Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I love Thursday night games. I wish there were more of them.
    Word is that IUP/Ashland will be a Thursday opener in September.

It was quite the event the last time both teams opened the season at The Cig in Indiana..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It's an old and historic town. From what I have been told, the town has not wanted lights at the athletic facilities due to ruining the town's aesthetic. And if you spend more than a month there, you could believe that Shepherdstown would be that petty. I can also tell you first hand that the town will even out its aesthetics over safety if it can get away with it.

This has been disputed by a couple of people in recent years, and a couple of people have said that the school just didn't want to budget for lights. However, considering all of the improvements to campus, I find it hard to believe that adding lights would be considered too expensive.

I will also add that I couldn't imagine the lights affecting the town that much when you look at how Ram Stadium sits on the campus. On one side, you enter at the top of the stadium. The other side is surrounded by academic and administrative buildings.
      ...and it's literally just feet away from the Maryland border. It looks like all of the Potomac River sits in Maryland.

IUP didn't have lights until 1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Stop with the move to D3 crap. That’s tired. Yeah let’s move IUP’s nationally ranked basketball program to D3 because we are just at 25 for foosball. Maybe GV should move to D3 because their basketball team sucks.

GV has money. The poor act isn’t working.
        Then why are you telling GV to join the MAC, which is two levels above where they are, and when their basketball team sucks? lol. You're having the same thing said back to you and you have a problem with it, so. Figure out how you want to go about this.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I thought GV already decided to move up?
          No. And even if they did, the MAC would be two football levels higher than D2, which has never happened and isn't even allowed.

Comment

Because we’d never get home games going forward and then everyone will stop caring. Once the Midwest takes over the process it’s going to stay that way because the permanent narrative would be that the Midwest teams will always be better.
            In Witt's 2022 theoretical bracket,

1 - GVSU Region

Zero guaranteed current SR1 home games.

2 - FSU Region

Two guaranteed current SR1 home games.

3 - ASU Region

One guaranteed current SR1 home games.

4 - PSU Region

Zero guaranteed current SR1 home games.

I do agree about there needing to be a balance so that schools care, but schools also need to be rewarded for superior effort and achievement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wittbracket.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	742619

Comment

Word is that IUP/Ashland will be a Thursday opener in September.

It was quite the event the last time both teams opened the season at The Cig in Indiana..
              Will this year's game be in Indiana?

Comment

...and it's literally just feet away from the Maryland border. It looks like all of the Potomac River sits in Maryland.

IUP didn't have lights until 1996.
                Northwest until 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

No. And even if they did, the MAC would be two football levels higher than D2, which has never happened and isn't even allowed.
                  Oh didn’t that school in Minneapolis jump from DIII to FCS?

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    They are in a non-scholarship FCS conference. You can go from D3 to D1, but I'm fairly certain there's rules in place that don't allow for going to FBS football unless you first spend time in FCS football. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

They are in a non-scholarship FCS conference. You can go from D3 to D1, but I'm fairly certain there's rules in place that don't allow for going to FBS football unless you first spend time in FCS football. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
                      I'm pretty sure you are right about FBS. St Thomas is currently in the Pioneer League- actually won it with an 8-0 record. But they aren't eligible for the FCS playoffs until 2026.

From what I heard St Thomas wasn't angry about being voted out of the D3 MIAC. They had wanted to go big time since the 1980s. This gave them the excuse so that they NCAA didn't make them spend time in D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        St Paul. Yes. Pretty big school. They are landlocked. I used to work Clem Haskins Gopher basketball camp there. I asked why they didn't have it on the U of M campus- they would have had to cross three busy roads from the dorms to the gyms. At UST there were no streets to cross.

University of St. Thomas (Minnesota) - Wikipedia

Comment

There used to be a FAQ on the NCAA website that explicitly states it's allowed, and last time this topic came up I managed to track it down, but it's eluding me now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

There used to be a FAQ on the NCAA website that explicitly states it's allowed, and last time this topic came up I managed to track it down, but it's eluding me now.
                            Even if it were allowed, you need a conference invite from an FBS conference, and no FBS conference would ever extend an invite to anything beyond an FCS school.

Comment

I read on here that they had decided to move up. Was that debunked?

I glossed over the mac being a 1a conference.

Comment

Then why are you telling GV to join the MAC, which is two levels above where they are, and when their basketball team sucks? lol. You're having the same thing said back to you and you have a problem with it, so. Figure out how you want to go about this.
                                Then stop talking **** then you won’t get it back. It’s like you don’t know what I’m going to do when you attack something I support. You ****ed around and then you found out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X