Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    My thought for SR4 is if Central Washington falls out of the top 7 playing a winless Simon Frazier. They dropped like a rock from 3 to 6 playing an 1-8 Western New Mexico team.
    They have the H2H win over #8 Midwestern. So if Duluth moves up again, I think CWU is still safe.

Comment

My thought for SR4 is if Central Washington falls out of the top 7 playing a winless Simon Frazier. They dropped like a rock from 3 to 6 playing an 1-8 Western New Mexico team.
      I don't think it's likely. And actually, the SOS hit will be minimal since SFU has only played 3 games against other opponents.

Comment

Last edited by cwfenn; 11-08-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
          There is no way to make playoffs for LR when you have a Mars Hill official on the selection committee. So the fourth best team in the region is unfairly locked out by biased measures. I mean really Sav. State is even ahead in this ridiculous poll.
          Beat Wise and you wouldn't have to worry about any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            Any chance New Haven will host Bentley again in one year? This will be really interesting.
            I know NH beat AIC two straight weeks a while ago, but neither was a playoff game. Stuff like quick rematches makes me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post
              Two of the more interesting matchups will be in the GSC and CIAA. If Bowie does what it's supposed to do and 3peats as the CIAA champs and Valdosta doesn't beat the defending champs, Bowie could end up with the 1st rd bye. If FSU got the upset, they would likely jump up to top 7 in SR II. A lot of football to be played. This last week will definitely be must seee TV or steaming lol.
              I don't know about that man. Valdosta's strength of schedule could legitimately keep them in the 1 seed if they lose to West Florida this week. If you compare the schedules, Valdosta just straight up has more quality wins than Bowie. Valdosta has beaten 3 teams currently ranked in the SR2 top 10 in Savannah, Albany and West Georgia (also West Alabama who was previously ranked). Bowie's best win is against New Haven who's ranked 4th in SR1. Outside of that Bowie's other wins just don't stack up to Valdosta's. Even if you include a win over Fayetteville.

It could ultimately come down to Valdosta having beaten 4 regionally ranked teams this season, while Bowie only beat 1 (likely 2 come Saturday). I think most people would consider a one loss Valdosta to be better than an undefeated (in D2 games) Bowie. It would suck, but this is a situation where I can't argue against the numbers.
              Last edited by 4_tattoos; 11-08-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I don't know about that man. Valdosta's strength of schedule could legitimately keep them in the 1 seed if they lose to West Florida this week. If you compare the schedules, Valdosta just straight up has more quality wins than Bowie. Valdosta has beaten 3 teams currently ranked in the SR2 top 10 in Savannah, Albany and West Georgia (also West Alabama who was previously ranked). Bowie's best win is against New Haven who's ranked 4th in SR1. Outside of that Bowie's other wins just don't stack up to Valdosta's. Even if you include a win over Fayetteville.

It could ultimately come down to Valdosta having beaten 4 regionally ranked teams this season, while Bowie only beat 1 (likely 2 come Saturday). I think most people would consider a one loss Valdosta to be better than an undefeated (in D2 games) Bowie. It would suck, but this is a situation where I can't argue against the numbers.
                Where do you believe that would put West Florida, would they move ahead of Albany?

It's interesting that UWF would play a D1 game that can only help them fill the required number of games, rather than a HBCU that can help them build their D2 resume (win or lose). UWF has never played an HBCU, how is that even possible with so many of them in their neighborhood? Valdosta State played 3 HBCU's this year and one of those games has helped to solidify them as the top seed in SR2.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Just speaking from an optics perspective. If the #1 and #2 teams are both undefeated in a rankings and they are both playing other teams ranked within the region,if the #1 took a loss, than the #2(who is still undefeated in DII) would move up to #1.

I'm not talking formulas or any other science, just what makes sense. VSU does have a strength of schedule advantage, however Bowie did not play a cup cake schedule. They are the one loss on a New Haven team that just beat the former #1 seed in their respective region. In most polls, when you lose, you drop.

Either way, BSU is only worried about the CIAA Championship at this moment. That's the only thing they can control

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Where do you believe that would put West Florida, would they move ahead of Albany?

It's interesting that UWF would play a D1 game that can only help them fill the required number of games, rather than a HBCU that can help them build their D2 resume (win or lose). UWF has never played an HBCU, how is that even possible with so many of them in their neighborhood? Valdosta State played 3 HBCU's this year and one of those games has helped to solidify them as the top seed in SR2.
                    That's an interesting question. I remember Coach Shninnick saying earlier this season that McNeese St. contacted him wanting the game and it was scheduled 3 years ago. As for why UWF hasn't played an HBCU I have absolutely no idea. I would guess that the HBCU's that are close to West Florida already have their out of conference schedules full of other long standing GSC and SAC schools and with UWF being a new program it will probably take a while to build a scheduling relationship with other conferences.

Comment

I believe that UWF would move ahead of ASU with a win.

Comment

There is no way to make playoffs for LR when you have a Mars Hill official on the selection committee. So the fourth best team in the region is unfairly locked out by biased measures. I mean really Sav. State is even ahead in this ridiculous poll.
                        It is at true that a Mars Hill administrator is on the SR2 committee and the national committee. However, it is not fair to assume that bias is involved. Every conference and every region is represented equally and it is protocol for individuals to withdraw from the conversation when his or her school is evaluated. Todd Knight is also on the SR2 committee and he will not be involved in discussions about Newberry. Gary Goff is also on the committee. If Valdosta State happens to lose, there is still going to be a very strong argument for keeping them at #1. Coach Goff would not be involved in that discussion / debate.

Comment

There is no way to make playoffs for LR when you have a Mars Hill official on the selection committee.
                          As others have mentioned, representatives are not allowed to be in on any deliberation involving their own school.

Comment

I think there is a real chance that Northwest Missouri will overtake Harding if Northwest beats Emporia this weekend combined with a few other likely results.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

That seems likely to me.
                              I disagree.

This is how things look right now.
                              x
                              w/l OWP v. 500+
                              Harding 9-1 .509 4-1
                              Grand Valley 7-1 .565 4-1
                              Northwest Missouri 8-1 .531 2-1
                              x
                              This is the most likely outcome in terms of data after week 11.
                              x
                              w/l OWP v. .500+
                              Harding 10-1 .500 4-1
                              Grand Valley 8-1 .535 ish 4-1
                              Northwest Missouri 9-1 .535 ish 4-1
                              x
                              In that scenario, I do not believe the teams would or should remain the same.

Other things to consider... If SVSU beat Michigan Tech, GV's results v. .500+ would drop to 2-1. If Fort Hays beats Pittsburg State, Northwest Missouri's wins v. .500+ would be 5-1.

Comment

9-1 Fayetteville State's showdown with SR2's undefeated Bowie State this weekend looms large in the final playoff ranking as the CIAA could end up with 2 programs with 9-1 records. Could be a game changer this year since there seems to be a lot more parity with some conferences this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X