Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Nation thinks the answer is for the fully funded schools to move to D1 where they could only partially fund in order to accommodate the crappy D2 schools who choose to partially fund.

That sums up who we are arguing with.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

This is just blatantly lying lol.

GV doesn't even offer the full allotment of scholarships in all sports lol.
      So now you’re not fully funded in foosball? You are all over the place.

It would be interesting to get real numbers for each school. It’s a yearly topic of discussion in the Pee Sack forum.

Last edited by IUPNation; 02-21-2023, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

They do pay their profs a little better. Everyone pays better than Pitt.
        Except MOSO. MOSO pays less than high schools.

How much are students being charged in fees in their tuition to fund athletics? I always thought that just covered the student’s costs to attend sports games. We just showed our student card to get into games.
        Don't know. Its flat rate 3900/semester.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How much are students being charged in fees in their tuition to fund athletics? I always thought that just covered the student’s costs to attend sports games. We just showed our student card to get into games.
          Yes. At every school, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Except MOSO. MOSO pays less than high schools.

Don't know. Its flat rate 3900/semester.
            MoSo isn't a real college. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So now you’re not fully funded in foosball? You are all over the place.

It would be interesting to get real numbers for each school.

Good luck. There is no standard for reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                The tuition for IUP is twice what Pitt is, the enrollment is similar. So what is your alma mater paying for?
                Pennsylvania doesn’t fund the state schools properly. However they did get a boost recently and IUP dropped the cost of tuition,

IUP is in the mid 20’s scholarship wise….

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Lol. Nation thinks the answer is for the fully funded schools to move to D1 where they could only partially fund in order to accommodate the crappy D2 schools who choose to partially fund.

Choose ... Interesting word. Can't at the current moment is more accurate. I can tell you that Shepherd has doubled its funding in the past 20 years but still isn't fully funded. Honestly, I think that shows on the lines more than anything. Shepherd's skill position guys are very good overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Choose ... Interesting word. Can't at the current moment is more accurate. I can tell you that Shepherd has doubled its funding in the past 20 years but still isn't fully funded. Honestly, I think that shows on the lines more than anything. Shepherd's skill position guys are very good overall.
                    I could have been more clear, but choose is the correct word. They choose to play in D2, knowing they can't fund it. Shepherd appears to be trying to get there instead of trying to drag the rest of D2 down, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I never said that. I said if you don't like the way D2 is set up you can either suck it up and stay or move up.

Please provide proof that schools choose to partially fund on purpose. Who do you know is doing that?

How do you know that your Chimps are fully funded. You have the financials?

Predatory Primates thinks that only schools he deems acceptable should only get playoff bids so the playoffs are only for the entitled.

Comment

Good luck. There is no standard for reporting.
                        Then why should we take your word that your Chimps are fully funded?

Comment

I could have been more clear, but choose is the correct word. They choose to play in D2, knowing they can't fund it. Shepherd appears to be trying to get there instead of trying to drag the rest of D2 down, at least.
                          Nobody is trying to drag the rest of D2 down. More lies.

The issue is being against people like you who think certain regions of the country should not be allowed into the playoffs. If you want a Midwest Centric Playoffs, ask the NCAA to create a level just for Midwest schools so you can have your own little party. I mean that is all you really want.

I agree that the playoffs have too many teams in the brackets. The playoffs should only be a reward for winning a conference title.

That would mean your team have gotten the MIAA bid this year and Northwest would have sat home. Why should they get a chance to win a National Title when they couldn't win their conference? If every conference played home and away schedules against each team then I think you could then have wildcard teams. Every regular season conference game should be do or die. Then we could go back to schools getting 2-3 OOC games back on the schedule. That's how you can measure up conference strength.

D1 should never go past 8 teams in their expanded playoffs. That is literally enough.

D2 could go back to 16 teams and it would be perfectly fine.
                          Last edited by IUPNation; 02-21-2023, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I never said that. I said if you don't like the way D2 is set up you can either suck it up and stay or move up.

Please provide proof that schools choose to partially fund on purpose. Who do you know is doing that?

How do you know that your Chimps are fully funded. You have the financials?

Predatory Primates thinks that only schools he deems acceptable should only get playoff bids so the playoffs are only for the entitled.
                            Playoff bids are for the ENTITLED, if they weren't every school would be awarded a berth*. Not everyone gets to play for championships.They all have the same opportunity to fund raise and charge fees like every other school. They CHOSE not to.
                            Last edited by GorillaTeacher; 02-21-2023, 02:59 PM. Reason: *spelling

Comment

Yet GV gets all of its scholarship money from the state taxpayers. Isn’t that why the private schools fled the GLIAC because they couldn’t print coupons fast enough to get the players the Meatchicken public’s could offer with actual money.

It’s cute how the haves who get the money easily lecture schools that have to work hard to raise what they do…
                              SR1 teams have had a huge fund raising advantage for a long time with teams getting free rides to the semis and have not capitalized on it. Do you really think it was easier for UNK to go from 18 schollies to near full funding while getting their arses stomped every week in the MIAA than for IUP to do it while skipping into the playoffs every year?

Comment

Then why should we take your word that your Chimps are fully funded?
                                I didn't say they were, and honestly don't know if they are. I know they work hard to fund raise (sometimes too hard in that they have alienated the locals,, etc.. in search of a buck) and have at times been nationally competitive.

The difference is, I'm not in here fighting to continue with a status quo that rewards teams for mediocrity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X