/2 feet on the visitors sidelines, corners of endzone drain 4 feet below the front of the endzone. Saw the shortlived plans for on campus, looked awesome.

Comment

You'd think as a VSU fan I'd skip this thread but I guess that shows how ready I am for some D2 football. It's great we made OhioD2's list for a moment, even though it was in jest.

Comment

West Liberty has the best stadium from a view standpoint. Tree fringed visitor side with no visitor stands is the perfect fall backdrop to a football game when the fall leaves change!

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
              My top 5 would be

1. Pitt State
              2. NW Missouri State
              3. Central Missouri State
              4. Grand Valley
              5. Minnesota-Duluth
              Interesting to see people's opinions.

I wouldn't rate UMD in the top 5 of the NSIC. It is nice and recent renovations, but it has a track around it.

I would rate it behind, Augie, Upper Iowa, SMSU for sure just in the NSIC.

I am probably the oddball here. Like I said interesting to see opinions. Many would think I'm nuts but I can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                My top 5 would be

1. Pitt State
                2. NW Missouri State
                3. Central Missouri State
                4. Grand Valley
                5. Minnesota-Duluth
                BTW i DEFINITELY agree with the top 2 . man those are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  West Liberty has the best stadium from a view standpoint. Tree fringed visitor side with no visitor stands is the perfect fall backdrop to a football game when the fall leaves change!
                  Lock Haven's is good too. Bemidji State has a lake at the end of their stadium.

Comment

While UWF uses our local AA Baseball stadium, I do think it does pretty well (especially the view) for football.

This video is of the first time they transformed it for a football game (but the Wahoos were in the playoffs and they couldn't fully do everthing for the first game that season).

This photo shows it completed with infield covered and visitor's bleachers in place.

Last edited by UNALions; 08-03-2019, 03:48 PM.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      Interesting to see people's opinions.

I wouldn't rate UMD in the top 5 of the NSIC. It is nice and recent renovations, but it has a track around it.

I would rate it behind, Augie, Upper Iowa, SMSU for sure just in the NSIC.

I am probably the oddball here. Like I said interesting to see opinions. Many would think I'm nuts but I can live with it.
                      I'm in full agreement. Augie, SCSU, SMSU, UIU & USF all rank ahead of UMD for me in the NSIC. They have a great press box but otherwise I'm not thrilled by any stadium with a track around it anymore. The big thing about UMD has been the importance of the games played there. Big crowd, big game, big stakes.

When Northern builds their new one I don't think it will have a track.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioD2 View Post
                        IMHO GLIAC ranking:
                        1) GVSU
                        2) Ashland
                        3) SVSU
                        4) Davenport
                        5) Northern
                        6) Wayne
                        7) Ferris
                        8) LSSU
                        9) Northwood
                        10) Tech
                        is this before or after Tech's stadium renovations?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          Lock Haven's is good too. Bemidji State has a lake at the end of their stadium.

That is a cool stadium

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            I'm in full agreement. Augie, SCSU, SMSU, UIU & USF all rank ahead of UMD for me in the NSIC. They have a great press box but otherwise I'm not thrilled by any stadium with a track around it anymore. The big thing about UMD has been the importance of the games played there. Big crowd, big game, big stakes.

When Northern builds their new one I don't think it will have a track.
                            Northern's will be a great facility and will be among the top when done.

I agree on the track thing.

SMSU gets dinged because of the visitor side of the stadium and the small seats on that side, but we have the best suites by a long long ways. Our suits have both indoor and outdoor seasting, something that neither Augie or Winona have with their suites (you have to sit inside even on a great day) and we have the modern open concourse so fabs can always see the game when going to the bathroom or concession stand.

Comment

Northern's will be a great facility and will be among the top when done.

I agree on the track thing.

SMSU gets dinged because of the visitor side of the stadium and the small seats on that side, but we have the best suites by a long long ways. Our suits have both indoor and outdoor seasting, something that neither Augie or Winona have with their suites (you have to sit inside even on a great day) and we have the modern open concourse so fabs can always see the game when going to the bathroom or concession stand.
                              I like that aspect. I think they used to be called skyboxes when you had the option of being in or out.

Comment

Shoutout to Minot State for outdoor seating for suites too, though they aren't protected from weather.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X