Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NFL 2019

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

    I liked Cosell, he was unbiased. Meredith and Gifford were Cowboy cheerleaders. I understood it from Meredith. Gifford would often screw up, but he had a nice voice and was popular with the ladies. Even though I felt Meredith and Gifford were biased, they were still entertaining. There are plenty of games on youtube that they did.

    After Meredith left for NBC who allowed him to also act, there was a large number of replacements including Alex Karras, Fran Tarkenton, John Madden, and OJ Simpson. Here's the complete list.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_commentators
    Most people don't remember that Keith Jackson did the first year of MNF. I loved hearing him but I'm glad that he went back to the college game.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IronOre View Post

      I'm not old enough to know who those guys are... Buck is monotone and Aikman hates everything.
      Well, there is that.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by laker View Post

        Most people don't remember that Keith Jackson did the first year of MNF. I loved hearing him but I'm glad that he went back to the college game.
        I personally don't remember Jackson on MNF, but I knew he was there the first year. He did a great job with college games.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

          I liked Cosell, he was unbiased. Meredith and Gifford were Cowboy cheerleaders. I understood it from Meredith. Gifford would often screw up, but he had a nice voice and was popular with the ladies. Even though I felt Meredith and Gifford were biased, they were still entertaining. There are plenty of games on youtube that they did.

          After Meredith left for NBC who allowed him to also act, there was a large number of replacements including Alex Karras, Fran Tarkenton, John Madden, and OJ Simpson. Here's the complete list.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_commentators
          Don't forget Dennis Miller!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            Also, Buck and Aikman are a terrible game crew.
            Joe Buck is a Philly hating douche nozzle and he really wants to kiss Aikman in the worst way.....and Aikman might let him if he's baked enough.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

              Why do you say that. I think they do a pretty decent job. Would you rather Howard Cosell and Dandy Don??! Lol
              Howard Cosell is responsible for creating the 53 year story of Eagles fans tossing snowballs at Santa Claus. He used to have a NFL highlight show in the 60's and the world would have never heard about it until he ranted about the incident on national TV and we've never lived it down since. Typical New York *******.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

                Howard Cosell is responsible for creating the 53 year story of Eagles fans tossing snowballs at Santa Claus. He used to have a NFL highlight show in the 60's and the world would have never heard about it until he ranted about the incident on national TV and we've never lived it down since. Typical New York *******.
                So the late Big Meanie Howard Cosell contributed to your life-long victimhood?

                You poor thing you.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

                  So the late Big Meanie Howard Cosell contributed to your life-long victimhood?

                  You poor thing you.
                  I'm surprised the Eagles didn't lock up Cosell in their stadium jail.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by laker View Post

                    Most people don't remember that Keith Jackson did the first year of MNF. I loved hearing him but I'm glad that he went back to the college game.
                    And he was a Coug! The Fuskie fans remember him as their announcer for several years and thought he was one of theirs, but he was from the Palluse in his college years.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

                      I'm surprised the Eagles didn't lock up Cosell in their stadium jail.
                      Yep.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

                        Yep.
                        I decided to look up the stadiums with jails and found there are 5. Philly, New England, KC, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. I'm surprised it isn't more.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

                          I decided to look up the stadiums with jails and found there are 5. Philly, New England, KC, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. I'm surprised it isn't more.
                          Oakland has one; The "Jack Tatum" block house.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

                            Oakland has one; The "Jack Tatum" block house.
                            I was surprised they weren't on the list I found. Of course next year they will be on The Strip instead of in the Black Hole.

                            As far as other new stadiums in sports go, the Seattle Center rebuild is on progress with a floating roof right now as they dig down and get the new roof pillars in place. They are still on pace to be done before the 2021 NHL season.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

                              Howard Cosell is responsible for creating the 53 year story of Eagles fans tossing snowballs at Santa Claus. He used to have a NFL highlight show in the 60's and the world would have never heard about it until he ranted about the incident on national TV and we've never lived it down since. Typical New York *******.
                              Trumpian deflection here. It's not our fault for doing what we did, it's the media's fault for reporting what we did!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

                                So the late Big Meanie Howard Cosell contributed to your life-long victimhood?

                                You poor thing you.
                                Did the flooding recede in your poor zoning law neighborhood yet?

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X