Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    So with Bagent gone (and didn't the OC take a job somewhere else?) do you think Shep is gonna focus on defense and running the ball more, or are they sticking with airing it out?
    The OC was there for one season, so his departure is no big deal. I think Shepherd will at least skew a bit more towards the running game. And it does seem like they have gotten a few more solid solid defensive players in this class. So, it will be interesting to see how it all washes out. I could see them taking a step back for a season. Of course, I could also see them having another great year. Personally, I would rather see them go back to running the ball more and having a stronger defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

The OC was there for one season, so his departure is no big deal. I think Shepherd will at least skew a bit more towards the running game. And it does seem like they have gotten a few more solid solid defensive players in this class. So, it will be interesting to see how it all washes out. I could see them taking a step back for a season. Of course, I could also see them having another great year. Personally, I would rather see them go back to running the ball more and having a stronger defense.
      You’ll be fine. If you aren’t hosting The State Game next season I’ll be shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        So with Bagent gone (and didn't the OC take a job somewhere else?) do you think Shep is gonna focus on defense and running the ball more, or are they sticking with airing it out?
        I think and hope it gets back to being more balanced. Our running game should be a little more physical as the OL/RB will have the most experience on offense. I was pounding the table late in the season that the Rams needed to lean on the run game as the playoffs approached. They seemed to do that in the regional portion of the playoffs as Ronnie Brown was getting between 20-25 touches each game and went for over 200 yds in 2 of the 3 regional playoff games. I'll go to my grave thinking the Rams could have been in that Mines game if they just committed to running the ball. Brown had 177 yds on 17 carries in that game and it wasn't because of the dogs being called off when it was out of hand in the 2nd half. Their pass rush was going to be an issue, and out of ignorance the Rams just decided well this is WHAT WE DO. Just silly, run the ball get them on their heels then let Bagent with some time try and cook. But it didn't happen and Mines wiped the floor with them.

With that said, the defense is going to be better. I think 9 starters return, with a couple that were lost preseason on the DL that will be huge for size/depth. If they find the QB, they should be right there again for the region, with hopefully a better showing at that point as well.

Edit: Ok Brown had a 75 yd run late in the 4th quarter when the dogs were clearly called off against Mines... I take that part back. But they were still moderately successful running the ball at least and should have leaned on it.
        Last edited by Ram040506; 02-23-2023, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yes give those F Keys a rest.

I just don’t get it that we need to schedule GV to get a home playoff game but GV can schedule inferior Region 1 opponents and still get the home playoff game. Really makes no sense but I guess it’s rules for thee but not for me.
          lmao. Nation. What are you talking about? GV in 2022 played two playoff teams in non-conference, both from outside SR1, including the national runner-up (and then played two other playoff teams in conference play). In 2021, GV played a playoff team in non-conference, not from SR1. In 2023, GV is playing three playoff teams in non-conference, two from outside SR1, including the national runner-up. Like why are you just blatantly ignoring everything lol.

The only PSAC non-conference win over an eventual playoff team since 2011 has been Cal PA beating Virginia State in 2014. That's it. Out of all the PSAC teams, that's the only one to win a non-conference game against an eventual playoff team.

I get it. You don't want to admit when you are wrong. You never have. And you never will. But just blatantly ignoring things is a weird track to take lol.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think and hope it gets back to being more balanced. Our running game should be a little more physical as the OL/RB will have the most experience on offense. I was pounding the table late in the season that the Rams needed to lean on the run game as the playoffs approached. They seemed to do that in the regional portion of the playoffs as Ronnie Brown was getting between 20-25 touches each game and went for over 200 yds in 2 of the 3 regional playoff games. I'll go to my grave thinking the Rams could have been in that Mines game if they just committed to running the ball. Brown had 177 yds on 17 carries in that game and it wasn't because of the dogs being called off when it was out of hand in the 2nd half. Their pass rush was going to be an issue, and out of ignorance the Rams just decided well this is WHAT WE DO. Just silly, run the ball get them on their heels then let Bagent with some time try and cook. But it didn't happen and Mines wiped the floor with them.

With that said, the defense is going to be better. I think 9 starters return, with a couple that were lost preseason on the DL that will be huge for size/depth. If they find the QB, they should be right there again for the region, with hopefully a better showing at that point as well.

Edit: Ok Brown had a 75 yd run late in the 4th quarter when the dogs were clearly called off against Mines... I take that part back. But they were still moderately successful running the ball at least and should have leaned on it.
            I'm a big fan of running the ball and playing good defense. All of those years with Monte at the helm rubbed off on me.

Comment

So we can’t discuss it like an adult. Just more sneering and insults.

Got it.
              I apologize for hurting your feelings. Hug it out?

Comment

I'm a big fan of running the ball and playing good defense. All of those years with Monte at the helm rubbed off on me.
                I'm a fan of balance on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm a fan of balance on offense.
                  There always have to be balance. One dimensional teams typically are exposed eventually. I guess my issue with Shepherd the last two seasons has been thr lack of balance and the defense. Although, last season's defense was much improved. I contend that the reason for Bagent's drop in production from 2021 is that he was forced to win many shootouts his Harlon Hill season. While the defense wasn't lights out last season, it was much improved from 2021. With that being said, no one was beating Ferris that year, as Valdosta found out the following week.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lmao. Nation. What are you talking about? GV in 2022 played two playoff teams in non-conference, both from outside SR1, including the national runner-up (and then played two other playoff teams in conference play). In 2021, GV played a playoff team in non-conference, not from SR1. In 2023, GV is playing three playoff teams in non-conference, two from outside SR1, including the national runner-up. Like why are you just blatantly ignoring everything lol.

The only PSAC non-conference win over an eventual playoff team since 2011 has been Cal PA beating Virginia State in 2014. That's it. Out of all the PSAC teams, that's the only one to win a non-conference game against an eventual playoff team.

I get it. You don't want to admit when you are wrong. You never have. And you never will. But just blatantly ignoring things is a weird track to take lol.
                    I’m always right.

You know exactly what I’m getting at…don’t play dumb.
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-23-2023, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I apologize for hurting your feelings. Hug it out?
                      Only if you are cute. I’d don’t hug ugly strangers.

:-)

Comment

• Gorillas aren't very cute. Very hairy, lots of muscles, could crush you if you breathe wrong.

Comment

There always have to be balance. One dimensional teams typically are exposed eventually. I guess my issue with Shepherd the last two seasons has been thr lack of balance and the defense. Although, last season's defense was much improved. I contend that the reason for Bagent's drop in production from 2021 is that he was forced to win many shootouts his Harlon Hill season. While the defense wasn't lights out last season, it was much improved from 2021. With that being said, no one was beating Ferris that year, as Valdosta found out the following week.
                          Yeah. The NW defense couldn't even slow Ferris down much in 21.

Comment

Yeah. The NW defense couldn't even slow Ferris down much in 21.
                            I have always said that people can rip Shepherd's performance against Mines all they want last season, but I never understood why they were ripped for losing at Ferris in the semis when Ferris steamrolled over Valdosta the next weekend.

Comment

So will there be discussions like the one that started this thread about playoff reform with commissioners from the “lesser” conferences? You would think everyone has to be in the discussion in order to come to a consensus on how to make the process better…
                              No. "We want everything to stay the same" is not an interesting interview.

Comment

Yes give those F Keys a rest.

I just don’t get it that we need to schedule GV to get a home playoff game but GV can schedule inferior Region 1 opponents and still get the home playoff game. Really makes no sense but I guess it’s rules for thee but not for me.
                                I don't know if that is what he said.

Trying to steel man your summary of his argument............ GV doesn't need to improve its schedule. Some SR1 teams do.

IDK

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X