Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Uh yea. And that's why they had to play in Michigan. Because the Michigan teams had better numbers based on their schedule. That's why 1-loss Ferris was seeded ahead of 0-loss Pitt State lol. I'm not sure what you're not understanding here. You're just running around in circles. It's like you get cut off at one pass and run to another pass, get cut off there, and go running back to the first one.
    No...I have soundly defeated you in every battle. I agree the GLIAC schools were the better seeds.

You just can't deal with getting the Nation treatment because you can't stop running that mouth.

I can sit here all day and tell you why the current system sucks...and that the criteria used is bogus.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-22-2023, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

No one outside of Pennsylvania would have called the 2021 (WC team) Eagles a good team, same as 2020(Last in division), or 2019(1st at 9-7), 2018(WC team). They seemed awfully good at having a basically .500 record.
      Still made the playoffs in three of those years....

Comment

Ah, yea, you're right. My bad. It was WOU that I was thinking of. I knew GV traveled out there to start a season, and I kinda just forget WOU exists lol.
        Now that is funny!

I don't like comparisons of CWU and WOU. It is like comparing D and R....

Comment

GVSU could be scheduling Fort Lewis and Simon Fraser. They don't. Mines and Pueblo could be scheduling William Jewell. They don't. They instead opt to face each other. GVSU did a home-and-home with Delta State. They did a home-and-home with Mines and Pueblo (twice). They did a home-and-home with Central Washington. They did a home-and-home with West Texas (and are doing it again in a couple seasons). GV has, and will, face anyone. The PSAC, and SR1 as a whole, doesn't do that. They fill their non-conference spots with teams within their own region, which hurts their own cause for the semifinals. That's the entire story. That's why SR1 is constantly the #3 or E4 seeded team in the semifinals. Because they don't challenge themselves. At least Assumption is taking the challenge of facing GV this year. Good for them. And it will help Assumption come time for playoff rankings, even if they lose.
          GV has to face anyone who says yes because they have no choice if they want to have a 10 game schedule.

You keep demanding us to schedule teams in other regions then expect us to travel to said games. Still waiting for your receipts that GV has called IUP every year and we say no.
          Last edited by IUPNation; 02-22-2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

3. No I don't, because they aren't thinking big picture. The theory applies to all sports. Why should northern baseball teams get as many teams in as the dominant southern teams?
            That's true. The South and Southeast and West regions frequently should be getting more teams in the CWS in D2 than they do. They suffer from the same kind of regional-focused setup. The hyper-focus on regionality in D2 is kinda crushing the competition across all the sports lately.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              SR1 administrators definitely game the system. I don't blame them. It's a lot easier to sell "made the playoffs every year" than "challenged ourselves in ooc and got our teeth kicked in, but now we know how good we need to be"

For conferences like the psac, it will just take one team getting the funding in place, becoming nationally competitive and maintainingthat standard for multiple years. Then watch how fast the other schools figure out how to fund it.
              One PSAC school did figure it out 30 years ago and the response was to decimate it and force it to cut back...aka the IUP Rule..which lasted until 2008 and we are still recovering from it.

Comment

3. No I don't, because they aren't thinking big picture. The theory applies to all sports. Why should northern baseball teams get as many teams in as the dominant southern teams?
                West Chester has won two National Titles in baseball in 2012 and 2017 and was a final four participant last season. They have been in the D2 World Series 5 times. A team from the Pee Sack. Shocking right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

There is nothing obviously nothing stopping you from constantly talking **** about conferences being scared to play teams from Meatchicken. It's old and tired. You are the Hoggie of the foosball side of the boards.

The Pee Sack has been doing mandated crossover scheduling since the mid 1990's. It's nothing that is new. It was two games a season through 2005 which left open a few weeks to go OOC. IUP was playing Nebraska Omaha and Catawba in the early 2000's. So nobody was scared. Then for whatever reason...I am assuming due to the expanded playoffs and regionalization. They went to three cross overs beginning in 2006...where we had to play them three straight weeks before opening divisional games. Again...they were just following the criteria for a region..not to placate big mouth GV fans. Then after Gannon and Mercyhurst fled the GLIAC and the Pee Sack expanded, the third crossover went to the last week so they could do The State Game which was reinstated and an actual title game crowning one champion instead of crowning one for each division. That is still the format today.

You keep demanding we play other regions but you get mad when we demand you to either shut up or move up and join the MAC with your peers in the Meatchicken Directionals.
                  I'm not even sure what you're arguing here. Every PSAC team already has an existing out of conference game they are able to schedule. But the PSAC schools, for the last, at least, 12+ years, have chosen to primarily only schedule OOC games within the region or against HBCU's which have, historically, also not been that competitive outside of the limited time after WSSU dropped back down to D2 from FCS. There's nothing stopping IUP from scheduling GV or Mines or Angelo or Valdosta or UWF with their open week. But they choose not to. IUP left their week 1 open this past season. So if you choose not to schedule those better out-of-region opponents, don't complain about not being able to host semifinal games and being viewed as lesser-than on a national scale.

No D2 school has ever jumped directly to an FBS conference, so your MAC demand is ridiculous lol. I'm pretty sure it's not even possible according to the NCAA bylaws.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

One PSAC school did figure it out 30 years ago and the response was to decimate it and force it to cut back...aka the IUP Rule..which lasted until 2008 and we are still recovering from it.
                    Maybe they will be the one to get back there..

I definitely wish they would make a rule prohibiting rules like that one.

Comment

Yes thank you.
                      So IUP can take shots at Fox News and Trump in this same thread but when I do it I'm told to go to another forum? Seems fair... funny part is I'm an independent voter who was just giving the other side.

For future reference I guess it's good to know what views are tolerated and accepted.

Comment

I'm not even sure what you're arguing here. Every PSAC team already has an existing out of conference game they are able to schedule. But the PSAC schools, for the last, at least, 12+ years, have chosen to primarily only schedule OOC games within the region or against HBCU's which have, historically, also not been that competitive outside of the limited time after WSSU dropped back down to D2 from FCS. There's nothing stopping IUP from scheduling GV or Mines or Angelo or Valdosta or UWF with their open week. But they choose not to. IUP left their week 1 open this past season. So if you choose not to schedule those better out-of-region opponents, don't complain about not being able to host semifinal games and being viewed as lesser-than on a national scale.

No D2 school has ever jumped directly to an FBS conference, so your MAC demand is ridiculous lol. I'm pretty sure it's not even possible according to the NCAA bylaws.
                        Because it's better to play teams from your region than it is to go out of region when it comes down to the regional rankings. If the Pee Sack wins all of those games in region against the other conferences in the region...we get more bids in the regional format. it's call being smart and playing the system. That is what is going over your pointed head time after time. You jsut want it to be we are scared of Grand Valley but nobody in Pennsylvania gives a flying **** about Grand Valley State University. Yes there is nothing stopping us but IUP will want a home and home series and these schools probably don't want to travel to PA. They just want the one game where we come to them. You just assume we always have to suck it up and travel every year. Everyone doesn't have the endless travel budget and the fleet of private jets Grand Valley does to go around the country and play everyone who says yes......

IUP hosted a semi final game in 2017. Slimey got one in 2019. So I guess the way we scheduled worked out fine...we gamed the system. Pretty cool right? I'm sorry that GV and Ferris chased away all those schools that formed the GMAC. That wasn't our fault or our problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

So IUP can take shots at Fox News and Trump in this same thread but when I do it I'm told to go to another forum? Seems fair... funny part is I'm an independent voter who was just giving the other side.

For future reference I guess it's good to know what views are tolerated and accepted.
                          Nation has been censored and chastised publicly and privately by Brandon for doing so, many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Maybe they will be the one to get back there..

I definitely wish they would make a rule prohibiting rules like that one.
                            It was literally the worst thing the The Home Office In Lock Haven ever did.

I will never forgive them for it either.

Comment

• I finally watched part of the video today after commenting on it 100 times or so

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                                I'm coming to the conversation late but I'm definitely not a fan of the way it's decided who get selected into the NCAA tournament. In football, if you are in a weak conference and if you don't schedule high competition in your OOC and win, your season is over before it began.
                                What about Benedict?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X