Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No. "We want everything to stay the same" is not an interesting interview.
    They won’t change their minds if nobody talks to them and has a discussion about it either. But I get it, the have nots vastly out number the haves at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I have always said that people can rip Shepherd's performance against Mines all they want last season, but I never understood why they were ripped for losing at Ferris in the semis when Ferris steamrolled over Valdosta the next weekend.
      That 21 Ferris oline might have been the best I've ever seen in D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They won’t change their minds if nobody talks to them and has a discussion about it either. But I get it, the have nots vastly out number the haves at this level.
        Is that last part true? What are you basing it on? Are the scholly amounts listed somewhere?

I mean look at Lindenwood. They went from middle of the pack miaa team to top of the glvc and in the playoffs without changing anything but their conference, and the issue was never money or facilities or location.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That 21 Ferris oline might have been the best I've ever seen in D2.
          Those were some bad dudes on that line. That's the most dominant D2 line that I can remember.

Comment

I was just noting that it's not a good interview. If someone advocated for something new but entirely different than Racy, I'd talk to them.

Comment

• Something else that I feel hampers SR1 teams are the conferences that they are in. Obviously, most of those teams can't do much about that based on geography and the travel budget. But let's face it, there are a lot of really bad programs in the PSAC, MEC, GMAC and NE-10. When half of your schedule is against bad teams, it's a big shocker to some teams when they see a good program from outside of the region.

Comment

Something else that I feel hampers SR1 teams are the conferences that they are in. Obviously, most of those teams can't do much about that based on geography and the travel budget. But let's face it, there are a lot of really bad programs in the PSAC, MEC, GMAC and NE-10. When half of your schedule is against bad teams, it's a big shocker to some teams when they see a good program from outside of the region.

When Pitt moved into the MIAA, it was a terrible conference. I mean really bad. One trip to the playoffs and they realized they had to get waaaaay better up front.

Comment

Is that last part true? What are you basing it on? Are the scholly amounts listed somewhere?

I mean look at Lindenwood. They went from middle of the pack miaa team to top of the glvc and in the playoffs without changing anything but their conference, and the issue was never money or facilities or location.
                  I was talking mainly conferences and voting. If it came down to changing the process, there are more have not conferences.

It would be interesting to see total expenditures for each team in D2.

Comment

When Pitt moved into the MIAA, it was a terrible conference. I mean really bad. One trip to the playoffs and they realized they had to get waaaaay better up front.
                    I feel like Shepherd used to be more physical up front on defense. When they played the better teams outside of the region, they were at least competitive. It didn't look like a mismatch. I would like to see them go back to the bigger and stronger defensive tackles.

Comment

• Looking at the Conferences represented in the Semi Finals the last five seasons, I can see why the MIAA commissioner is a little annoyed..his conference hadn’t been in the final four since 2016… after which they stupidly put the MIAA and GLIAC in the same region.

For the last 5 playoffs seasons:
                      Region 2 has been represented by the GSC every time
                      Region 3 has been represented by the GLIAC 4 times and the GAC once
                      Region 4 has been represented by the RMAC twice, the NSIC twice and the LSC once

Region 1 has been the Pee Sack four times and the MEC once and two of the times they margin of defeat was only by 10 points or less: 6 points in 2018 by Fake Notre Dame to eventual National Champion Valdosta and IUP lost by 10 to West Florida in 2017. So it’s not always a blowout on Region 1. The GMAC is getting better and one day a Per Sack team might figure it out.

So yeah…I can see why he wants reform. His conference got royally screwed in that mind numbingly dumb switch after 2016. In the short term before they reinvent the playoff wheel, they need to look at reshuffling Regions 3 and 4 back to the way it was before 2017.

The RMAC and GLIAC are scheduling each other already..may as well make it in region.

I need to be in charge of everything.

:-)

Last edited by IUPNation; 02-24-2023, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Something else that I feel hampers SR1 teams are the conferences that they are in. Obviously, most of those teams can't do much about that based on geography and the travel budget. But let's face it, there are a lot of really bad programs in the PSAC, MEC, GMAC and NE-10. When half of your schedule is against bad teams, it's a big shocker to some teams when they see a good program from outside of the region.
                        D2 would be a better place if some of these schools would look in the mirror and just do what's best and move to D3. As many SR3 posters have commented, there are a lot of programs in SR1 that are really D3 programs with a D2 costume on essentially. If there was a way to shed the dead weight in the GMAC/MEC/PSAC and make 2 conferences out of those 3... Imagine for a second if this happened:

Mid Atlantic D3 conference- Alderson Broaddus, West Virginia Wesleyan, West Virginia State, Lock Haven, Seton Hill, Clarion, Walsh, Kentucky Wesleyan, Lake Erie, Millersville

New conference D2 SR1 part 1- Ashland, Notre Dame, West Liberty, Ohio Dominican, Findlay, Tiffin, Hillsdale, Northwood, Gannon, Mercyhurst, Wheeling, Edinboro, Charleston

New conference D2 SR1 part 2- IUP, Rock, California, Glenville St, Fairmont St, Shepherd, Shippensburg, Bloomsburg, West Chester, Concord, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Frostburg State

UNC Pembroke I think I read is moving to the conference Carolina's so they would be part of SR2 going forward. Alas, this would never happen, but this is truly what needs to happen. Not advocating for teams to shut their programs down, but just asking those teams to stop beating their heads against the wall and just keep doing what they are doing in D3 which competitively they are much more aligned with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

D2 would be a better place if some of these schools would look in the mirror and just do what's best and move to D3. As many SR3 posters have commented, there are a lot of programs in SR1 that are really D3 programs with a D2 costume on essentially. If there was a way to shed the dead weight in the GMAC/MEC/PSAC and make 2 conferences out of those 3... Imagine for a second if this happened:

Mid Atlantic D3 conference- Alderson Broaddus, West Virginia Wesleyan, West Virginia State, Lock Haven, Seton Hill, Clarion, Walsh, Kentucky Wesleyan, Lake Erie, Millersville

New conference D2 SR1 part 1- Ashland, Notre Dame, West Liberty, Ohio Dominican, Findlay, Tiffin, Hillsdale, Northwood, Gannon, Mercyhurst, Wheeling, Edinboro, Charleston

New conference D2 SR1 part 2- IUP, Rock, California, Glenville St, Fairmont St, Shepherd, Shippensburg, Bloomsburg, West Chester, Concord, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Frostburg State

UNC Pembroke I think I read is moving to the conference Carolina's so they would be part of SR2 going forward. Alas, this would never happen, but this is truly what needs to happen. Not advocating for teams to shut their programs down, but just asking those teams to stop beating their heads against the wall and just keep doing what they are doing in D3 which competitively they are much more aligned with.
                          Clarion and Lock Haven just need to read the room. Both are in triads and I just can’t see how all three schools in each triad are going to keep having different athletic budgets. Lock Haven hasn’t had a winning season since 1979. Clarion is just too overshadowed by IUP and Slimey Pebble.

Millersville can get better. Its location is just too good to not fix the problem. I don’t understand why they let it go so bad. It’s in a highly populated area and Lancaster has its on Tv station so the can get media exposure.

Comment

Clarion and Lock Haven just need to read the room. Both are in triads and I just can’t see how all three schools in each triad are going to keep having different athletic budgets. Lock Haven hasn’t had a winning season since 1979. Clarion is just too overshadowed by IUP and Slimey Pebble.

Millersville can get better. Its location is just too good to not fix the problem. I don’t understand why they let it go so bad. It’s in a highly populated area and Lancaster has its on Tv station so the can get media exposure.
                            You could swap Millersville and Glenville... but really neither program is trying to field a winner historically. Just another bean counting mechanism for enrollment at those schools.

Comment

Looking at the Conferences represented in the Semi Finals the last five seasons, I can see why the MIAA commissioner is a little annoyed..his conference hadn’t been in the final four since 2016… after which they stupidly put the MIAA and GLIAC in the same region.

For the last 5 playoffs seasons:
                              Region 2 has been represented by the GSC every time
                              Region 3 has been represented by the GLIAC 4 times and the GAC once
                              Region 4 has been represented by the RMAC twice, the NSIC twice and the LSC once

Region 1 has been the Pee Sack four times and the MEC once and two of the times they margin of defeat was only by 10 points or less: 6 points in 2018 by Fake Notre Dame to eventual National Champion Valdosta and IUP lost by 10 to West Florida in 2017. So it’s not always a blowout on Region 1. The GMAC is getting better and one day a Per Sack team might figure it out.

So yeah…I can see why he wants reform. His conference got royally screwed in that mind numbingly dumb switch after 2016. In the short term before they reinvent the playoff wheel, they need to look at reshuffling Regions 3 and 4 back to the way it was before 2017.

The RMAC and GLIAC are scheduling each other already..may as well make it in region.

I need to be in charge of everything.

:-)

In that same period, the glvc has taken a sr3 po spot or 2 every season by gaming the system. The MIAA has also been in self inflicted silo, so they have been on the road against the gliac. Also worth noting that NW has been under their current coach for most of that time period, and Pitt was just plain crappy from 2015 up to the covid year when the current staff took over.

Bringing it to a head in 2022, the top 4 teams in the country (arguably) met in round 2 in Michigan.

In a way, the MIAA partially got what it deserved for being in a silo, imo. I mean, Pitt might have played Ferris in Pittsburg last year had they played a decent ooc team or 2 instead of being forced into a silo game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Do any of those conferences limit scholarships below 36?

I would be OK if they made that and silo scheduling automatic playoff disqualifiers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X